Lindell's Kick

trigger

Forgive me if there is another thread about it, but I haven't seen any comments about that incredible boot to put the game into overtime. Jeez, that looked like it would have been good from 60! With all the histrionics from yesterday, I think that kick may have been overlooked a bit, but it was special.

Rian Lindell has probably been the most consistently good player for the Bills over the last several years.

He is a great kicker, who'd get even more publicity if he didn't kick in weather hell. He'd surely have far more makes from 50+.

the only kick i remember him missing was against Cleveland Monday night. I'm sure he missed a few more but that's the only one worth remembering. I have seen him kick a few to win or secure games at the end of the game.

And I agree with you.

The collective funk this Bills team has been in (Dallas Monday nighter where the Dallas kicker boots some 50+ yarder to win) only adds Lindell into it too.

We expect defeat.

But watching him nail that 50 yarder under the circumstances he was under, truly spoke to the game that they played. This was refreshing.

I tell ya, if the officials did not blow the Nelson "fumble", we would have won.

"Often missing in the clutch"? Serious? Do you have stats on his 4th quarter kicks to validate that perception?

Of course he doesn't. That was a classic "talking out my ass" post.

Lindell is no Christie (who could be), but he is one of the best and most consistent kickers in the league -- in all situations.

Rian Lindell has probably been the most consistently good player for the Bills over the last several years.

He is a great kicker, who'd get even more publicity if he didn't kick in weather hell. He'd surely have far more makes from 50+.

Kicking in weather hell? HAlf his kicks are attempted outside of Buffalo and 3/4 of his kicks in the Ralph are in decent weather.

Of course he doesn't. That was a classic "talking out my ass" post.

Lindell is no Christie (who could be), but he is one of the best and most consistent kickers in the league -- in all situations.

He's not talking out of his ass at all. The misses against Cleveland and Pitt (especially Pitt - it was a chip shot) were big time pressure misses. Lindell has gotten better - much, much better - but those two were huge misses.

He did miss a chip shot in the season finale a few years back, that would have probably won the game for

us. We were playing the Steelers scrubs, and we just missed making the playoffs because of the miss. I can't

really complain about Lindell too much though, especiall over the last couple of years.

Forgive me if there is another thread about it, but I haven't seen any comments about that incredible boot to put the game into overtime. Jeez, that looked like it would have been good from 60! With all the histrionics from yesterday, I think that kick may have been overlooked a bit, but it was special.

When Lindell was snatched from San Diego, it was one of the best free agent acquisitions the Bills have made in 20 years. He has been both consistent and good at long range. If he were on a top team, he would be a Pro Bowler.

I actually did read a post game article somewhere that made a mention of the kick. Something to the effect that it could have probably been good from 65 yards. I almost couldn't watch but then for some reason i just decided what the hell why look away and cross my fingers, we are 0 and 5 lol.

When Lindell was snatched from San Diego, it was one of the best free agent acquisitions the Bills have made in 20 years. He has been both consistent and good at long range. If he were on a top team, he would be a Pro Bowler.

Seattle.

Missed that gimme in the infamous Pittsburgh game that changed momentum, but I still want him as my kicker any day. OTOH nailed the one in DC to beat the Skins.

Also nailed the farther one before the unsportsmanlike was called in that game. And I think that was around 50 as well, in horrid cold rainy weather to boot.

Best walk/metro ride back from that stupid stadium that I have ever had.

Edited by garbag3man

Anyone saying he's not clutch is OUT OF THEIR GOD DAMNED MIND!

He's 75 for his last 76 from inside 40.

The Pittsburgh game was SIX YEARS AGO.

The Cleveland miss sucked, but he's made 12 GAME WINNING OR OVERTIME FORCING KICKS INSIDE 2 MINUTES IN THE FOURTH QUARTER.

Don't let the facts get in the way of your feelings, though.

Kicking in weather hell? HAlf his kicks are attempted outside of Buffalo and 3/4 of his kicks in the Ralph are in decent weather.

So 25% of his kicks are in poor weather. Thank you for making my point for me. That is like, a lot of them.

the only kick i remember him missing was against Cleveland Monday night. I'm sure he missed a few more but that's the only one worth remembering. I have seen him kick a few to win or secure games at the end of the game.

I agree. However that miss was more about the play calling and field posistion. There is a huge lake at that end of the field with bad weather blowing in. Dick and Turk totaly messed up the play calling.....