O-line breakdown from Sundays game

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/10/12/1745685/bills-vs-jaguars-notes-from-the-o-line-week-5

The article has a great breakdown of the O-lines stats on run and pass plays. Sounds like Fitz does better on blitz pick ups when Green is not on the field. I sure hope the author is right and Green is the next Bills player that gets the boot.

That drive-kill statistic is all I need to know about Cornell Green. I'd rather take my chances with Howard until he starts killing drives too.

I love the in-depth analysis of line play. You don't see that anywhere too often.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/10/12/1745685/bills-vs-jaguars-notes-from-the-o-line-week-5

The article has a great breakdown of the O-lines stats on run and pass plays. Sounds like Fitz does better on blitz pick ups when Green is not on the field. I sure hope the author is right and Green is the next Bills player that gets the boot.

good breakdown. STill i think its tough to grade OL when the reviewer doesnt know the schemes and assignments. What looks like a blown block might actually be the OL letting him go so RB can pick up etc etc.

Pretty thorough job.

They do that feature weekly :thumbsup: it is a good site for fan analysis. They are very knowledgeable. Brain does a good job IMO. They won't drop Green tho unless they pick up some one else and I would guess they are looking. My guess is McCargo (being a number 3 might go b4 green), we don't have the numbers we need at Oline to release him yet.

Edited by bowery4

I'm think this new regime had a plan all along....

They couldn't possibly be this inept or just plain galactic ly stupid to..... keep Trent Edwards and give him most of the reps all off season ( they did try and trade him in th off season) only to cut him after two weeks, perhaps to completely destroy his confidence and his career.

Go into last years draft stating that they would make the O line a priority and came out with only a 5th rounder at tackle, then signed Cornell Green as a FA RT... yea Green is a FART or worth about as much as one! :lol:

Suddenly RW comes out after a 5th loss and states the team will pick a QB #1 this next draft, I'm thinking they purposely torpedoed this season to get the franchise QB next year.

P.S. seems like a great idea on paper, but it leave me thinking... can this staff properly evaluate NFL players or not?

That drive-kill statistic is all I need to know about Cornell Green. I'd rather take my chances with Howard until he starts killing drives too.

I love the in-depth analysis of line play. You don't see that anywhere too often.

And this is something we didn't know the moment we signed him? Wasn't Oakland ecstatic to get rid of him for this reason? I guess maybe we decided that if he were here somehow he would take some "not suck" pills and get better? Not that there weren't free agent (Adams), trade (Gaither, although later injured) or draft (Bulaga) options readily available.

If we had even serviceable tackles on either side, we'd be far better off. Bell may get there someday, but right now our tackles are just a liability more than anything.

P.S. seems like a great idea on paper, but it leave me thinking... can this staff properly evaluate NFL players or not?

Seems like a pretty fair question. Gailey said he is "searching for answers", yet on the defensive side of the ball there really isn't much of a mystery, is there? Jauron built a Tampa-2 defense to play like the Colts. They ran a very basic scheme with very few wrinkles. They had small, undersized players that had simple reads, and ran to the ball. The defense wasn't built to physically whip anyone.

The trouble with radically reversing the identity of the defense is that the offense sucked, and it wasn't just the coaching, though coaching certainly played a part. They are still short on that side of the ball as well. :bag:

I think there may have been hope that Green's presence on a Super Bowl winner would give him something to offer the team aside from his onfield performance. Lord knows his onfield performance has been atrocious and not worth keeping him on the roster.

The Bills are cutting players for a reason. The Lines SUCK both of them.

Would you prefer the Juaron / Gregggggg Willaims meathod, of just moving them up and down the line? putting D backs in as line backers :wallbash:

I hate it as much as the rest to see the Bills the kings of suckiness. BUT I can see these cuts are an attempt to CHANGE things up.

Or do people love to complain no matter what. :bag:

I think there may have been hope that Green's presence on a Super Bowl winner would give him something to offer the team aside from his onfield performance. Lord knows his onfield performance has been atrocious and not worth keeping him on the roster.

True, but it makes no sense to cut him. Bench him? Yes. But after the fiasco injury riddled line of last year, why not keep him around for the rest of the season to back up whoever they put in there.

The Bills are cutting players for a reason. The Lines SUCK both of them.

Would you prefer the Juaron / Gregggggg Willaims meathod, of just moving them up and down the line? putting D backs in as line backers :wallbash:

I hate it as much as the rest to see the Bills the kings of suckiness. BUT I can see these cuts are an attempt to CHANGE things up.

Or do people love to complain no matter what. :bag:

Who's complaining about crappy players getting cut? In the offseason, I expect to see a lot of crappy players get cut from this team.

He was a rookie on that Bucs team and that was a long time ago.

Go into last years draft stating that they would make the O line a priority and came out with only a 5th rounder at tackle, then signed Cornell Green as a FA RT... yea Green is a FART or worth about as much as one! :lol:

Im sorry, but I can not stand fans who can't read the entire quote from buddy nix when he said the o-line was a top priority. YES, he said that, but in that same quote if you read on further he said "that help was just not there." Meaning at that point in the draft there was no one there they graded was worth picking that could help the bills. And he is right, have you seen the OL drafted after the bills and what they have done. Please, Please, stop picking quotes and using them how you will, but leaving out the rest. If you don't believe me, go read the quote.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/9/9/1678761/bills-gm-nix-o-line-was-main

He was a rookie on that Bucs team and that was a long time ago.

Actually, he was in his 3rd pro year, and aside from appearing in all 16 games he made 3 starts on the O-line during the regular season, and also started briefly for the Bucs the following year.

I'm not defending him, far from it considering I said he has been atrocious--- but the fact that he was a participant on a Super Bowl winning team is the point I was making in regards to his potential lockerrom attitude and experience. Nix has expressed that experience and leadership is valuable to a young team even when those players are not necessarily considered to be "great talents". And why would it matter when it happened?

I didn't think it was that difficult to see the point.

Actually, he was in his 3rd pro year, and aside from appearing in all 16 games he made 3 starts on the O-line during the regular season, and also started briefly for the Bucs the following year.

I'm not defending him, far from it considering I said he has been atrocious--- but the fact that he was a participant on a Super Bowl winning team is the point I was making in regards to his potential lockerrom attitude and experience. Nix has expressed that experience and leadership is valuable to a young team even when those players are not necessarily considered to be "great talents". And why would it matter when it happened?

I didn't think it was that difficult to see the point.

You're right, it was his 3rd season and first with the Bucs. (The years with the Jets weren't on the first page I called up.)

You have no point whatsoever. It's not hard to understand at all. He was a spot player on a team that won a Super Bowl for the 2002 season, which is ancient history for most of the players on the roster. Your point is as relevant as saying Morris Unutoa would be a leader in the locker room. What sort of franchise relies on the "leadership" of their worst players? What sort of players follow the team !@#$-up as their leader and model of excellence?