Well Sully is dead on this week.

DarthICE

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/jerry-sullivan/article212824.ece

I am starting to think he resigns after this season. I bet this is WAY worse off than he immagined.

No, No, No, NO, NO!!!! Nothing that comes off the tip of Jerry Sullivan's pen is worth more than the steno pad it's written on. He is an absolute joke! He has never played a down of football in his life (sitting on the bench with a uniform on doesn't count) and has absolutely no real conception for the, A) Game of Football and, B) Business of Football. He writes well, as any other journalism major would, but that doesn't mean he knows anything! He has simply regurgitated a weeks worth or posts on ESPN...there's nothing profound here, not even a new thought. Same goes for the 2 blow hard douche bags on the afternoon drive on WGR! Get a clue morons! You host an opinion driven sports talk radio show where you invite callers to spew their opinions and you don't even give them the courtesy o allowing them to finish a thought because they may no see things through your crusty eyes.

1.) Edwards - They gave him the opportunity he deserved. He came not camp with a new attitude, almost a swagger to him. A renewed, or what seems to have been anyway, sense of confidence. He performed well in OTA's, camp, and the pre-season. Then, he gets into a live game situation and crawls into the fetal position we've all come to love. Realizing he is not a direction they will revisit, they did the only justifiable thing...rather than further demoting him, which would be a slap in the face, they released him and gave him an opportunity to catch on with another franchise.

2.) The RB situation...Lynch - Not dumping him in the offseason says to me that they liked him, they saw in him what most of us did his first 2 years in the league...BEAST MODE...he goes’ through his off the field issues, skips some OTA's, but handles the media presence surrounding trade rumors very well and keeps his nose clean. Why trade him now? Who knows...?We don't know what goes on in the locker room, or behind the closed doors of One Bills Drive....we all know he doesn't want to be here, and we all know if that's the case, his performance will suffer. We didn't get ripped off, we got fair market value for a run of the mill back...he's not "elite" or even "special" he's a good. Bell - were we supposed to cut Lynch, Jackson, Spiller, or McEntyre to make room for him? NO! He goes to the practice squad, bides his time and waits for a call to duty...Philly placed the call first and this game is all about opportunity. Jackson - A true team player who didn't take anything as an insult. He's a guy that is on board with the direction of the organization and accepts his fate...good things come to those who wait! Spiller - a "REACH" @ #9? Are you f&*$#&g kidding me? He was highly, and widely, regarded as the best player in this draft you dunce!

3) Troup & Carrington – They are guys that need time to develop. Spot duty and practice is the right thing to do…you don’t throw these guys to the wolves so they don’t perform to a level they have come to expect from themselves…that will demoralize them and potentially ruin their careers…(Trent Edwards)!

4.) Kelsay – I got nothing…dumbfounded by that move…but it’s inevitable…

5.) Levi Brown – NO TEAM IN THE NFL keeps a QB on the practice squad! It’s the 3rd string QB’s job to study the upcoming opponent and run the scout offense.

You’re damn right that Nix needs to hit rock bottom! It’s a necessity to build a foundation for the future! Success is measured on how high you bounce after you hit rock bottom…don’t you know that….TOOL!! (All comments are directed toward Sullivan and all those who think he’s worth a sh*t, not the original poster.)

Agreed about accountability. Nix should be talking to the fans. I feel like no one is in charge.

We can argue about the merits of Nix's moves but this accountabilitty thing is nuts.

How many NFL Gm's have to explain themselves to fans? Did BB have to explain his Moss trade?

He is right that the fans deserve some accountability. Given the amount of taxpayer money (to say nothing of mostly blue collar folks' hard-earned paychecks) that helps prop up this horrid product, fans are correct to demand some sort of explanation for what is going on. It's really not asking too much. If this were a public company with actual shareholders to report to (as well as bankers/lenders), you'd better believe that its executives would be taken to task on a weekly (if not daily) basis for what has been going on.

As I said before there was a QB club thing a couple of weeks ago:

secondly it is a team, a pro sports game, Yeah I know it means a lot to all of us but our public money shouldn't be tied up in the way it is anyway.

Thirdly, it is not public company, and they don't have to talk, why the hell would they. In what way is the PR going get them any thing at this point but people ripping them new ones and more fuel for the fire. Look at the thread about "show me the baby" as an example of that.

4th, Stockholders don't get to say all that much. Buy or sell for the most part, RW maybe taking Bills executives to task everyday for all we know. In reality, I hope he is not.

To me this article does not say much about Nix's abilities one way or another. It does however confirm he has joined the long succession of Bills GM's who seem indifferent to the cries for access from whiny douches that report for the Buffalo News.

Or to the vultures on TBD.

Agreed about accountability. Nix should be talking to the fans. I feel like no one is in charge.

No NFL GM has to explain stuff to the fans. Just in dysfunctional Buffalo where the crazy fans are whipped up by crazy columnists. Only in Buffalo do the fans and media expect things to turn around in weeks.

You want to fire Nix and Gailey 5 weeks into the season? Fine. Just don't expect ANYONE GOOD to want to work here! What kind of crazy franchise pulls the plug after 5 weeks? Why it's the Buffalo Bills and their insane fans and media! Like the national media doesn't have enough to laugh at us about.

PTR

Could be no one wanted lynch or Trent during the summer. Could be Nix's a lot smarter than most people think.

However, we are yet to see that. Give credit to Sullivan for the one comment. If you really believed in your draft, then shouldn't Terell Troup and Alex Carrington be getting snaps on the worst Run defense in the league. If they are no better than Spencer Johnson, McCargo then it sucks to say that Nix has as much missed on his top picks like his predecessor did with Maybin last year.

