NFL Trade Deadline!

You've got to be kidding! The NFL Trade deadline came and passed without the Bills making a whisper! How could such a lousy organization sit idle on a day where they could've picked up some draft picks. After all that is their self declared modem of rebuilding this team. They don't believe in high profile free agents generally, so it's practically their only means to replenish a depleted lineup of castoffs.

The Bills management again showed me that they are slow to act, if they act at all, and are not willing to make

quick, decisive, actions to change the course they are on. What are they trying to prove by sticking with this roster. It's not like they are going to make the playoffs, sniff the playoffs, or even win 8 games! They'll be lucky to win a game or two, and right now that's far from a sure thing!

Will Marcus Stroud, Lee Evans, Fred Jackson be viable part of the team when it's rebuilt in 3 years? Probably not..2 if not all 3 will be in the retirement line! I'm sure someone would've giving us at least a 3rd or 4th rounder for one of those guys? What it is though..is that Buddy boy and Chan Gailey know that they probably won't be around in 3 years on this team if they don't win some games soon! So they rather strive for marginal seasons with fans having false hope than go have a fire sale, and really build this team from the ground up!

I don't like the job Buddy Nix has done so far, and figure Tom Modrak probably has his paws in there somewhere! The Draft was lousy...the picks pretty much don't play hardly at all if they are even activated! (Except for Spiller) which was an odd choice when reviewing the Bills need of a OLT and QB, WR, LB's, DT, RT..etc.....All they keep showing

me is their incompetence and they sound stupid saying that they don't believe in the big name free agents! Well N.England does and so does the Jets, Washington, Indy, etc...and which organizations are better off??????

These guys are idiots!!! 1-15 this year....3-13 next year....4-14 the following year which will probably be 18 games! Then we'll clean house again...try to find an old coach who is out of football and on his couch playing Madden...and we can start the lowest bidder process after we talk about maybe getting Cowher, Dungy, Gruden etc....It's a continuation of the circle of self-destruction that never seems to stop! It just goes round and round and passes through different coaches hands..rather it's Greg Williams, Mularkey, Jauron, Gailey...My guess is it'll be Tom Coughlin next after he's retired...and has been out of football for a while! Only time will tell!

For the optimists out there that were everywhere in the preseason voicing their optimism and denouncing my negativity...Where the heck are you all now?? Hiding under a rock? I don't care if you voice your opinion now...but please tell me the details...as to why we should feel positive about this current team, and the direction that we are going as an organization...Where are you TRENT Edwards backers now? You 3-4 defenders???? There were many of you who ridiculed me..and I told you that I would let you know that I was on base with my pessimistic 5-11 prediction in the preseason...which actually looks quite good now considering where we are sitting. I'm here...please tell me how good we are...the coaching...the management...CJ Spiller being an immediate impact player...M. Lynch and how he was going to rebound...all that stuff...Where are you all?? I want to feel good about this team...please give me some reasons as I just don't have any right now! My kids went to a halloween party at the fieldhouse tonight..and they had Troup, Coleman, and someone else wearing a former players number..and someone else..My kids asked me if they were on the Bills because they never heard their names on the t.v. on gameday when we watch the games...I just kind of laughed and told them that most of them were rookies and haven't played much...My kids kind of didn't know these players were on the team...How pathetic of a draft class is that?? I'd trade our whole team for the hiring of Bill Polian, or the drafting of the Next Peyton Manning wouldn't you?????????????????

:bag:

Did you happen to notice that there wasn't a single trade in the entire NFL at the deadline? It may be justifiably more crucial for the Bills to make moves than other teams but there still need to be willing trade partners. It appears likely there were none.

Edited by Punch

Nice rant. Guess all 32 teams' management are idiots...

NFL Transactions - Oct. 19, 2010

(Well, all but Tampa Bay & KC, who had that big blockbuster trade involving DE Alex Magee and a couple of undisclosed draft picks.)

