DJ, Perry 7-9, 7-9, 7-9 (all look good now)

Chuckknox

Chan has had the bye week to regroup. Hopefully he can get the defense to start playing better. A win this week would set a nice tone for the rest of the year.

Fitz looks like he be gaining more and more confidence every week. Team just need a few turnovers for a chance to compete.

No more negative post, they need some positive vibes.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so I am going to finally respond. I thought this thread would get little traction so I did not post.

Being content with 7-9 is like waking up every day to your average wife, going to your job which you simply work, coming home to your average house in your average car while you merely accept the decision that this is as good as it gets. If that is anyones life than I am truly sorry for you.

There is and should be no contention with never finishing with your best effort and reaching your potential. In this case the Buffalo Bills have just as much potential as any other NFL team. We may be giving our best effort for our group of players but we should not be satisfied with this.

Look at San Diego a few years ago firing Turner. He got them so close so many times and look how the Chargers fans felt. Do you really think that if we finished the next 3 seasons at 11-5 with playoff losses and no Super Bowl rings as something to be accept? Even when we do win the Super Bowl the very next year I think we need to be back, again and again and again. In the world of sports there is only 1st place and everyone else.

there seems to be two schools of thought on the board one buddy and chan were suppose to work a miracle in six weeks after 5 years of horrible management, or the correct way of thinking it is going to take a few years to correct and fix and rebuild. my god for all of you advocating a quick fix what player would you have them sign in a year when there was very little player movement , what player shold they have drafted to make a this mess into a playoff team. Buddy is workig a plan , the plan is to build through the draft and add a free agent here and there. THIS IS THE WAY TO DO IT CHECK GREEN BAY ,PITTSBURG , BALTIMORE AND SEE HOW IT IS DONE. In buddy we trust

2 threads started by the same poster within 10 minutes of themselves both bashing Nix and Gailey...nice.

the guys an idiot , opps did i say that , yeah the guy is an idiot

Edited by bkc

Chucky boy, did you really just make three threads at the same time just to point out the bills suck? Come on man....

2 threads started by the same poster within 10 minutes of themselves both bashing Nix and Gailey...nice.

make that three..... I wish there was a way to limit some posters' thread making abilities.

It's tough to be the captain of a sinking ship. I think it's a bit premature to call Buddy, Chan, & company a failure. They inherited a decade of poor personnel decisions, and are in the process of switching offensive and defensive paradigms without the proper personnel. Even if Bill Cowher was hired as head coach, and Jesus himself as the new GM, I still think fan expectations for this year's team would be tempered. Give them some time.

Oh, and by the way, to say that Dick Jauron :sick: is looking good right now is just plane silly. Worst head coach ever IMO.

Chan has had the bye week to regroup. Hopefully he can get the defense to start playing better. A win this week would set a nice tone for the rest of the year.

Fitz looks like he be gaining more and more confidence every week. Team just need a few turnovers for a chance to compete.

No more negative post, they need some positive vibes.

yey Negative Nancy is no longer.

Edited by b stein 22

and they thought is was bad to miss the playoffs on the last week (Bledsoe). At least the Bills were competitive with DJ & Marv. Those teams just needed a few more players, a little more luck. I always felt like they had some chance each week.

This team this has a feeling of doom, poor schemed defenses with no clue.

WORST OF ALL, NO ACTION OR EFFORT BY THE GM OR FRONT OFFICE, just a bunch of PR "spin", rebuilding.... rebuilding what??? Not with these people drafting or not signing free agents

This is what the first year of a rebuild looks like. It looks awful. It requires patience. And it brings out the "They're not trying" and "They should pick up this guy and this guy and this guy and this guy" folks who don't understand. This is what the first year of a rebuild looks like. Thing is, there's a good chance that the third and fourth year of a rebuild look much much different.

You do not lose on purpose to gain higher draft picks, that is not a plan. You fill holes with better quality at every reasonable chance.

No, you follow your plan. You fill holes with better quality only if they fit your plan. You don't run around like a chicken with it's head cut off.

Again, this year is going to suck. Accept it. Look for small good moments that give you hope for the future. Look for young guys to improve, moments when schemes work and guys fit the schemes. That's all you'll get this year and probably next. That's what rebuilds look like.

and they thought is was bad to miss the playoffs on the last week (Bledsoe). At least the Bills were competitive with DJ & Marv. Those teams just needed a few more players, a little more luck. I always felt like they had some chance each week.

WORST OF ALL, NO ACTION OR EFFORT BY THE GM OR FRONT OFFICE, just a bunch of PR "spin", rebuilding.... rebuilding what??? Not with these people drafting or not signing free agents

Sorry Sir, but I must vehemently disagree! I cannot tell you how much I consider the above to be completely wrong.

Levy/Jauron were absolutely terrible at their jobs. Levy was completely clueless and Jauron had the worst football philosophy one could imagine. True, Mr. Wilson is responsible for bringing in this absolutely inept duo, but they did destroy this team. They left it with no foundation whatsoever.

I can understand anger with Nix/Gailey for staying the course of idiocy and drafting another gadget player at #8, but imo they had no choice. That strongly appeared to come from the top.

Well, it took a few years for all the horrible personnel selections by those clowns to catch up with the team.

