On the Fritz: MVP

What a play at the end of the game to secure the loss by Shawn Nelson! He literally may have saved the entire season with that fumble.

In a week where Carolina and Cleveland suffered key victories, the Bills now stand alone atop the draft mountain.

The Ravens clearly got caught asleep at the wheel. They were already looking past Buffalo, and couldn't take them seriously. The Bills, on the other hand, were fired up and motivated by all this UFL talk.

Don't fool yourself into thinking that Fitzpatrick is the answer or that this team is on the doorstep of something great, they still need to rebuild entirely.

The Bills gave their best effort today, and the Ravens gave one of their worst - and it still wasn't enough to get a win.

This team is miles away and desperately needs that number one draft pick. Thank you Shawn Nelson for getting us one step closer.

This week's MVP goes to Fritzpatrick for his key interception at the end of regulation.

Honorable mentions to Todd Hailey for his timeout, and Moorman's shank to set up that final drive.

Our guys really stepped up and dodged a bullet for the second week in a row in a close game.

San Francisco suffered another victory, with Buffalo retaining sole possession of the top draft pick.

This week's MVP goes to Fritzpatrick for his key interception at the end of regulation.

Honorable mentions to Todd Hailey for his timeout, and Moorman's shank to set up that final drive.

Our guys really stepped up and dodged a bullet for the second week in a row in a close game.

San Francisco suffered another victory, with Buffalo retaining sole possession of the top draft pick.

I guess you are happy that fitz !@#$ed up. Way to root against your favorite team.

I guess you are happy that fitz !@#$ed up. Way to root against your favorite team.

I just want to the Bills to have long term success. I don't think Ryan Fitzpatrick is the guy to get us there. I hope we get the top draft pick and get our franchise QB and return to prominence.

He also put together several good drives in the second half that allowed us to even be in that game. His interception was flat out horrible. Buffalo had it's chances and failed as a team.

S-T-F up! it slipped out of his hands things happen, without Fitz we would not have come close.

He's actually right, just saying it a humorous way. Anyone who thinks Fitz is the long-term answer for this team is delusional. In this case, winning isn't everything. The Bills have played two very entertaining games in a row and they showed plenty of heart. I applaud them for that. Isn't that the major reason we watch them anyway?

Edited by kas23

I just want to the Bills to have long term success. I don't think Ryan Fitzpatrick is the guy to get us there. I hope we get the top draft pick and get our franchise QB and return to prominence.

I never understand you draft-centric guys. You do realize that if we get the #1 overall pick, odds are at least 50/50 he will bust out or we'll pick the wrong guy. You need to cheer for this team in the moment.

We will know by the end of the season if he is capable. He seems to be learning each time (I realize that could sound ridiculous). Let him experience these situations, and by the end of the year he might be much better at (here comes the cliche) managing the game. I am open to Fitz now.

God, I hope this put s to rest that it was the O-lines fault that Edwards sucked. They need a couple lineman, and it's actually the run blocking that is bothering me now. Maybe it's just because I was watching KC pick up 10 yards a carry, but the Bills backs were doing it on their own.

I never understand you draft-centric guys. You do realize that if we get the #1 overall pick, odds are at least 50/50 he will bust out or we'll pick the wrong guy. You need to cheer for this team in the moment.

Well, you can always take solace in the "We'll be OK in N years" slogans. And, yes, N is an unknown variable between 3 and infinity.

Real fans want their favorite team to contend for championships. Spritzy choking games, while embarassing to watch and frustrating in the short term, helps the team achieve its championship aspirations by facilitating the selection of a potentially elite-level franchise quarterback.

Just gotta control your emotions and take it like a man in the meantime.

I am a fan. I know I've been to more games than most posters on this board. I just think that getting the top draft pick is the best chance for this organization to turn it around.

That is the wrong mentality. The mentality is to hit on the 1st rounders you draft regardless of their draft position. We haven't been good at that and it's way too early to tell this with Nix.

And if you're a fan, you don't cherish the thought of losing, it makes you look like an !@#$.