You are aware that, to make a trade, you need a willing partner - and someone they want - yes? :unsure:

Edited by The Senator

You've got to be kidding! The NFL Trade deadline came and passed without the Bills making a whisper! How could such a lousy organization sit idle on a day where they could've picked up some draft picks. After all that is their self declared modem of rebuilding this team. They don't believe in high profile free agents generally, so it's practically their only means to replenish a depleted lineup of castoffs.

The Bills management again showed me that they are slow to act, if they act at all, and are not willing to make

quick, decisive, actions to change the course they are on. What are they trying to prove by sticking with this roster. It's not like they are going to make the playoffs, sniff the playoffs, or even win 8 games! They'll be lucky to win a game or two, and right now that's far from a sure thing!

Will Marcus Stroud, Lee Evans, Fred Jackson be viable part of the team when it's rebuilt in 3 years? Probably not..2 if not all 3 will be in the retirement line! I'm sure someone would've giving us at least a 3rd or 4th rounder for one of those guys? What it is though..is that Buddy boy and Chan Gailey know that they probably won't be around in 3 years on this team if they don't win some games soon! So they rather strive for marginal seasons with fans having false hope than go have a fire sale, and really build this team from the ground up!

I don't like the job Buddy Nix has done so far, and figure Tom Modrak probably has his paws in there somewhere! The Draft was lousy...the picks pretty much don't play hardly at all if they are even activated! (Except for Spiller) which was an odd choice when reviewing the Bills need of a OLT and QB, WR, LB's, DT, RT..etc.....All they keep showing

me is their incompetence and they sound stupid saying that they don't believe in the big name free agents! Well N.England does and so does the Jets, Washington, Indy, etc...and which organizations are better off??????

These guys are idiots!!! 1-15 this year....3-13 next year....4-14 the following year which will probably be 18 games! Then we'll clean house again...try to find an old coach who is out of football and on his couch playing Madden...and we can start the lowest bidder process after we talk about maybe getting Cowher, Dungy, Gruden etc....It's a continuation of the circle of self-destruction that never seems to stop! It just goes round and round and passes through different coaches hands..rather it's Greg Williams, Mularkey, Jauron, Gailey...My guess is it'll be Tom Coughlin next after he's retired...and has been out of football for a while! Only time will tell!

For the optimists out there that were everywhere in the preseason voicing their optimism and denouncing my negativity...Where the heck are you all now?? Hiding under a rock? I don't care if you voice your opinion now...but please tell me the details...as to why we should feel positive about this current team, and the direction that we are going as an organization...Where are you TRENT Edwards backers now? You 3-4 defenders???? There were many of you who ridiculed me..and I told you that I would let you know that I was on base with my pessimistic 5-11 prediction in the preseason...which actually looks quite good now considering where we are sitting. I'm here...please tell me how good we are...the coaching...the management...CJ Spiller being an immediate impact player...M. Lynch and how he was going to rebound...all that stuff...Where are you all?? I want to feel good about this team...please give me some reasons as I just don't have any right now! My kids went to a halloween party at the fieldhouse tonight..and they had Troup, Coleman, and someone else wearing a former players number..and someone else..My kids asked me if they were on the Bills because they never heard their names on the t.v. on gameday when we watch the games...I just kind of laughed and told them that most of them were rookies and haven't played much...My kids kind of didn't know these players were on the team...How pathetic of a draft class is that?? I'd trade our whole team for the hiring of Bill Polian, or the drafting of the Next Peyton Manning wouldn't you?????????????????

This isn't MLB, just a normal trade deadline. Doesn't really mean anything in the NFL, and even more so when they don't know what the future for next year holds. Besides, it might be a good thing that the Bills didn't do anything, Nix, Gailey and Co. have already screwed up everything that they have had any say in.

:lol:

Awesome. Love the satire.

Yawn, we are all sitting here 0-5 and dreaming of better days. But I keep saying, don't confuse activity with progress. They could have made a bunch of moves to appease the ranters, but in the big picture, they are following their plan. Build throught the draft and modest free agent additions (ala Dwan Edwards, etc) and get better. I've found some peace accepting that. My rant will come if they draft poorly. Draft another Maybin and I'll join the OP. Now let's use the rest of this year to see how the current draft picks and signee's by Nix and Chan play. I want to see Coleman and Moats, CJ, Wang, Urbik, Howard and the rest play. We are 0-5 with the vets, let's see what the kids can do. So my suggestion to the OP is either accept where we are or burn up a few layers of stomach lining in the weeks ahead.

How could such a lousy organization sit idle on a day where they could've picked up some draft picks

I think that one sentence speaks volumes. No team wants players from such a lousy organization. Really, the only players they have to offer up are McGee, Kelsay (DE), and Evans. They all make over $5M. No team wants to take on their salaries... unless they believe one of these players is clearly the difference in them going deep into the playoffs or not. McGee is not a lockdown corner. Kelsay does not produce sacks. Evans can't do schitt without a QB to throw to him. The good QBs around the league have their receivers.... except maybe Rivers.... and SD & BUFF are unlikely trade partners.

It also speaks volumes that only one minor trade was made yesterday between KC and TB. The teams aren't motivated. The compensation for what they give up is sub par. They are standing pat.

The trade deadline is too early in the year. The trade deadlines for other sports are later in the year when teams can offcially give up on their season. WRT the Bills, if they traded someone and got a bag of pucks back you would complain. They are in a no win sitch.

Edited by Hirly5

The trade deadline is too early in the year. The trade deadlines for other sports are later in the year when teams can offcially give up on their season. WRT the Bills, if they traded someone and got a bag of pucks back you would complain. They are in a no win sitch.

Maybe they should do that, then trade the bag of pucks to the Sabres for Lalime. He can't stop anything, he'd fit right in on this defense.

Edited by Chandemonium

There is no way you would have gotten a third rounder for any of those guys, Evans included. So you want to just give them away and hope that whoever we draft in the fourth or fifth or sixth round performs better? Granted, this team is bad, really bad. But you don't just give away your best players just so you can say you did something. And as for being an optimist, I was one that hoped for the best. That is what fans do. They root for their team to succeed. That is the way I live my life. I always wake up and decide that I will have a good day. Noone has the power to take that away from me except me. I too am frustrated by the Bills because I want them to succeed. If it makes you feel better to spout doom and gloom, then go for it brother. It just doesn't work for me.

My kids went to a halloween party at the fieldhouse tonight..and they had Troup, Coleman, and someone else wearing a former players number..and someone else..My kids asked me if they were on the Bills because they never heard their names on the t.v. on gameday when we watch the games...I just kind of laughed and told them that most of them were rookies and haven't played much...My kids kind of didn't know these players were on the team...How pathetic of a draft class is that??

Do your kids know the rookies on any team? Do your kids even know who all 22 starters are? What a meaningless stupid point..

I think that one sentence speaks volumes. No team wants players from such a lousy organization. Really, the only players they have to offer up are McGee, Kelsay (DE), and Evans. They all make over $5M. No team wants to take on their salaries... unless they believe one of these players is clearly the difference in them going deep into the playoffs or not. McGee is not a lockdown corner. Kelsay does not produce sacks. Evans can't do schitt without a QB to throw to him. The good QBs around the league have their receivers.... except maybe Rivers.... and SD & BUFF are unlikely trade partners.

It also speaks volumes that only one minor trade was made yesterday between KC and TB. The teams aren't motivated. The compensation for what they give up is sub par. They are standing pat.

Please share what you're smoking.. No team would offer anything for Kelsey even if his salary was under $5 mil. Not only does Kelsey not produce sacks, he doesn't produce pressure, or tackles either.

Yeah, sad to see them not make a move, but at the same time, it's alot harder to trade in the NFL. Not so sure about the guys in the front office are trying to do either. We don't know what they're asking for in return.