By now, we have such crappy personnel that it will take a few years of drafting more smartly to fix it.

You can mortgage (or second mortgage) your home today, and have a really nice car to drive for a couple years. But eventually, the stuff hits the fan when you have no place to park your fancy car.

Selecting safety, RBs, and KRs with your high picks might be fun for a while, but those little fellows can't protect your QB or tackle anybody near the LOS!

Pay me now -- or pay me later!

Excellent Dennis! 100% on the money. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Edited by Bill from NYC

Um no 7-9 doesn't win you anything so 7-9 never "looks good." the point is to win a title and 7-9 doesn't even get you into the playoffs for a chance to win one.

Try again

No, you're right! Let's go 0-16 or 1-15 so our franchise lives in infamy and is roundly ridiculed around the league and the country.

That's the sure path to a championship! It only takes three years after we lose every game. Then we get the top pick and it's easy street from there! I mean, it worked for the Dolphins (1-15), and the Raiders (2-14), and the Lions (0-16), right? These teams are just counting the rings on their fingers.

No, wait...

You people who think losing all of our games so we can get saddled with overpaying some 21 year old kid from a spread offense might deserve ten more years of misery.

Donahoe was actually good. Atleast he got Proven Free Agents in here. Ex Flectcher, Bledsoe, Spikes. Unfortunately he let proven players on the team walk ala Pat Williams and Antoine Winfield. At Least he tried. Buddy Nix rather be sleeping come Free Agency.

Oh yeah I would defiantly prefer to be 7-9 every year and look competitive rather than rebuild from scratch, have a few ugly seasons and maybe have a shot at something more down the road. Don't give me this "They don't want to win, Ralph just wants money in his pocket" nonsense either. Those are the real killers on this board.

Newsflash guys, if you think that is what is going on here and you are getting ripped off by going to the games and buying the merch every year then why the hell would you still follow the team? Just to be a pessimistic douche?

If this coaching staff hasn't made any improvements in 3 years then you can start swinging at them all you want and I will be right there with you.

OMG THEY DIDNT DRAFT THE GUY I SAID THEY SHOULD and OMG THEY DIDNT SIGN THIS PERSON WHO I THINK THEY SHOULD HAVE. Just stop already. It is a broken record, we have heard it before and it accomplishes nothing.

No, you're right! Let's go 0-16 or 1-15 so our franchise lives in infamy and is roundly ridiculed around the league and the country.

That's the sure path to a championship! It only takes three years after we lose every game. Then we get the top pick and it's easy street from there! I mean, it worked for the Dolphins (1-15), and the Raiders (2-14), and the Lions (0-16), right? These teams are just counting the rings on their fingers.

No, wait...

You people who think losing all of our games so we can get saddled with overpaying some 21 year old kid from a spread offense might deserve ten more years of misery.

First: Just because a team has to rebuild doesn't mean they are guaranteed a championship. Are you going to tell me that Kelly didn't play on championship caliber teams? He isn't counting any rings. Nobody is suggesting we lose every game. Try using your brain before you start talking, I promise you will sound smarter.

Second: When you point out your sarcasm, it defeats the point of using it in the first place. Just sayin. :oops:

This is what the first year of a rebuild looks like. It looks awful. It requires patience. And it brings out the "They're not trying" and "They should pick up this guy and this guy and this guy and this guy" folks who don't understand. This is what the first year of a rebuild looks like. Thing is, there's a good chance that the third and fourth year of a rebuild look much much different.

Its also what a Matt Millen-led team looks like. Why are you so sure it isn't the latter?

You know what is hilarious about this post? How wistful it is for the days of 7-9. I recall clearly people saying how being 7-9 every year was worse than going 0-16. Well, now we can test that theory.

PTR

QFT

And what is sad is that this thread is actually 4 threads merged together that Chuck made haha. Hard to believe that this is actually 4 topics he made in one night.

First: Just because a team has to rebuild doesn't mean they are guaranteed a championship. Are you going to tell me that Kelly didn't play on championship caliber teams? He isn't counting any rings. Nobody is suggesting we lose every game. Try using your brain before you start talking, I promise you will sound smarter.

Second: When you point out your sarcasm, it defeats the point of using it in the first place. Just sayin. :oops:

Seriously now, come on. You don't think this was done on purpose? Because if you don't, then the alternative is worse:

1. Either what we are looking at this year is an intentional attempt to lose as many games as possible to garner a high pick

or

2. A completely inept coaching staff that took a defense that was competitive and is continually coaching them into the wrong position not because they are intentionally losing but because they are just actually that incompetent.

So, are you saying it's #2?

and they thought is was bad to miss the playoffs on the last week (Bledsoe). At least the Bills were competitive with DJ & Marv. Those teams just needed a few more players, a little more luck.

Holy sh-mokes! A Jauron apologist! I thought you people crawled back under your rocks.

I always felt like they had some chance each week.

Which team were you watching? It wasn't the Bills.

I was saying it back in 2006, and I still say it today: History will prove Dick Jauron is/was one of the worst head coaches ever in the history of the franchise. Jauron was a Hank Bullough prodigy. The only difference between Bullough and Jauron was the players hated Bullough and used to purposely throw games in an effort to get him fired.