Buffalo News Vote For Worst Player In The NFL

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I forgot that Maybin is from the Baltimore area.

They made him inactive against in front of his family.

Looks like Chan is one cold hearted dude. The first time he in active in his career in a game in his hometown.

I like it though, if that doesn't light a fire under his skinny butt, I don't know what will.

Get that man some Chicken Wings and Biscuits.

Looks like Chan is one cold hearted dude. The first time he in active in his career in a game in his hometown.

I like it though, if that doesn't light a fire under his skinny butt, I don't know what will.

Not to belabor the haircut angle, but what do you think goes through Gailey's mind when he see's an underperforming (really, that's a kind assessment) 2nd year #1 pick, on a 0-6 team walking around with a stupid@** haircut, that screams out "Do you know who I am?" louder than Ko Simpson?

He must CRINGE. Cringe throughout his extra-long work week whenever he sets eyes on Maybin. Cringe while he watches game film, cringe while he watches Maybin struggle in practice, and cringe while he answers questions from the press about this Maybin fool.

He was probably doing Maybin a favor by not letting Maybin embarrass himself in front of his friends and family.

This is from Jerry Sullivan's News column CNN just quoted it.

About the rookie cap it will still be high, no way NFLPA wants it down low. Rookie salaries are now based on Vets at the position already plus bonus.

Everyone in the league plays through college waiting for the pay off in the pros. Plus the career is average of 5-6 years for most players.

The average career of an NFL player (per the NFLPA) is 3.3 years.

My vote for worst player would maybe just have to go to TRENT EDWARDS.

Cut from the Bills. Backup for the Jags and when he gets the opportunity with the Jags he throws 2 picks in 1 half and gets hurt for a week. Dude is totally crapping out of this league. I'd be surprised to see him stick on a roster after this season.

I bet Maybin wishes the Bills still had Edwards and Lynch -- now he's got the wrath of the fan base all to himself.

The guy might go down as the worst draft pick in Bills history, but I'm starting to feel bad for him. I don't think he's lazy or unmotivated. I just think he has no business being on an NFL roster. An undersized guy has a handful of good games in college and suddenly is supposed to be a fixture on an NFL defense -- and at a position he's never played. Absurd.

Fans' wrath should be focused on the people who decided to pick him at #11.

Agreed.

Sullivan must be creaming his jeans right now seeing all the news outlets picking up his latest flamejob.

Trashing maybin is beating a dead horse at this point. I wish sully would write something useful at some point.

BTW, why are some of you so concerned about maybins hair? He has millions of dollars to burn and obviously spends a lot of it at the barber shop.

Sullivan must be creaming his jeans right now seeing all the news outlets picking up his latest flamejob.

Trashing maybin is beating a dead horse at this point. I wish sully would write something useful at some point.

BTW, why are some of you so concerned about maybins hair? He has millions of dollars to burn and obviously spends a lot of it at the barber shop.

It has nothing to do with how much money he makes. It has to do with showing some humility among your PEERS, when you haven't proven yourself worthy of being their peer. In sales,coffee is for closers, in the NFL, flashy haircuts are for sackers. Get it?

The guy has been an embarrassment for many people in the organization, from the scouting dept., to the coaching staff, and I think he should be smart enough to be very low key until he starts playing well. I don't consider that haircut "low key" and I don't think Chan Gailey does either.

Edited by Matthews' Bag

It has nothing to do with how much money he makes. It has to do with showing some humility among your PEERS, when you haven't proven yourself worthy of being their peer. In sales,coffee is for closers, in the NFL, flashy haircuts are for sackers. Get it?

The guy has been an embarrassment for many people in the organization, from the scouting dept., to the coaching staff, and I think he should be smart enough to be very low key until he starts playing well. I don't consider that haircut "low key" and I don't think Chan Gailey does either.

I'm pretty sure Chan made him inactive, on Sunday, because he has been inactive every Sunday of his career, the only difference being he wasn't in a uniform last Sunday, not because of his haircut.

But I get your point, it's like putting big money rims on a Pinto, the driver is the one that looks like an idiot and doesn't even know it, same as Maybi.

Edited by Levitre + Wang = Wood

I'm pretty sure Chan made him inactive, on Sunday, because he has been inactive every Sunday of his career, the only difference being he wasn't in a uniform last Sunday, not because of his haircut.

But I get your point, it's like putting big money rims on a Pinto, the driver is the one that looks like an idiot and doesn't even know it, same as Maybi.

I didn't say, and don't think it's because of his haircut, but I bet the staff (and other players) would be more encouraged if they saw some outward displays of maturity though. And the benching of him prior to a game in his hometown might be taken as an indication that he hasn't been getting some of the messages they have been sending him.

I like your analogy.

This whole thing is just shameful. Maybin's young and he may or may not be able to play in the NFL. Coaches haven't given up on him. I don't think much of his efforts to this point but to have a contest to call him the worst football player in the NFL and have the national media run with it is just wrong. The only reason it went national is because the Bills are such a laughing stock this was an opportunity to annoint a poster child. As a Bills fan I'm disgusted and it doesn't matter to me if Maybin never sees the field again. It reflects poorly on Buffalo and the Bills. Sullivan should do an apology for going too far on this.

This whole thing is just shameful. Maybin's young and he may or may not be able to play in the NFL. Coaches haven't given up on him. I don't think much of his efforts to this point but to have a contest to call him the worst football player in the NFL and have the national media run with it is just wrong. The only reason it went national is because the Bills are such a laughing stock this was an opportunity to annoint a poster child. As a Bills fan I'm disgusted and it doesn't matter to me if Maybin never sees the field again. It reflects poorly on Buffalo and the Bills. Sullivan should do an apology for going too far on this.

Sullivan is a jerk. His whole schtick is to be as abrasive as possible, and to kind of voice the opinion of what he imagines to be the common Buffalonian fan. He knows if he complains about things like the salaries of the players, he can count on having some readers. He has been almost wholly negative about the Bills, even during the Kelly-Era. He rarely offers any insight into things like strategy, or philosophical approaches to the game, he merely criticizes decisions with hindsight.

As they say "It's a Business" and MayBEEEE has had his chance to do something on Special Teams during the preseason or early season. He has had a chance to do something at both OLB and DE and failed to do so. His ego has been out of control ever since he decided to drop out of college before graduation (maybe he knew that his one year at Penn State was the only year of fire he had in his belly and it was clear that some team was going to take him in the first round) but continued during his hold out and then was showcased when he did his little dances after getting his hand on opposing players when the games were meaningless.

Now, his family and friends can start to wonder MAYBEEEE he shouldn't be in the NFL and they might find him a home in some flag football league.