Shawn Nelson MVP

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will bet you $10,000 that if the Bills are picking #1, Luck does not come out.

You're saying that if we have the 1st pick, he doesn't come out because he probably will be rated the 1st QB in the class and he doesn't want to play with us?

You smile over losses?

Nelson losing that game is a positive thing, this is a positive thread. The team only gets better if it can obtain an elite-level franchise QB, and this game was another step in that direction. If you smile at losses and smile at wins, you might as well just accept that losing this year helps the team in the future, because it does.

Yes, when my favorite team is winless and hasn't shown a glimpse of progress over the first five games, I get excited when I see our quarterback throw for over 350 yards. Is that so terrible? We played a very good football team tough, on the road, and there is no cause for optimism? I have accepted that losing this year will benefit this team in the future, but I refuse to approach every week with the hope that we get smeared all over the field. That is a "loserish" mentality.

You think this is a positive thread? Chiding one of our offensive players for being "the MVP" because he had the ball stripped out of his hands by Ray Lewis at the end of the game....that's positive? That's unnecessarily sarcastic and negative if you ask me. Go ahead and hope that the Bills go 0-16 this season....you are not a real fan.

Everyone hates losing, but to be fair, you do have some valid points. This franchise has been spinning its wheels with no results for nearly 20 years. People like to think about the Superbowl years like they were yesterday, but they were not. They were ages ago. We have been a sub-mediocre team since then. We have had many 7-9 seasons and many draft positions in the teens. Is this really what people want again? We need an elite quarterback. Fitz is a very good QB at best. He is not elite and he is not Jimbo. He is not going to be the guy who is going to get us to th playoffs for the next 10 years. He is good enough to win us 7-9 games though. He is not a franchise QB like Manning or Brady. I repeat, is this what people really want?

We may have a very rare opportunity come this off-season, a #1 pick. We need to use this on a Manning or a Brady. We should not be abandoning the idea of drafting a QB because we have found a journeyman QB that has played decently the last 4 games. And remember, elite/great QBs always find ways to win. Sure, Fitz can suit up for the defense, but he can certainly help our defense by keeping them off the field.

I will take a very good QB any day over the crap shoot that is the #1 draft pick. Fitz is having a great year, and I think we'd be better suited to take the best available talent as we have several holes to fill. If that means drafting a DE or LT I think having Fitz one more year won't hurt us. The guy does have QB rating over 100 and 11 touchdown passes in four games.

What a play at the end of the game to secure the loss by Shawn Nelson! He literally may have saved the entire season with that fumble.

In a week where Carolina and Cleveland suffered key victories, the Bills now stand alone atop the draft mountain.

The Ravens clearly got caught asleep at the wheel. They were already looking past Buffalo, and couldn't take them seriously. The Bills, on the other hand, were fired up and motivated by all this UFL talk.

Don't fool yourself into thinking that Fitzpatrick is the answer or that this team is on the doorstep of something great, they still need to rebuild entirely.

The Bills gave their best effort today, and the Ravens gave one of their worst - and it still wasn't enough to get a win.

This team is miles away and desperately needs that number one draft pick. Thank you Shawn Nelson for getting us one step closer.

Who are you? Where did you come from? When will you be going back? :thumbdown:

Man, you guys are really mean. There's really no need to name call like this.

It's my opinion the Bills are better off losing out and getting the top draft pick. Maybe your opinion is different, that's fine - but don't act like I'm the only one that thinks like this, or that there is no merit to having the number one pick.

It's my opinion the Bills are better off losing out and getting the top draft pick. Maybe your opinion is different, that's fine - but don't act like I'm the only one that thinks like this, or that there is no merit to having the number one pick.

And you are consistently negative and campaign the same god damned point into the ground with each and every post.

Um guys, we are winless and literally the worst team in the NFL. Whether or not the Bills could beat the Las Vegas Locomotives made national headlines.

Let's not be too surprised that much of the discussion surrounding this team takes a negative tone.

This is as bad as it has ever been. Save the funshine kitten parade for when we win a single game :)

What a play at the end of the game to secure the loss by Shawn Nelson! He literally may have saved the entire season with that fumble.

In a week where Carolina and Cleveland suffered key victories, the Bills now stand alone atop the draft mountain.

The Ravens clearly got caught asleep at the wheel. They were already looking past Buffalo, and couldn't take them seriously. The Bills, on the other hand, were fired up and motivated by all this UFL talk.

Don't fool yourself into thinking that Fitzpatrick is the answer or that this team is on the doorstep of something great, they still need to rebuild entirely.

The Bills gave their best effort today, and the Ravens gave one of their worst - and it still wasn't enough to get a win.

This team is miles away and desperately needs that number one draft pick. Thank you Shawn Nelson for getting us one step closer.

YAY!! Be happy the Bills lost. Dumbass. :censored::wallbash:

UNLESS this is the last uncapped draft year. Then he has to come out.

I'd be shocked if teams sign their rookies before the new CBA is in place. Especially with millions at stake. Imagine if the rookie cap had been in place for much of this decade. I'm Ko Simpson and I'm worth thousands.

You're saying that if we have the 1st pick, he doesn't come out because he probably will be rated the 1st QB in the class and he doesn't want to play with us?

I'm saying that he already would seem to be leaning towards staying, having the Bills there to pick him would only clinch it.

Edited by Captain Caveman

Sometimes, ya find what ya bring

Nothing wrong with having an opinion or stating it politely (as above).

When I read the original post "Shawn Nelson MVP" my first thought was, "man, that guy's one mean sarcastic SOB -- is he a Troll?"

Just my opinion, maybe your opinion is different, that's fine, but don't act like there's no merit in being courteous and showing some respect for a hustling player who may have been rooked by the refs and a team who played hard.

You smile over losses?

Nelson losing that game is a positive thing, this is a positive thread. The team only gets better if it can obtain an elite-level franchise QB, and this game was another step in that direction. If you smile at losses and smile at wins, you might as well just accept that losing this year helps the team in the future, because it does.

Losing always sucks, losing is for losers, and Bills fans who want the Bills to lose suck at life, or at least at being fans.

Tell the Lions that getting top draft picks every year is the surefire path to success.

Tell the Lions that getting top draft picks every year is the surefire path to success.

Good point. And yet another blow to the team is that our #1 draft pick would come during a strike season. There has been plenty of time for a new CBA. Both sides seem to be happy to wait the other side out. Better start watching baseball next season.

I would like the first overall pick, but I don't want the Bills to play to lose. I want them to compete every game.

Exactly. Asking players and coaches to tank games goes against the very fiber of what a winner is made of. Plus purposely losing games diminishes the development of the players. Might as well throw that year's worth of xp in the trash bin then. A true athlete's outlook is to always do his utmost to win. You can't ever ask him to do otherwise. I want the Bills to always try to win and gain experience while pursuing it.

Edited by Pilsner

So if it comes down to the last game of the season, and the Bills and the Panthers both have just one win, and the Bills hold the draft tiebreaker - you would honestly want them to go out there and compete their hardest and get a win? Even though it would mean losing the top draft pick?

So if it comes down to the last game of the season, and the Bills and the Panthers both have just one win, and the Bills hold the draft tiebreaker - you would honestly want them to go out there and compete their hardest and get a win? Even though it would mean losing the top draft pick?

In that situation, if you were the coach, what would you do? Would your pregame speech to the team be "ok guys we've fought hard all season. But today I want you guys to forget what it's like to strive to win. How about we just suit up and lay an egg. Forget you guys have pride, just go out there and be their b*#ch"

Realistically what would be your speech to the team NaPolian? I know ur name is a play on words. Clever name too. The real life Napoleon wouldn't ever lay back and get run over without a fight tho.

I'd want the coach to just go ahead and play the backups. Just like as if they had locked up homefield advantage in the playoffs. I don't think this is very likely though, tbh.

But I'm not the coach! I'm just a fan. And in that situation, as a fan, I would prefer to see them lose. Not because I like seeing them lose, but because I think the value gained from that one loss could translate into lots of wins down the road.

Edited by NaPolian8693