Ryan Mallet

JPicc2114

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he is great, with the exception of having terrible legs. He can't get out of pressure and he isn't mobile at all. The guy needs an awesome oline. Like others have said, he looks like a bledsoe type.

I have no problem with Locker or Luck.... though if we take locker, I think a 2nd round would be more fair, though he probably wouldn't last that long. I am liking luck more and more each week. After seeing years of Trent looking scared on the field, then seeing this guy make a huge hit on an opposing player.... man, that is one player that won't be scared. I would love to have him as our QB.

I think he is great, with the exception of having terrible legs. He can't get out of pressure and he isn't mobile at all. The guy needs an awesome oline. Like others have said, he looks like a bledsoe type.

I have no problem with Locker or Luck.... though if we take locker, I think a 2nd round would be more fair, though he probably wouldn't last that long. I am liking luck more and more each week. After seeing years of Trent looking scared on the field, then seeing this guy make a huge hit on an opposing player.... man, that is one player that won't be scared. I would love to have him as our QB.

I wasn't impressed with Mallet's failure against Alabama. Top 3 QB should be able to win the big game. But, I'll warm up to him again if he does it in bowl game. Saw Locker play a bit against Oregon State. Had a lot of poise, good decision making, spread the ball around and threw it well. Good feel for the pocket especially because Washington's line didn't look very good. Seemed to get the ball out quickly but throwing motion seemed a bit odd. Overall impressed but it was only one game. Haven't watched Luck play yet.

Edited by GaryPinC

Actually, what you read was 'Ryan Mallett Likes His Balls Su- '...oh, never mind.

If anyone would know it'd be his biggest fan!

I kid, I kid! Mallett's alright, but the opinions on him are so extreme.

look i dont like or want locker but to say second round is flat out stupid. the kid will probably go top 10 @ worst 15.

now luck is a #1 lock.i dont know what your problem is with mallet but i would love him in a bills uniform. he reminds me of a bigger better stronger armed and more accurate flacco.

Actually, what you read was 'Ryan Mallett Likes His Balls Su- '...oh, never mind.

Mallett's 2009 National Performer of the Year Trophy

I knew the Senator couldnt resist. That award is based on metrics only and has only been given once making Mallett the only recipient. Not the best argument in his support i suppose.

Dont get me wrong not arguing against him, although he backup looked just as good.

I knew the Senator couldnt resist. That award is based on metrics only and has only been given once making Mallett the only recipient. Not the best argument in his support i suppose.

Dont get me wrong not arguing against him, although he backup looked just as good.

Well, it's pretty obvious that the OP (and maybe even a couple blokes who 'bumped' the thread) wanted a response from me - and you know how I hate to disappoint! B-)

Anyway, yeah your right - Mallett's backup looked fantastic. Tyler Wilson is also a red-shirt sophomore who's thrown the ball 95 times in 8 games - 4 of them losses. (That just needs to be said that before some TSW idiot shouts, "Git 'er done Buddy!" based on the 40 minutes Wilson was the Razorbacks' QB last Saturday. :rolleyes: )

BTW, the award - which I've never heard of - had nothing to do with the foto selection; I was just looking for one with some attractive quim. I could just have easily just posted the one of Mallett and Erin Andrews...

post-2970-097290100 1287437723_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Senator

Well, it's pretty obvious that the OP (and maybe even a couple blokes who 'bumped' the thread) wanted a response from me - and you know how I hate to disappoint! B-)

Seriously? If I print out this thread will you sign it for me?

look i dont like or want locker but to say second round is flat out stupid. the kid will probably go top 10 @ worst 15.

now luck is a #1 lock.i dont know what your problem is with mallet but i would love him in a bills uniform. he reminds me of a bigger better stronger armed and more accurate flacco.

I think you give McShay too much credit. Locker really has little business in the 1st round at all. You could say the same thing about Maybin and I guess it does only take one team, but if he goes before our second I will be very suprised.

Realistically I thinka 3rd or 4th is a good round for Locker, and thats going on potential alone. If he didnt run a *reported* 4.4 I wouldnt even bother drafting him. He is like Jevon Snead but fast.

Edited by Thoner7

Oh no! He reminds me of a 4-time Pro Bowler and is a debatable Hall of Fame QB. No, I don't think he'll make the Hall of Fame, but a quick Google search for drew bledsoe hall of famer tells me that it is at least a conversation.

That sounds terrible, DO NOT WANT.

Oh no! He reminds me of a 4-time Pro Bowler and is a debatable Hall of Fame QB. No, I don't think he'll make the Hall of Fame, but a quick Google search for drew bledsoe hall of famer tells me that it is at least a conversation.

LOL! I'm with you. What many Bills fans saw of Bledsoe was after an injury that almost killed him, and he was still 100x better than all of the Bills QBs after him combined.

Mallett has SO much talent it is hard to believe. Coach Saban said he make about 4 throws a game that nobody else can make. Losman had a great arm, but it is a pop gun compared to this kid.

The last player I wanted the Bills to draft this much was Bryant McKinnie. I hope we don't make a similar mistake if Mallett is available.

LOL! I'm with you. What many Bills fans saw of Bledsoe was after an injury that almost killed him, and he was still 100x better than all of the Bills QBs after him combined.

Mallett has SO much talent it is hard to believe. Coach Saban said he make about 4 throws a game that nobody else can make. Losman had a great arm, but it is a pop gun compared to this kid.

The last player I wanted the Bills to draft this much was Bryant McKinnie. I hope we don't make a similar mistake if Mallett is available.

If the Bills had a choice betwee Luck or Mallett I would favor Luck. Without a doubt Mallet is the stronger armed qb. Luck is the more accurate medium range passer and in my view is better at making reads. If Luck stays in school and Mallet is available I would have no qualms with taking Mallett. Any way you look at it the Bills need to get a franchise qb on their roster next year and give the fans some hope.

Edited by JohnC

Anyway, yeah your right - Mallett's backup looked fantastic. Tyler Wilson is also a red-shirt sophomore who's thrown the ball 95 times in 8 games - 4 of them losses. (That just needs to be said that before some TSW idiot shouts, "Git 'er done Buddy!" based on the 40 minutes Wilson was the Razorbacks' QB last Saturday. :rolleyes: )

BTW, the award - which I've never heard of - had nothing to do with the foto selection; I was just looking for one with some attractive quim. I could just have easily just posted the one of Mallett and Erin Andrews...

Haha well played. Wasnt sure where you were goin gwith it.

Cant base it off of 40 mins that true.

But it seems the board is now divided between luck and mallett, with locker no longer really a fan consideration. Interesting.

What happens to the luck fans if he stays. Do they become "Senator-ites" and jump on Mallett train?

my point exactly