Remember Sacks?

1B4IDie

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a "view source" on the page and here is the poster's intended link: youtube.com/watch?v=inKtdfodCak

I also have to agree with this poster. Unless there is a Jim Kelly type of talent out there (and I just don't know honestly -- maybe there is), I'd rather see the lines get beefed up.

Are you kidding me !?! On that first play he tackles the guy ten yards downfield! He must suck!

I can't remember the last time I cheered a sack on a meaningful play.

Yup. But we knew this was coming, or those not blinded by Schobel-hate did. Remember how few sacks we had in 2008, the year Schobel missed? We were tied for 28th in the league with 24 sacks. Then the next year, with Schobel's return being the only major change in the front seven, we leapt up to 18th with 32 sacks. Schobel made everybody around him better.

And we haven't picked up anybody to replace those sacks, unless Moats or Coleman prove solid down the line at some point.

Edited by Thurman#1

This guy should be our 1st round pick then draft a QB in the top of the second.

Assuming you were trying to show us Cameron Heyward, no thanks.

A 288 pound DL?

Couldn't be a nose tackle, too small, so at best he'd be a DE and 3 - 4 DEs aren't in danger of providing a lot of sacks. Their primary responsibilities on pass plays is to contain and push the pocket.

If we want a pass rusher, we would need to draft an ROLB who can maybe play LOLB if Maybin (and yeah, I know this looks less likely as time passes) eventually turns into something. I like him as a player, but in the pros, Heyward will essentially be a 4 - 3 DL, whether he plays DE or a DT playing #3 technique.

Assuming you were trying to show us Cameron Heyward, no thanks.

A 288 pound DL?

Couldn't be a nose tackle, too small, so at best he'd be a DE and 3 - 4 DEs aren't in danger of providing a lot of sacks. Their primary responsibilities on pass plays is to contain and push the pocket.

If we want a pass rusher, we would need to draft an ROLB who can maybe play LOLB if Maybin (and yeah, I know this looks less likely as time passes) eventually turns into something. I like him as a player, but in the pros, Heyward will essentially be a 4 - 3 DL, whether he plays DE or a DT playing #3 technique.

Ahhh, Bruce Smith played a DE in the 3-4 and is the NFL's leading sacker. So get your facts straight buddy. It doesnt matter where you play but how you play.

my lord, that seems a lifetime ago. we'll almost certainly never see his like again. number 31 my arse! top ten.

Amazing, wasn't it? I had to replay some of those moves. "I got you blocked I got you blocked (*thiwp* WHUMP!) Oh - I don't"

I think if the Bills had won at least one superbowl, the ranking would have been higher. but maybe that's just me

It must make it hard on our OL not to have anyone with "the moves" to practice against.

Those kind of sacks! Now I remember!!!!

Thanks for that! That's good medicine, better than a cup of coffee.

He made the whole NFL look like our current O-line. My favorite clip there was when he destroyed Marino!

kj

Ahhh, Bruce Smith played a DE in the 3-4 and is the NFL's leading sacker. So get your facts straight buddy. It doesnt matter where you play but how you play.

Bruce Smith was a complete freak, the exception that proved the rule. So if I'm so wrong, name me another two 3 - 4 DEs who are famous sack artists. I'll be waiting ...

... a very long time. It matters a lot where you play. So again, two other 3 - 4 DE sack artists ...

I can't remember the last time I cheered a sack on a meaningful play.

And, to think I thought this post was telling us to bring our brown bags to wear at the next home game.

When you have a weak linebacking corps (actually no linebackers ... I tell you what I would rather see Keith Ellison in there than what we have) and your DE's are not giving you anything then sacks become mythical fantasies.

We know where we are right now ... I say put Carrington in at one of the DE spots and let him learn by making mistakes but taking that college fire and saying 'kid - bring some excitement to this team!' And, then throw in Coleman and Moats at LB ... at least Moats wants to put his nose into people at the line rather than chasing them down like Poz does.

Edited by shoretalk