Disappointed fans jump off the Bills bandwagon

Wah. Wah. Wah.

To begin with....we don't have a freaking bandwagon. You're either a fan...or you're not. Simple choice.

I choose to be a fan of the Buffalo Bills.

GO BILLS !! :thumbsup:

Yeah lol, what bandwagon? I'm a fan no matter what but honestly i dont hold it against fans that are done. They'll be back is we're ever respectable again...long before its sb time...only so much any man can take...3-4 hours of this a week is just not going to work for some peoole...i undwrstand that.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My parents have had season tickets since the AFL years.

For the first time ever they left the game before the final whistle last Sunday.

It may not mean much, they are just 2 people, but there are thousands like them who have spent tens of thousands over the years supporting this team.

I think it's true that the team is starting to lose fan support because of the horrendous product on the field for 10 years.

It's about time fans started hitting Ralph the pocket book. We have made him a rich man selling us crap disguised as something good.

At the slightest hint of progress, something to show we are heading in the right direction, the fans will be back in force.

RTB

Wah. Wah. Wah.

To begin with....we don't have a freaking bandwagon. You're either a fan...or you're not. Simple choice.

Exactly. Bandwagon is teams that are already winning and fans just choose to make the easy choice to root for that team. Therefor are considered untrue fans. What the heck does that have to do with Bills fans?

What we are missing is this is the first time we've had respected GM and head coach since the early 90's. I mean respected by guys who know what they are talking about not "Johnnie from Dunkirk". This isn't the same old bills the frustration is it takes a couple years. We've waited this long I can wait another year or two. They will get it corrected, but realize the talent level on this team is very low.

Good post, I agree.

The Saints had Y E A R S of mediocrity after Y E A R S of just plain 'sucking'

Wah. Wah. Wah.

Thanks for taking the high road. At times, we tend to all fall short when the team is losing. You're right, either you are a fan, or you are not. There is not middle ground.

You're either a fan or you're not. I'm 48 years old. I've been following this team since I was old enough to understand the game.

That includes the '84-'85 seasons. The difference between myself and some fans is that I can put things in perspective. It's entertainment, not a way of life.

:worthy: you silver tongued bastard! :thumbsup:

Been a fan since I can remember .. since I was born in 1958 that goes back to about 63-64 for me. I am never going to jump off "the bandwagon" but I deserve the right to vent a little bit.

There are three constants for the Buffalo Bills since inception:

1. Ralph Wilson

2. Die hard fans

3. Loyalty

Ralph has always been loyal to those percieved to be loyal to him, including loyalty to the city of Buffalo. Because of this, some of his front office cronies seem to get a pass no matter what their performance is.

Buffalo's fans have in turn always been loyal, no matter the product that Ralph has produced.

Edited by Bob in STL

Guest dog14787

First off everyone knows I'm a big Trent Edwards fan and I'll be the first to admit his release was a hard pill to swallow. More so then anything else though is the Buffalo Bills unorthodox, unprofessional way of conducting business. When you look back on the original off season moves brought on by Russ Brandon as acting GM, the dismantling of an experienced O-line then go on to the firing of Turk Shonert 1 week before the season starts without a proper replacement and the season that followed, its no wonder the fan faithful would be expecting an improvement under new management/coaching.

Some folks are asking me "dog, wasn't it just a month ago you were cheering on our new regime , agreeing with how they sized up the situation, on board with the direction the Bills were going in, and now your a flip flopper" My reply to them is I gobbled up the bait, hook line and sinker, because that's what Russ Brandon and company do best which is selling folks on a better tomorrow.

Its been a decade now and the better tomorrow hasn't come, the Bills are no better this season then last, probably worse. The same unorthodox, unprofessional moves are still taking place making it harder and harder and harder to get good coaching and FA's interested in coming to Buffalo.

There is one constant and has been over the last decade that you can count on and as long as RW is the owner of the Buffalo Bills nothing will ever change.

Bull Crap! Enough is enough. I am sick of this 'support this team no matter what' BS!!!! Ralph wilson COUNTS ON THAT!!! He knows he doesn't have to field anything but a **** team because fans will come to the stadium regardless. We need a friggin owner that will put WINNING as a priority, not lining his pockets while putting the cheapest product on the field

The argument will rage on for as long as the old guy lives, but he hasn't done these things to line his pockets. he has more than enough money to be an old man spending his days in his mansion. He is doing it to set things up for the next owners. It has become increasingly clear to most everyone that they are positioning this franchise for a move. If he puts a bunch of money into the team, it might actually make it worse for us, as not only would we lose our beloved team, we would lose a winning team. Now that's just my two cents, but my logic seems decent enough on this one.

You must have alot of patience, How long have been following them?

The Bills have been rebuilding the model for how long?

Just think if they won some games. What if there were 8-8 or 9-7. Oh that's asking alot from the Bills.

who is this "respected" GM and head coach of whom you speak?

Nix was fired from his last job as national scout, who the Bills hired from retirement in Tennessee (as a scout) 

He then was promoted to a GM he has never performed in the past in a search that extended all the way to Modrak and John Guy - who was then promptly fired.

not sure how he has earned "respect" as a GM- other than in Bills fans fantasy world. 

Gailey is even worse

Fired from his last job as OC before the season - but not good enough then to be brought in to fix the Bills after we fired Turk at the same time.

Fired from GT after 6 years of piss-poor talent acquisition and mediocre production on the field.

The claim of each that they need to use the entire 2010 season to evaluate talent on the team should be a huge red flag to anyone thinking this group can achieve their stated objective of "building thru the draft" - where they will be need to identify players from the college ranks playing vastly systems and environments than that of the NFL.  Cornell Green, Incognito, Scott, invisible 2010 draft class - the early returns of evaluating talent are not good

but maybe Chan thinks red-shirting players is the proper way to subtly tank a season. 

I guess the fans deserve a 20 game pre-season. 

First off everyone knows I'm a big Trent Edwards fan and I'll be the first to admit his release was a hard pill to swallow. More so then anything else though is the Buffalo Bills unorthodox, unprofessional way of conducting business. When you look back on the original off season moves brought on by Russ Brandon as acting GM, the dismantling of an experienced O-line then go on to the firing of Turk Shonert 1 week before the season starts without a proper replacement and the season that followed, its no wonder the fan faithful would be expecting an improvement under new management/coaching.

Some folks are asking me "dog, wasn't it just a month ago you were cheering on our new regime , agreeing with how they sized up the situation, on board with the direction the Bills were going in, and now your a flip flopper" My reply to them is I gobbled up the bait, hook line and sinker, because that's what Russ Brandon and company do best which is selling folks on a better tomorrow.

Its been a decade now and the better tomorrow hasn't come, the Bills are no better this season then last, probably worse. The same unorthodox, unprofessional moves are still taking place making it harder and harder and harder to get good coaching and FA's interested in coming to Buffalo.

There is one constant and has been over the last decade that you can count on and as long as RW is the owner of the Buffalo Bills nothing will ever change.

Listen I have been a fan of this sucking, butt, copulating, piece of crap franchise since literally before I can remember. If you need to jump then jump. I understand but am not really sympathetic. I know I hear enough from the likes of you all on here or in the national and local press. No one said love is easy and in fact, it's not. I wish we were the Steelers sure but we're not. We might be the Red Soxs of football for all I know (but in reality I think that is Cleveland).

Myself, I just can't do it, in fact I am stupid enough to still be optimistic. If not about this year or next, then the one after that. I can't say I was w/ our last coach. What can I say? I'm an idiot and hope springs eternal. I have patience, I think this might be a good GM and coach. I like some of what they have done, we'll see. I just don't have the energy to be too be negative all the time. Plus it's kind of like having a disease that I can't shake, good days and bad, try to enjoy the good and not wallow in the bad.

Guest dog14787

Listen I have been a fan of this sucking, butt, copulating, piece of crap franchise since literally before I can remember. If you need to jump then jump. I understand but am not really sympathetic. I know I hear enough from the likes of you all on here or in the national and local press. No one said love is easy and in fact, it's not. I wish we were the Steelers sure but we're not. We might be the Red Soxs of football for all I know (but in reality I think that is Cleveland).

Myself, I just can't do it, in fact I am stupid enough to still be optimistic. If not about this year or next, then the one after that. I can't say I was w/ our last coach. What can I say? I'm an idiot and hope springs eternal. I have patience, I think this might be a good GM and coach. I like some of what they have done, we'll see. I just don't have the energy to be too be negative all the time. Plus it's kind of like having a disease that I can't shake, good days and bad, try to enjoy the good and not wallow in the bad.

Trying to follow the team the way you do from another country bowery should be an inspiration to all.

I would also like to say just because I posted on this thread doesn't mean I'm going anywhere, I'll always be a die hard Bills fan, but would just like to see a winning team again before we're all dead and gone.

The argument will rage on for as long as the old guy lives, but he hasn't done these things to line his pockets. he has more than enough money to be an old man spending his days in his mansion. He is doing it to set things up for the next owners. It has become increasingly clear to most everyone that they are positioning this franchise for a move. If he puts a bunch of money into the team, it might actually make it worse for us, as not only would we lose our beloved team, we would lose a winning team. Now that's just my two cents, but my logic seems decent enough on this one.

That is why RW should just sell the team now. Let Jim Kelly's group take over and build a winning franchise. Sell the team Ralph!

I just read that article a few minutes ago, and it is quite refreshing to know that so many people feel exactly like I do. Glad to know that the mismanagement of the team has ruined a part of my life that was sacred, sunday afternoons. So many of the fond memories of my life, and I am in my late forties, involve either going to the games when I was young, watching them around the world on TV during my 20 years in the Navy, meeting several of the players here in Virginia Beach at Bruce Smith's golf tourney, or just talking about football with friends and actually being able to smile when I talk about my Bills. The truth is, Ralph has never been a good owner, he got lucky a few times hiring relatively unknowns, that weren't expensive at the time (Polian, Levy) and he sat back and watched them turn the franchise into some of the few winning years we have had since the 1960's. All most Bills fans are asking for is for the team to be competitive and have a chance. We might be the only team, year in and year out, who doesn't have a chance, in this league where teams go from last to first almost every year. Reading this article was almost like I was talking to myself, it expresses to a tee, the exact way I am feeling about the team that I have given so much of my heart to over the years.

Without Ralph Wilson, there never would have been ANY Buffalo Bills or any pro football in Buffalo, period. Don't ever forget that.

Bill Polian was and is one of the greatest GMs in NFL history- how is it possible to replace someone like that?

We won in 1999 and 2000 with Bill Polian's players as anchors for the team and one of the best defenses in the league to cover for our lack of offense.

Now, we don't have that defense to cover our sad offense and we suffer. Just because Ralph Wilson can't manage as an owner doesn't mean he doesn't care, and he knows how badly it has gotten, but in the end he's in the fading twilight of life and soon it will be someone else's team. Patience is what we need in this dark time until the inevitable sale comes. Even though it SUCKS, it has to be that way- Ralph just can't make the right call, plain and simple.