Ralph and Polian

Bob in STL

I'm trying to not relive all this. It's just frustrating because it's been so long since we were any good. Both Bills and Sabres blow and I now live in the Philly area. Eagles won today, Flyers will contend again and the Phillies play game 2 of the NLCS. I haven't enjoyed sports in so long I'm might have to spend more time with my wife!!

Last week,I came in from outside and turned the game on. It was a wonderful fall weather day. After a few series I shut the TV off and went outside. I enjoyed myself and had no interest in watching the Bills. I won't even bother with the Bills/Ravens game. The Ravens lost a tough game against the Pats so they shouldn't be looking past the laughable Bills.

Currently, I have DirecTV and the NFL package. I debated whether to get it this year. I got it. I regret wasting my money on a garbage team. Whether there is a lockout or not next year I won't be getting the NFL package.

When I watch other teams play I marvel at how entertaining the games can be. Plays are being made within the flow of a game. With the Bills it is like watching a Pop Warner game. They are excruciating to watch.

I have been a life long avid fan of the team. After nearly a generation of ineptitude I find that I can do without them or at the minimal do with less of them.

Look not further than the Front Office Page on the Bills website to get a sense of the pecking order:

Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. President

Jeffrey C. Littmann Treasurer

Russ Brandon Chief Executive Officer

Buddy Nix General Manager

Marc Honan Senior Vice President of Marketing and Broadcasting

Jim Overdorf Senior Vice President of Football Administration

Bruce Popko Senior Vice President of Business Development

David Wheat Senior Vice President of Business Operations

Joe Frandina Vice President of Stadium Operations

Gretchen Geitter Vice President of Community Relations

Bill Munson Vice President of Government Relations and External Affairs

Mary Owen Vice President of Strategic Planning

Frank Wojnicki Controller

Christy Wilson Hofmann Consultant

Toni Addeo Admin. Asst. (Chief Executive Officer/General Manager)

Kristy Boncal Admin Asst. (Sr. VP of Marketing and Broadcasting)

Mary Piwowarczyk Admin Asst. (VP of Government Relations and External Affairs)

Celinda Santiago Mathews Admin Asst. (Sr. VP of Business Operations)

Gail Zielinski Admin. Asst. (Sr. VP of Football Admin.)

http://www.buffalobills.com/about-us/front-office.html

I have said this before and I will say it agin - Jeff Littman should be set on fire.

Here is why Polian was fired - the specific incident. There was a meeting with Ralph, his daughter, Polian and some others going over money matters. One of the topics was an injury settlement for Jamie Mueller - it was $300,000 for his neck injury. Ralph, et al, did not want to pay and Polian made the point that if the Bills contested it - they would have a tough time attracting FA's - that and Mueller was simply and correctly due the money. The conversation escalated to the point where BP uttered the "C" word in reference to Ralph's daughter - and at that point is was over for both sides. Ralph didn't want BP and BP didn't want to work for a place that would stiff its employees.

History shows who was correct.

Guest dog14787

Look not further than the Front Office Page on the Bills website to get a sense of the pecking order:

I have said this before and I will say it agin - Jeff Littman should be set on fire.

Russ Brandon also needs to be kicked to the curb in my opinion, but as long as the head honcho(RW)remains at the top of the list and continues to meddle in team management/operations nothing will ever change.

Edited by dog14787

Jeff Littman is doing exactly what the owner wants him to do. Littman not only has advised him regarding the football business but Ralph has placed a lot of trust in him with his other businesses before selling them off.

I would love to get a hold the e-mails of most of the people on that list.

Also when you takes sides with an accountant over operational people you are a miser. You have to spend money to make money.

There are maybe 500 football people in the world, of which 10 might be great at it. And he picks the accountant of which there might be 10000 that are great. Nah couldnt find a replacement for the accountnant position.

Edited by qwksilver

Ralph Wilson fired Bill Polian!

Dumb Ass he was for doing it too!

Last week,I came in from outside and turned the game on. It was a wonderful fall weather day. After a few series I shut the TV off and went outside. I enjoyed myself and had no interest in watching the Bills. I won't even bother with the Bills/Ravens game. The Ravens lost a tough game against the Pats so they shouldn't be looking past the laughable Bills.

Currently, I have DirecTV and the NFL package. I debated whether to get it this year. I got it. I regret wasting my money on a garbage team. Whether there is a lockout or not next year I won't be getting the NFL package.

When I watch other teams play I marvel at how entertaining the games can be. Plays are being made within the flow of a game. With the Bills it is like watching a Pop Warner game. They are excruciating to watch.

I have been a life long avid fan of the team. After nearly a generation of ineptitude I find that I can do without them or at the minimal do with less of them.

now that you have seen the light - why not get the NFL package and watch real football all season long

You can skip right over the Bills games - and avoid the aggravation.

Here is why Polian was fired - the specific incident. There was a meeting with Ralph, his daughter, Polian and some others going over money matters. One of the topics was an injury settlement for Jamie Mueller - it was $300,000 for his neck injury. Ralph, et al, did not want to pay and Polian made the point that if the Bills contested it - they would have a tough time attracting FA's - that and Mueller was simply and correctly due the money. The conversation escalated to the point where BP uttered the "C" word in reference to Ralph's daughter - and at that point is was over for both sides. Ralph didn't want BP and BP didn't want to work for a place that would stiff its employees.

History shows who was correct.

I heard about the Mueller incident. First I heard of Wilson's daughter and the "C" word.

It just gets better all the time.

now that you have seen the light - why not get the NFL package and watch real football all season long

You can skip right over the Bills games - and avoid the aggravation.

I have thought about that. The truth of the matter is that the long standing mediocrity of the Bills has soured my enthusiasm for the NFL in general. In the metro DC area there are plenty of NFL game options on regular TV to satisfy me.

The fall is a wonderful time of the year. Getting outside seems to be a better option than being a couch potato. Don't get me wrong I'm still a Bills fan. But without a doubt I'm less invested in this miserable team and operation.

What would dramatically elevate my enthusiasm for the hometown team is a change in ownership. Even if the team was bad at least with a change in ownership and regime there would be some hope.

I heard about the Mueller incident. First I heard of Wilson's daughter and the "C" word.

It just gets better all the time.

The fans here deserve better then Ralph Wilson as an owner, I suppose the reason why they keep buying season tickets and going to games is the Buffalo Bills ....

Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. President

Jeffrey C. Littmann Treasurer

Russ Brandon Chief Executive Officer

Buddy Nix General Manager

Marc Honan Senior Vice President of Marketing and Broadcasting

Jim Overdorf Senior Vice President of Football Administration

Bruce Popko Senior Vice President of Business Development

David Wheat Senior Vice President of Business Operations

Boy, that's one murderers row of football people there. Watch out NE, IND, PIT, NO, et al. These guys are good, scary good...at squeezing a few more dollars out of the fan base. I see one actual football person, a capologist who cuts people without telling the coaches, and 5 money men plus RW.

Sure, it's a business masquerading as a sport, but I can see Buddy being low man on the totem pole here.

Edited by BillsVet