As I said before there was a QB club thing a couple of weeks ago:

secondly it is a team, a pro sports game, Yeah I know it means a lot to all of us but our public money shouldn't be tied up in the way it is anyway.

Thirdly, it is not public company, and they don't have to talk, why the hell would they. In what way is the PR going get them any thing at this point but people ripping them new ones and more fuel for the fire. Look at the thread about "show me the baby" as an example of that.

4th, Stockholders don't get to say all that much. Buy or sell for the most part, RW maybe taking Bills executives to task everyday for all we know. In reality, I hope he is not.

Whether or not public money should be used, it IS. And you're wrong about stockholders. Most large public companies have monthly (if not more frequent) conference calls that are broadcast to their shareholders, and lenders get direct, 24-7 access.

This is a product that is not performing as advertised. Its subscribers should be assured.

Whether or not public money should be used, it IS. And you're wrong about stockholders. Most large public companies have monthly (if not more frequent) conference calls that are broadcast to their shareholders, and lenders get direct, 24-7 access.

This is a product that is not performing as advertised. Its subscribers should be assured.

Whether or not you like it or not the public money used doesn't give you the right of accountability you want. It is not hard to understand, really.

You are a customer not a subscriber, secondly yes there would be meetings and crap IF THE COMPANY WAS LOSING MONEY, I haven't heard they are yet. Lack of confidence in the product would not merit it.

To me this article does not say much about Nix's abilities one way or another. It does however confirm he has joined the long succession of Bills GM's who seem indifferent to the cries for access from whiny douches that report for the Buffalo News.

The problem is trying to figure out whose fault it is in the front office. Everything this guy said was dead on. So many poor choices. As I have mentioned elsewhere we are tearing down the team mid season instead of in the off season before the draft. That is dumb. If we did it the right way got rid of everyone they needed to and then started rebuilding in the draft and free agency it would have been smarter and easier to swallow. Instead we have to endure a year long dismantling of the Bills only to begin that rebuilding process NEXT YEAR!

What killed me the most about this article is how little contribution we are getting from rookies on what is such a BAD team. There should be plenty of opportunity for rookies or mid level free agents to come in and get on the field right away. The only guys I can think of are an undrafted WR in David Nelson that occasionally gets in the game and Spiller who has made something of an impact and will likely get more opportunity now that Lynch is gone.

Sullivan believes Buddy should sit down with the media and explain every move. Well, there are many factors that go into a decision. You don't waive a #1 draft pick for missing a voluntary camp. Bell could have been useful but Nix may have had plans for a player for player trade using Lynch and another player, we will never know.

Gailey and Nix wanted to watch Edwards first hand and I give them credit for that. The Bills evaluated,then moved on!

Nice article but ONE SIDED VIEW.

How do we give credit to a coach and GM that wanted to see first hand a QB that the entire nation and most of the fan base thought didn't have what it takes? Sometimes the obvious answer is actually the right one!!! Edwards stunk and all but an incredibly small fan base thought otherwise. The overwhelmingly large majority knew the kid wasn't a gamer but some how our coaches couldn't figure that out looking back at the past 3 years of his career? That scares me!!!

Yeah, imagine those whiny douches expecting a busy GM to have a minute for the fans! Who do the hell do they think they are? It's obvious that if fans want access, they can camp out, one by one, in the hallway outside Buddy's office. It's not as if there's a communication problem that could be helped by spending five minutes with the media. All the fans have total understanding of the Bills' moves. That's clear from the posts here.

Busy GM? The guy goes to bed early when free agency starts. All he has done is cut a couple players, over pay another and trade away our bull dozing probowl RB. How much of his time is that really taking? Seriously.

are these threads necessary for every SUllivan article? We have the get er done types supporting everything he says and the predictable people bashing him for being an idiot. Rarely do we get any real analysis out of it.

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

Sully's Dead On, Sully Nails It, Sully Says it Best, Can't Argue You With Sully, Sully's Got Gold-Plated Genitals, I mean c'mon! For some of the dolts on this message board it's a GD cult of personality with this guy. I get it, he's negative, you're negative, he's got the bully pulpit, you can't think for yourself, it's a perfect storm. But do we really need to zap his columns up here before the ink dries EVERY time he regurgitates the same doom and gloom scenarios that have already been discussed ad nauseam over and over and over again?

However, we are yet to see that. Give credit to Sullivan for the one comment. If you really believed in your draft, then shouldn't Terell Troup and Alex Carrington be getting snaps on the worst Run defense in the league. If they are no better than Spencer Johnson, McCargo then it sucks to say that Nix has as much missed on his top picks like his predecessor did with Maybin last year.

Amen!

Yeah, imagine those whiny douches expecting a busy GM to have a minute for the fans! Who do the hell do they think they are? It's obvious that if fans want access, they can camp out, one by one, in the hallway outside Buddy's office. It's not as if there's a communication problem that could be helped by spending five minutes with the media. All the fans have total understanding of the Bills' moves. That's clear from the posts here.

I sense your sarcasm but should Nix really be at the beck and call of a ninny? I mean really. JS rails on and on as if Nix is covering up Watergate or something. If he is such a good reporter why isn't he doing politics or straight news? It seems impossible that he knows less about politics than he knows about sports.

Whatever Nix said to Sullivan would be spun in a negative fashion. There are no two ways about it and it has been proven a hundred times over by Sullivan. If you were in Nix's postition what would you do?

By the way, Thurman wore #34. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: