NFL Trade Deadline!

Did you happen to notice that there wasn't a single trade in the entire NFL at the deadline? It may be justifiably more crucial for the Bills to make moves than other teams but there still need to be willing trade partners. It appears likely there were none.

Yes, I did realize that...I just figured it wasn't necessary to state the obvious. Look, the Bills lack in quality players overall, but they do have a few players that could help some teams now, that are borderline playoff teams. Lee Evans, Fred Jackson may be two of those players that could make a difference. If the deal is very fair, I'm sure teams would've strongly considered a trade for picks. Possibly that happened, but usually interest is reported in the media in advance, so I'm inclined to think that nobody was on the trading block to begin with.

Also, not every team is in Buffalo's positon now! St. Louis is improved..they have their future QB, Detroit is improved and have several young players that have excellent potential, etc...Carolina and Cleveland may be the only other teams that is in such dire straits at the moment.

I agree that there quite possibly wasn't any interest in any of our players, and that doesn't say much for the quality of our entire roster including Lee Evans, Fred Jackson, Marcus Stroud or whomever included. I think the frustration is showing from fans who have been optimistic, and also fans that feel they are realist and have leaned heavily on negative opinion of the Bills like myself! I am guilty of that, but to some degree feel justified based on our past and current history.

There is nothing more than I want football related than the Bills heading in a positive direction, but overall I just don't feel great and have few expectations. Even in the upcoming draft..the so-called experts have done nothing in the past to make me feel comfortable that they would make the right selection even if they had the very first pick in the draft! The Bills organization seems to differ with popular opinion on the general consensus on player evaluation, and I think it is more likely they'll select the next Ryan Leaf if facing the prospect of deciding between two QB's in the draft!

:bag:

This isn't MLB, just a normal trade deadline. Doesn't really mean anything in the NFL, and even more so when they don't know what the future for next year holds. Besides, it might be a good thing that the Bills didn't do anything, Nix, Gailey and Co. have already screwed up everything that they have had any say in.

lol...your probably right..and I agree about Nix/Gailey co. and the rest of the good ole boys like Tom Modrak etc...screwing up everything! Great point! Probably enough damage done for year 1 under Gailey!

A troll truly committed to the cause. Refreshing.

Thanks Big Cat (I think..lol) This team just annoys the heck out of me! I love being a Buffalo Bills fan, but really wish someone would push the fast forward button on my time machine!!!! :thumbsup: