Need Help - In Town for the Lions Game

Corn Bread

Can you go more into detail about that parking situation? I google mapped the 3831 Sheldon Rd and theres nothing out there. Just stores and stuff. Is this a parking lot or parking deck that i just pay to get into? I was gonna park in the stadium lot, but not so sure anymore.

That means you park on someone's front lawn or back yard. As you get closer to the stadium, you'll see signs for cheaper parking! Enjoy your trip, I missed those days!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you go more into detail about that parking situation? I google mapped the 3831 Sheldon Rd and theres nothing out there. Just stores and stuff. Is this a parking lot or parking deck that i just pay to get into? I was gonna park in the stadium lot, but not so sure anymore.

Okay, first of all there is a discrepancy between in Google Maps on the street number. So ignore 3831. Look at the satellite view and find Windom Elementary School. The place I am describing is directly to the right (east) of the school. You'll see a cluster of buildings. You can park pretty much anywhere. In fact just about every house on Sheldon will let you park on their lawn for $10. I suggested that area because if you head west toward McKinley you can get away quickly and avoid the main stadium traffic.

PTR

I would really suggest heading down towards HSBC Arena before the Sabres game, there's usually a lot of crowded bars and you can probably scalp some cheap tix for $15-$20. Plus you'd be out of the game by about 10 which leaves plenty of time to party the night away. Enjoy!

Will you guys be bringing your girlfriends??

They weren't our girlfriends, really!! We just met that weekend! :lol:

Oh, that made Lions fans proud. We weren't near that section and never saw the commotion. We saw it on the news for the next 2 weeks! That sort of thing happened multiple times every game back at the Silverdome, because that was the worst stadium in pro sports, and everyone was miserable just being there. This was an isolated incident at Ford Field. :blush:

If you're in your 40's, then Chipewa is not the place for you. That's a college section of town. There are a ton of bars, but gets pretty crazy as the night goes on. You might want to take a walk through to check out the scenery and have a few drinks early during the Sabres game, but I wouldn't spend the majority of the night there. Your best bet is Elmwood, Allentown, or near the HSBC arena. Hit Jim's Steakout for a late night snack and the Towne for breakfast, you will not be disappointed! For Dinner there are a lot of great restaurants, I've actually heard good things about the restaurant in the Holiday Inn. But Gabriel's Gate, Mother's, Fat Bob's, Colter Bay, or Cole's are all good.

As far as tailgating without a grill, just stop at Wegman's before the game and get a sub and some snacks. Their subs are outstanding and huge and yes, beer is sold at 8am, so no worries. I haven't been out in downtown Buffalo on a Sunday night in years, I have no idea what kind of crowd they get. But the bars around the Stadium are busy for a few hours after the game, so that may be your best bet.

What section are you guys in?

I would really suggest heading down towards HSBC Arena before the Sabres game, there's usually a lot of crowded bars and you can probably scalp some cheap tix for $15-$20. Plus you'd be out of the game by about 10 which leaves plenty of time to party the night away. Enjoy!

That sounds great, and if we could get tickets on the cheap like that, even better.

If you're in your 40's, then Chipewa is not the place for you. That's a college section of town. There are a ton of bars, but gets pretty crazy as the night goes on. You might want to take a walk through to check out the scenery and have a few drinks early during the Sabres game, but I wouldn't spend the majority of the night there. Your best bet is Elmwood, Allentown, or near the HSBC arena. Hit Jim's Steakout for a late night snack and the Towne for breakfast, you will not be disappointed! For Dinner there are a lot of great restaurants, I've actually heard good things about the restaurant in the Holiday Inn. But Gabriel's Gate, Mother's, Fat Bob's, Colter Bay, or Cole's are all good.

As far as tailgating without a grill, just stop at Wegman's before the game and get a sub and some snacks. Their subs are outstanding and huge and yes, beer is sold at 8am, so no worries. I haven't been out in downtown Buffalo on a Sunday night in years, I have no idea what kind of crowd they get. But the bars around the Stadium are busy for a few hours after the game, so that may be your best bet.

What section are you guys in?

That is really good to know about Chippewa, because we don't want to get caught up in a college scene. We'd be way out of place there. Just looking for pub/sports bars type places, and it sounds like the Sabers game and around the arena is promising.

We're in section 109, row 9. These are almost identical seats to ours at Ford Field. Our season tickets are on the 30, row 19.

That is really good to know about Chippewa, because we don't want to get caught up in a college scene. We'd be way out of place there. Just looking for pub/sports bars type places, and it sounds like the Sabers game and around the arena is promising.

We're in section 109, row 9. These are almost identical seats to ours at Ford Field. Our season tickets are on the 30, row 19.

Those are great seats.... Welcome to the board btw Youll have a great time lots of good advice on the board here. :thumbsup:

But uh ya... Go BILLS :nana:

"Gates" open earlier at Hammer's Lot on Abbott Road.

If you search forums, you will find a zillion suggestions on what to do in Buffalo.

Cornbread and DreReed83 if your looking for a safe, secure, central located parking lot, park in my lot, Hammer's Lot. I can show you where all the action is game day. When you pull in introduce yourself and I'll take care of you. If you hang around an hour or 2 after the game you will see a Bills player in Hammer's Lot.

Hey, one more thing I meant to ask... Does your stadium have seats or benches? Until we went to Lambeau last year, I would have assumed seats, but I have to ask. I'm thinkin' seats.

So we're heading off to Buffalo Saturday morning coming off a great game this past weekend. :wallbash: Only the Lions find a way to lose a game they're ahead in 20-10 with 4 minutes left. :wallbash: We're prepared for another loss. That's just how we roll. I've been listening to your sports talk on the net lately to get a feel for the fans. It sounds like there's a bit of conflict about whether it would be better to win or lose with 2011 draft picks on the line. This is how we feel every year about this time. No need for you to waste time on this dilemma. It's out of your control. Lions have it all under control and will give the Bills their first win.

