Lynch starting for Seahawks...

Dan

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I wasn't so bitter about the compensation in that trade. You'd think I had some stock personally invested in the Bills. Announcer: "Seattle was aggressive, they called the Bills about 16 times saying, 'let's make a deal, let's make a deal' and they finally were able to work something out." I repeat, if they can give up a 3rd for Charlie Whitehurst, some guy no one even heard of, then they'd at least have to give up a 2nd if I were GM. If not a 2nd, then a 4th next year and a 3rd the year after that. NO excuse to make a deal for a 4th and a conditional 6th the following year. I wish we had Donahoe in the office for that deal..

I wish I wasn't so bitter about the compensation in that trade. You'd think I had some stock personally invested in the Bills. Announcer: "Seattle was aggressive, they called the Bills about 16 times saying, 'let's make a deal, let's make a deal' and they finally were able to work something out." I repeat, if they can give up a 3rd for Charlie Whitehurst, some guy no one even heard of, then they'd at least have to give up a 2nd if I were GM. If not a 2nd, then a 4th next year and a 3rd the year after that. NO excuse to make a deal for a 4th and a conditional 6th the following year. I wish we had Donahoe in the office for that deal..

This has been mentioned several times, but it bears repeating: Lynch was (and is) ONE strike away from a FULL SEASON suspension. Seattle is taking a risk, thus Lynch's trade value was a bit diminished under those circumstances.

Agreed. Seattle got what is likely to become a multiple year 1,000 yard back. We got what we'll be lucky to have become a situational backup.

Lynch definitely was my favorite so I for one hated the trade, but what as of late don't I hate about this team.. But I wish him the best, and I see this "one mistake away from being suspended the entire season" thing a lot, the guy stayed clear of trouble for the most part this short season. It may be bad now seeing as tho he back in the West coast closer to his family.. We shall see.

This has been mentioned several times, but it bears repeating: Lynch was (and is) ONE strike away from a FULL SEASON suspension. Seattle is taking a risk, thus Lynch's trade value was a bit diminished under those circumstances.

Not if the offense warrants a full year suspension. Goodell runs the NFL like a military, but he has a good sense of punishment fitting the crime. Lynch wouldn't get a guaranteed full year suspension in any and every offense. Also, the key in this entire thing, is that Seattle aggressively pursued Lynch. If trades were poker, they basically showed their hand. We want this player. We need this player. Can we have him please?! A GM like Donahoe would've gotten more out of Lynch, Nix was just content to move him. I don't know if I believe the reports that other teams were willing to offer more, but the trade was made too hastily.

Lynch definitely was my favorite so I for one hated the trade, but what as of late don't I hate about this team.. But I wish him the best, and I see this "one mistake away from being suspended the entire season" thing a lot, the guy stayed clear of trouble for the most part this short season. It may be bad now seeing as tho he back in the West coast closer to his family.. We shall see.

I agree that Lynch has stayed clear of trouble and probably has smartened up. However, you just KNOW that Seattle was constantly throwing that up in Buddy's face during negotiations -- "You know, Buddy, we are taking a HUGE risk on Lynch -- one strike and he's gone for the whole year". So, while Lynch may never get in trouble again, the fact is that his past situation factored into negotiations. That said, Buffalo perhaps could have held out a week or two longer -- up until the trade deadline -- to see if Seattle or another team became desperate enough to sweeten the deal. It's a tough situation. Nix just didn't have the leverage he may have had otherwise.

Unfortunately I'm seeing Giants/Lions against a Pats/Ravens. So where are you guys catching Seattle, I'm in Buffalo.

Boo hoo...our Fox affiliate is showing Bucs/Saints, while CBS has Texans/Chiefs...I am on ATDHE.NET, switching between Bears/Seahawks and Pats/Ravens

exactly. damaged goods. otherwise he is probably a top ten back.