Guess who is receiving an exemption from Obamacare?

Magox

The biggest single waiver, for 351,000 people, was for the United Federation of Teachers Welfare Fund, a New York union providing coverage for city teachers. The waivers are effective for a year and were granted to insurance plans and companies that showed that employee premiums would rise or that workers would lose coverage without them, Santillo says.

Hmm, so the Teachers Union, the union that is most pissed with the Obama administration because of their Education policy (Which I happen to like)is deeply unpopular with teachers and the Union.

Political expediency perhaps?

Guess who's paying for that?

Hmm, so the Teachers Union, the union that is most pissed with the Obama administration because of their Education policy (Which I happen to like)is deeply unpopular with teachers and the Union.

Political expediency perhaps?

Guess who's paying for that?

I'm not really a fan of you pointing this out, and failing to point out the 30+ corporations who got the same exemption. This is the definition of Republican brainwash bias.

I'm not really a fan of you pointing this out, and failing to point out the 30+ corporations who got the same exemption. This is the definition of Republican brainwash bias.

You have a point. The union isn't the only one who received the exemption. So did McDonalds who, oddly enough, only days earlier inadvertantly released info stating that Obamacare regulations would cause the company to cancel health care for 30,000 employees.

Given that everyone was repeatedly promised that "If you like your health care plan, you can keep it," this wouldn't smell so great a few weeks before mid-terms, while all the incumbent Democrats are roaming the country campaigning on how great Obamacare is. So it's nice of Sebelius to distribute "Get Out Of OBamacare Free" cards to keep people quiet.

No. Wait. No one who voted for it is promoting it, but you get my drift.

You have a point. The union isn't the only one who received the exemption. So did McDonalds who, oddly enough, only days earlier inadvertantly released info stating that Obamacare regulations would cause the company to cancel health care for 30,000 employees.

Given that everyone was repeatedly promised that "If you like your health care plan, you can keep it," this wouldn't smell so great a few weeks before mid-terms, while all the incumbent Democrats are roaming the country campaigning on how great Obamacare is. So it's nice of Sebelius to distribute "Get Out Of OBamacare Free" cards to keep people quiet.

No. Wait. No one who voted for it is promoting it, but you get my drift.

Don't waste your breath explaining anything to the PPP resident idiot. He's only able capable of absorbing oxygen

I'm not and you are still an idiot.

You do the work of a Republican. You spread skewed information, as evidenced by this thread.

No one is arguing that corporations do not control our government.

Edited by conner

Like anything you say resembles factual information.

Regarding Finance stuff? I have yet to see anything that Magox posts that is factually deficient.

The problem is, again, that Magox has a formal education in this material....and you have what, exactly? Is Magox right? Is coloring books a valid analogy? Go ahead and tell us exactly what he is saying that is factually inaccurate. Skip the party politics stuff and just tell me what you know.

Okay Conner, here's the full list of the companies currently exempted and the number of their employees who are so affected.

Be assured that the list will grow as more contribution-giving-constituencies begin writing more substantial checks to their duly elected Federal lawmakers.

Please wash your brain with this:

Fowler Packing Co. [Fruit Grower, Packer, Shipper] (39)

Baptist Retirement [Retirement Homes/Villages; various states] (127)

BCS Insurance [Health Ins Underwriters-Commercial and Private] (115,000)

Local 17 Hospitality Benefit Fund [Local 17 is the 'Twin Cities' local of UNITE HERE, an international labor union] (881)

Greater Metropolitan Hotel [City Unknown] (1200)

UFT Welfare Fund [NYC Teachers Union] (351,000)

Aegis [unknown] (162) [i believe this is the group Aids Education Global Information System]

Maritime Association [Location various major ports around the country - labor union] (500)

Aetna [insurance Carrier] (209,423)

UABT [united Agribusiness Benefit Trust] (17,347)

Reliance Standard [Group Employee Benefits Provider] (varies)

QK/DRD (Denny's) [Restaurant] (65)

Guy C. Lee Mfg. [building Materials Retailer; North, South Carolina] (312)

I.U.P.A.T [international Union of Painters and Allied Trades] (875)

HealthPort [technology; strategic solutions provider for the healthcare sector] (608)

Jack in the Box [Fast Food] (1,130)

Allflex [Packaging Products/Solutions] (34)

Transport Workers [aviation, oil, waste management, gas, road transport, passenger vehicles and logistics workers union] (107)

Tri-Pak [unknown] (26)

Cryogenic [process measurement and control] (19)

Metro Paving Fund [union perhaps?] (550)

Health Connector [A "Find a Doctor/Care" Service] (3,544)

Health and Welfare Benefit System [provider of health and welfare products for employers] (41)

PS-ILA [business Unknown] (8) [i believe this is a branch of the International Longshoreman's Association]

PMPS-ILA [business Unknown] (15) [i believe this is a branch of the International Longshoreman's Association]

Maverick County [Texas, County Seat-Eagle Pass] (1) <= one lucky guy or gal!

Sanderson Plumbing Products, Inc. [Products for Aircraft, Commercial, Residential Appl] (326)

GS-ILA [business Unknown] (298) [i believe this is a branch of the International Longshoreman's Association]

Allied [insurance Provider] (127)

CIGNA [insurance Provider] (265,000)

McDonald's Corp [Fast Food] (Unknown)

Which of these isn't a "special interest group"?

The insurance companies?

The labor unions?

The health care companies?

The agriculture businesses?

What gives any of them the right to be treated unequally under the law as the rest of us will be required to be?

And then how about

these guys? WARNING: NSFConner re: SARAH PALIN LINK EMBEDDED WITHIN.

Just to show I'm not heartless and cruel,

here's a link to the same story from a different - but equally red/right-wing/Bush apologist website cbsnews.com.

In case you're fraidy skeered to click the links, here's the salient point contained therein:

Obamacare appears to have a carved out for senior staff members in the leadership offices and on congressional committees, essentially exempting those senior Democrat staffers who wrote the bill from being forced to purchase health care plans in the same way as other Americans.

In other words - the Pope is telling you to not use contraception. In case you missed the analogy, once again, those who don't play the game are making the rules they want everyone else to follow. And those who are well-heeled enough will continue to petition the Pope for indulgences which he'll gladly sell to them at a premium.