Remember Sacks?

1B4IDie

Punch & Thurman I usually am not astounded by what to many people on the chat board say but you have really made me think about this idea and now I have to admit that Bruce was even more dominant than I gave him credit for. I always thought Bruce was a terd as an individual and I have several reasons why but as a player he was no doubt a beast. To go off what you wrote about Deacon Jones and him playing 14 games. OJ Simpson never gets credit for running 2,000 yards in 14 games which I think is remarkable. They just put him in the catagory of the 2,000 runners, but try doing it 14 games. When the NFL goes to an 18 game season it's really going to screw the record books up.

Thanks, dude--- just doing some quick math, Deacon Jones would very possibly be the unofficial all-time sack leader if he played in an era of 16 game schedules. Though, it would've been extremely close (maybe fewer than 10 ahead of Bruce at best--- not to mention, Bruce might've hung on for another year just to break it).

An 18 game schedule would really obliterate the stat books. Stats are already artificially inflated for various reasons, and even if more situational players are utilized to keep starters fresh and lengthen their careers, sooner rather than later, the 4,000 yard passer will be the norm and 1,000 yard rushers will mean virtually nothing.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic