Classic Buffalo Bills on NFL Primetime

Enjoy

youtube.com/watch?v=OGYhsX_zH6U

Thanks for the great post! Just think we "The fans" really kind of forced Ralph to ask Kelly to retire following 1996 ugh. We forced Joe Ferguson out in 1984 too. Kelly and Ferguson both could have played through their slumps and still been good QB's for longer. Look what we brought apon ourselves. God we thought Collins we be better than a declining Jimbo we were freakin crazy.

Thanks for the great post! Just think we "The fans" really kind of forced Ralph to ask Kelly to retire following 1996 ugh. We forced Joe Ferguson out in 1984 too. Kelly and Ferguson both could have played through their slumps and still been good QB's for longer. Look what we brought apon ourselves. God we thought Collins we be better than a declining Jimbo we were freakin crazy.

Y'know, I think Jim was right to retire for his own sake and his family. Too many concussions, not enough pieces left around him.

Just my opinion and others can and will disagree, I think "Die Hard" is right.

The issue isn't who we have at QB, the issue is having tough, physical, fierce competitors around him who love the game of football and love the sound of making good hit so much they'll work like dogs to better their chance of making it. Or who don't care if they take five hits provided they make the play and will work like crazy to better their chances of making the play.

Enjoy

youtube.com/watch?v=OGYhsX_zH6U

Awesome! Thanks! That was the last game I went to, where Jim Kelly was still playing QB. Great day, great game. Jimbo was taking lots of crap in the press, and he just wanted to go back to the no huddle, coaches thought otherwise. Derrick Holmes was unbelievable that game. Gosh, that seems like a lifetime ago...

If we had Ted washington and Chris Speilman on our superbowl teams we win a couple. I remember the last game against dallas and they just ran up the gut all day long on us. There wouldn't have been a NYG RB running all over us in superbowl 25 or a missed tackle on 3rd and long in that game either!

Kelly wasn't in a 'slump', he was done after a very punishing 13 years in pro football. With the team in transition, it was the right time to go. It wouldn't have done any good to try to squeeze a mediocre year or two out of him.