You have no idea how sucky Lions Nation is, year after year after year after year...

Hey, one more thing I meant to ask... Does your stadium have seats or benches? Until we went to Lambeau last year, I would have assumed seats, but I have to ask. I'm thinkin' seats.

Looking back through the thread, I see you mention being in Section 109, that one is seats. You can use the link below to see the views from that section....

Bills Seating Chart

So we're heading off to Buffalo Saturday morning coming off a great game this past weekend. :wallbash: Only the Lions find a way to lose a game they're ahead in 20-10 with 4 minutes left. :wallbash: We're prepared for another loss. That's just how we roll. I've been listening to your sports talk on the net lately to get a feel for the fans. It sounds like there's a bit of conflict about whether it would be better to win or lose with 2011 draft picks on the line. This is how we feel every year about this time. No need for you to waste time on this dilemma. It's out of your control. Lions have it all under control and will give the Bills their first win.

You have no idea how sucky Lions Nation is, year after year after year after year...

Hey, we can blow a huge lead as well (Dallas MNF, New England etc)and have sucked for a long time too. :thumbsup: You don't get to have all the fun.

I believe sec 109 has individual seats. I sit in 241 and we have benches with seat backs. You get seat backs at RWS.

As for listening to sports talk I assume you mean WGR. Worst sports talk on the planet! Only station I've ever heard where hating the city and sports teams are a requirement for employment.

See you at the game.

PTR

Looking back through the thread, I see you mention being in Section 109, that one is seats. You can use the link below to see the views from that section....

Bills Seating Chart

Geez... I even looked at this view a while ago. I should have known to look at the view from the seats. Thanks!

Hey, we can blow a huge lead as well (Dallas MNF, New England etc)and have sucked for a long time too. :thumbsup: You don't get to have all the fun.

Well, we've had a lot more "fun" than you have over the years. At least you've been to Superbowls. We'd give anything to make it to the final game of the year.

As for listening to sports talk I assume you mean WGR. Worst sports talk on the planet! Only station I've ever heard where hating the city and sports teams are a requirement for employment.

See you at the game.

PTR

Yup. See you this weekend! And I would say the same thing about Detroit talk show hosts. They love to bag the home teams, college and pro. Seems they just want to get a rise out of everyone.

PTR said it right - "As for wearing your gear, you'll be fine as long as you don't act like a douche." Cant believe someone advised not to wear your gear....

Let us know how it was, though I hope everything for you was great except for the game!

That sounds great, and if we could get tickets on the cheap like that, even better.

Ya if that's the case i would recommend The Pearl Street Bar and Grill, or as previously mentioned some of the bars right near the HSBC arena. (Pearl street is about 3 or 4 blocks away, some other bars already mentioned are closer)

would also recommend to show up tailgating early in the 8am time area just to take in the full scene and not feel rushed.

off the top of my head most often have problems with fans from cocky teams or rivals that we play a lot ex (jets/dolphins/pats/steelers/raiders etc..) not often i've really seen random fans from non rival teams just minding their own business getting confronted or anything. it's usually the obnoxious pats or jets fan trying to egg people on that doesn't end well. I can't imagine problems with Lions fans, if anything we can sypathize with you guys.

Well, we might not have all the "fun", but Lions fans have the "lion's share" of it. We're the franchise no one even thinks about, because we're so bad. We're not even good enough to make fun of; just insignificant.

I think that's more common than we think. They're the same way in Detroit; not all of them, but some of them. They hate on our college and pro teams, it seems just to get a reaction. It gets old. :thumbdown:

PTR said it right - "As for wearing your gear, you'll be fine as long as you don't act like a douche." Cant believe someone advised not to wear your gear....

Let us know how it was, though I hope everything for you was great except for the game!

I will report back when we return. We are VERY humble at away games. There's no other way for a Lions fan to be. Well, there's "ashamed" too I guess.

Ya if that's the case i would recommend The Pearl Street Bar and Grill, or as previously mentioned some of the bars right near the HSBC arena. (Pearl street is about 3 or 4 blocks away, some other bars already mentioned are closer)

would also recommend to show up tailgating early in the 8am time area just to take in the full scene and not feel rushed.

off the top of my head most often have problems with fans from cocky teams or rivals that we play a lot ex (jets/dolphins/pats/steelers/raiders etc..) not often i've really seen random fans from non rival teams just minding their own business getting confronted or anything. it's usually the obnoxious pats or jets fan trying to egg people on that doesn't end well. I can't imagine problems with Lions fans, if anything we can sypathize with you guys.

I hear Jets fans are bad. There were some "colorful" ones at the game on Sunday. Philly seems to have the reputation of the worst fans. I've heard of people visiting Eagles games with kids and getting pounded! Our plan is to try to score cheap seats for the Sabers game Saturday night, and if we can't, just hang around the area. Sunday, we'll definitely head down early and experience all we can. I hear it takes a while to get in the Ralph, so you need to head in with enough time to get to your seats by kick-off. Here's a story we always laugh about. We went to Chicago a few years ago where, as everyone knows, they are an hour behind on Central Time. So, you wouldn't think we would make the mistake of thinking kick-off was at 1:00 Chicago Time, do ya? Who would be that stupid? :blush: They must head in late a lot there, because we were in a crowd heading in. We were walking up a ramp, and we heard the game going on, and then it occurred to us - CENTRAL TIME!!! :wallbash: It's just ingrained into our heads that early games start at 1:00.