What if Fitz gets hurt?

I'm concerned.

It's week 5 and already the season looks extremely bleak. That's with a QB who's certainly not a star, but has proven to be serviceable in the NFL. Should Fitz go down this week, and it's entirely within the realm of possibility considering both his past and his protection, we could be in seriously dire straits.

Brian Brohm, Levi Brown

I know there are a lot of posters in this forum calling for Brohm to get some serious looks sooner rather than later. I don't disagree. But I also think that, from the glimpses we have seen of Brohm's play, he's a serious downgrade from Fitzpatrick.

So, what if?

If we're forced to place this team in the hands of Brohm or ...gulp... Brown, what's to stop the opposition from putting 8-9 in the box on every single play? Instead of betting on the game, people would be compelled to bet on the over/under of Buffalo's score, and I can't imagine it would be a double digit number. I'm scared. I will watch whatever the Bills run out onto the field (won't spend much money if it's crap), but I'll watch. I'm worried that a Brian Brohm led team could grow so inept that I couldn't justify spending the time watching.

Worst ever?

In the line of QB's post-Kelly, I'd say with each successive successor, we're going downhill. Johnson, Flutie, Bledsoe were all dynamic winners at times - if nothing else, they were certainly average. AVP was a stop-gap, JP could at the very least keep my attention with the occasional beautifully thrown deep ball. Trent - Fitz - Brohm, could be a step down each time.

I'm nervous guys. Let's hope Fitzy stays healthy. For our sake.

Go Bills!

I'm concerned.

It's week 5 and already the season looks extremely bleak. That's with a QB who's certainly not a star, but has proven to be serviceable in the NFL. Should Fitz go down this week, and it's entirely within the realm of possibility considering both his past and his protection, we could be in seriously dire straits.

Brian Brohm, Levi Brown

I know there are a lot of posters in this forum calling for Brohm to get some serious looks sooner rather than later. I don't disagree. But I also think that, from the glimpses we have seen of Brohm's play, he's a serious downgrade from Fitzpatrick.

So, what if?

If we're forced to place this team in the hands of Brohm or ...gulp... Brown, what's to stop the opposition from putting 8-9 in the box on every single play? Instead of betting on the game, people would be compelled to bet on the over/under of Buffalo's score, and I can't imagine it would be a double digit number. I'm scared. I will watch whatever the Bills run out onto the field (won't spend much money if it's crap), but I'll watch. I'm worried that a Brian Brohm led team could grow so inept that I couldn't justify spending the time watching.

Worst ever?

In the line of QB's post-Kelly, I'd say with each successive successor, we're going downhill. Johnson, Flutie, Bledsoe were all dynamic winners at times - if nothing else, they were certainly average. AVP was a stop-gap, JP could at the very least keep my attention with the occasional beautifully thrown deep ball. Trent - Fitz - Brohm, could be a step down each time.

Go Bills!

We are 0-4 with one of the worst rosters in team history and you're nervous about our QB getting hurt? As Dog said, what's the worst that could happen?

I'm concerned.

Seriously, you don't think we're already there? For real?

Fitz needs to learn how to slide and stop taking on LBs and DBs on those runs.

F that. That's what separates Fitz from Sallys like Trent Edwards. Fitz has balls and doesn't play scared. It shows his toughness and I hope it rubs off on some of his teammates.

F that. That's what separates Fitz from Sallys like Trent Edwards. Fitz has balls and doesn't play scared. It shows his toughness and I hope it rubs off on some of his teammates.

Spoken like a true redneck

Edited by marsadale

+1

Call us rednecks if you will, but this is football.

FOOTBALL.

Fitz gets hurt we get a nice long look at brohm. They probably shoud take a long look at him anyway , as much as I have liked what Ryan has done the last two weeks, the Bills owe it to themselves to get Brohm into a decent amount of games to make some kind of an evaluation on him.

Then Brohm will play and suck and his fanboys will finally have to STFU.

There's always a silver lining.

weather Brohm will suck or not I do not know, but they need to get him in there so they can properly evalute him.

Edited by bkc

I'm concerned.

Brian Brohm, Levi Brown

So, what if?

Worst ever?

Go Bills!

The bills are 0-4, I dont think it could be much worse than it already is, the first 2 games did suck watching, and Fitz makes it a little less painfull to watch, but we still are not a good team right now, so that is the least of my worries, at least if he gets hurt and the other 2 get to play it will shut up the people about putting practice squad players to give them a shot, cuz they will get it then. So we will know what else we have, and when they are practice squad....well that should answer your question.

If Fitz gets hurt, his backup will play. That's the only thing that happens. Brohm might be awful. If he is, our offense will get worse and we'll score fewer points. This is what happens when any NFL starter gets hurt. However, other teams have to worry about winning games; we don't have that problem.

Was this actually a serious post? We COULD be in dire straits? Hahahahahaha!

I said we could be in "seriously dire straits." A quick comparison of the sentences would show that I did concede that we are already in dire straits. You took the time to post that. Really? I mean, really?

To respond to all else - I KNOW we suck now. My concern, as stated, is that we could go from really, really bad to really, really historically terrible. Remember, we've played against 4 quality teams (if the Dolphins are quality). We will know more this week.

We may not be as bad as we think, but as I mentioned, losing #14 certainly won't help matters.

I said we could be in "seriously dire straits." A quick comparison of the sentences would show that I did concede that we are already in dire straits. You took the time to post that. Really? I mean, really?

To respond to all else - I KNOW we suck now. My concern, as stated, is that we could go from really, really bad to really, really historically terrible. Remember, we've played against 4 quality teams (if the Dolphins are quality). We will know more this week.

We may not be as bad as we think, but as I mentioned, losing #14 certainly won't help matters.

This team has been 1-13, 2-12, 4-10, 2-14, 4-12...They can't get much worse.