We turn this thing around once...

Ralph dies? No. Once the whole front office gets fired? No. We become a winning team the moment we get our franchise QB. It may be in next years draft, or it may be in 2 years, 3 years and so on...Look at the rams. They found their franchise QB, and they already TRIPLED their win total from last year.

Yes i know, our D stinks, but even if we fix our D, and dont have a franchis qb, we wont sniff the playoffs. Dont think this cant be turned around quickly. It can. With a little luck and patience, we can be watching our buffalo bills in the playoffs a year or two from now. Stick with this team guys, i know these are dark times, but the brighter days are ahead. This IS rock bottom. Once we hit rock bottom, we will start moving in the right direction.

Of course the only way we will win consistently is with a franchise qb. Most obvious thing ever.

But I almost guarantee that the next reply after mine will be from some clueless yahoo that wants the best player on his favorite team to weigh more than 300 pounds.

Lots of Bills 'fans' are scared to draft a qb #1 so the spotlight will shine on us and we might lose our Loveable Loser persona.

Of course the only way we will win consistently is with a franchise qb. Most obvious thing ever.

But I almost guarantee that the next reply after mine will be from some clueless yahoo that wants the best player on his favorite team to weigh more than 300 pounds.

Lots of Bills 'fans' are scared to draft a qb #1 so the spotlight will shine on us and we might lose our Loveable Loser persona.

Schefter wrote an article yesterday saying two high ranking scouts told him that this could be the best QB class since '83. There is almost no way we don't come out with a QB in Round 1 of the draft next year.

But I almost guarantee that the next reply after mine will be from some clueless yahoo that wants the best player on his favorite team to weigh more than 300 pounds. Lots of Bills 'fans' are scared to draft a qb #1 so the spotlight will shine on us and we might lose our Loveable Loser persona.

The Raiders tried to do both in 2007, drafting a 300 pound QB. It doesn't work.

This is kind of funny. On the other hand, it's getting old and tiresome.

I live in St Louis with plenty of opportunity to follow the Rams sad song. They had the #2 1st round pick in both 2008 (DE) and 2009 (OT). You and I will never know what impact Sam Bradford would have had on the Rams W-L record if they drafted him before trying to build up their lines with high draft picks, because that isn't the strategy they followed. They have been trying to build the lines on both sides of the ball for several years, including two years of #2 draft picks B4 Bradford.

Pointing at the Rams as though the only factor in any turn-around they may have implemented was drafting a star QB with a high pick is flying in the face of facts.

Expecting a "franchise QB" to be able to single-handedly turn-around a team with sucky lines on both sides of the ball is unrealistic. Football is a team sport.

Disagree? Give me an example of a team with sucky lines who turned their W-L record around just by drafting a QB with one of the top 5 1st round picks.

I don't think you'll find one. They either draft the lines first, or the QB doesn't do so much until they do build the lines.

Football is a team game. To win, a team is needed - not just a brilliant QB. Acquiring a star QB first is one strategy. Building strong lines first is another strategy.

I have a viewpoint on what's best to do first. The Rams had a viewpoint. The mid-80s Bills had a viewpoint. You have a viewpoint. Truth, I don't think the details matter, as long as there really is a good plan supported by quality talent evaluation and the stomach to see it through. (It's the QTE point that scares many of us)

To dis off anyone who points this out as "scared" and not wanting to lose the "loser" persona is just King Size Silliness.

Geeze Wheeze give the Armchair Sigh-chology a break, willya? Doctor Phil, you're not. Clueless yahoo, might be one here. Who it is, exercise for the reader.

A rookie cap may be in place for next season and it may not. For argument's sake, what if the team has to spend big money on a top pick a la STL with Bradford or DET with Stafford? Does anyone really think this franchise at this point in their owner's life will commit to 50M+ to a guy who hasn't played a down of NFL football?

As has been said millions of times on TBD, the team does not begin a turnaround until the team is owned by someone new. And even that may be fatal to us Bills fans.

Schefter wrote an article yesterday saying two high ranking scouts told him that this could be the best QB class since '83. There is almost no way we don't come out with a QB in Round 1 of the draft next year.

Really?? Better than '04 (Manning, Big Ben, Rivers, Schaub)?

Locker, Mallett (Luck stays in school), Pryor, Moore? Tyrod Taylor? McElroy?

Really?? Better than '04 (Manning, Big Ben, Rivers, Schaub)?

Locker, Mallett (Luck stays in school), Pryor, Moore? Tyrod Taylor? McElroy?

The article mentioned Luck, Mallett, Locker, Christian Ponder and Blaine Gabbert from Missouri as the the top QBs in the draft with all potentially having 1st round grades.

There's no such thing as a great team without a very good QB, so you might as well get the QB now.

I have no quarrel at all with this viewpoint, especially if this looks to be a great QB class. If you have a chance to draft a great player, draft 'em.

My issue is with the people who think a great QB is all that's needed to make a great team, or that anyone who has a different viewpoint is either clueless, or some kind of psychobabblical head-case who's stuck on losing.

Nuts.

Draft histories show there is more than one way to build a great team.

If the next Bruce Smith were available vs. a very good QB, who do you take?

To be great, you're going to need both of them.

What I wish I had is some of the world-class second guessing that went on when the Bills drafted Kelly (he'd wrecked his shoulder and played 3 games his Senior year), and even more world-class second-guessing that went on when the Bills drafted Bruuuuuuuuce instead of taking a QB #1 in '85 (while Kelly was playing USFL)

Ralph dies? No. Once the whole front office gets fired? No. We become a winning team the moment we get our franchise QB. It may be in next years draft, or it may be in 2 years, 3 years and so on...Look at the rams. They found their franchise QB, and they already TRIPLED their win total from last year.

Yes i know, our D stinks, but even if we fix our D, and dont have a franchis qb, we wont sniff the playoffs. Dont think this cant be turned around quickly. It can. With a little luck and patience, we can be watching our buffalo bills in the playoffs a year or two from now. Stick with this team guys, i know these are dark times, but the brighter days are ahead. This IS rock bottom. Once we hit rock bottom, we will start moving in the right direction.

:wallbash:

It isn't going to matter who is behind center if the line sucks! One person a team does not make!

First off you have to have a GM that can pick a Franchise QB. Our GM said none of the QB's available when we picked ( I have to presume in the 2nd round as well) wern't better than what we had on this roster....but then we cut our starter. No I really don't have faith in Nix picking the right QB.