Well Sully is dead on this week.

DarthICE

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me this article does not say much about Nix's abilities one way or another. It does however confirm he has joined the long succession of Bills GM's who seem indifferent to the cries for access from whiny douches that report for the Buffalo News.

To me this article does not say much about Nix's abilities one way or another. It does however confirm he has joined the long succession of Bills GM's who seem indifferent to the cries for access from whiny douches that report for the Buffalo News.

And goes into hiding when the **** hits the fan.

Sullivan believes Buddy should sit down with the media and explain every move. Well, there are many factors that go into a decision. You don't waive a #1 draft pick for missing a voluntary camp. Bell could have been useful but Nix may have had plans for a player for player trade using Lynch and another player, we will never know.

Gailey and Nix wanted to watch Edwards first hand and I give them credit for that. The Bills evaluated,then moved on!

Nice article but ONE SIDED VIEW.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/jerry-sullivan/article212824.ece

I am starting to think he resigns after this season. I bet this is WAY worse off than he immagined.

A bunch of good questions by Sullivan in there.... hmmm

I could either write 10 more paragraphs or nothing more. Given how disheartening this all is I'll go with the 'nothing more'

The Monday QB club thing was a public event I would have thought. I wonder why JS wasn't invited and why so much of what he wrote just sounds like an echo of this place. :bag: And just as an afterthought didn't he just suggest a couple of weeks ago that we SHOULD tank the season. :sick: Let's face it is easy to second guess things. One thing I know from reading him though JS is still a dope. :rolleyes:

The Monday QB club thing was a public event I would have thought. I wonder why JS wasn't invited and why so much of what he wrote just sounds like an echo of this place. :bag: And just as an afterthought didn't he just suggest a couple of weeks ago that we SHOULD tank the season. :sick: Let's face it is easy to second guess things. One thing I know from reading him though JS is still a dope. :rolleyes:

He is very good at second guessing almost everything. Its getting old

Yeah, imagine those whiny douches expecting a busy GM to have a minute for the fans! Who do the hell do they think they are? It's obvious that if fans want access, they can camp out, one by one, in the hallway outside Buddy's office. It's not as if there's a communication problem that could be helped by spending five minutes with the media. All the fans have total understanding of the Bills' moves. That's clear from the posts here.

Edited by Thurman#1

are these threads necessary for every SUllivan article? We have the get er done types supporting everything he says and the predictable people bashing him for being an idiot. Rarely do we get any real analysis out of it.

+1. You can almost set your watch by Sullivan's whining. But I understand. He is getting paid to write something.

Yeah, imagine those whiny douches expecting a busy GM to have a minute for the fans! Who do the hell do they think they are? It's obvious that if fans want access, they can camp out, one by one, in the hallway outside Buddy's office. It's not as if there's a communication problem that could be helped by spending five minutes with the media. All the fans have total understanding of the Bills' moves. That's clear from the posts here.

Sullivan's column aside, it simply appears the front office doesn't have any kind of master plan and are making decisions on the fly vs. as part of a well thought out consistent strategy.

And a team that philosophizes about building through the draft (Spiller, Troup, Carrington, Easley, Wang, Moats, Batten, Brown, Calloway) but gets close to zero (Spiller the exception) out of their draft class is in trouble.

Frankly, I don't want or need an explanation of anything. But what I do want is competency. Swing and a miss on that one so far from where I sit.

JMHO

Sullivan believes Buddy should sit down with the media and explain every move. Well, there are many factors that go into a decision. You don't waive a #1 draft pick for missing a voluntary camp. Bell could have been useful but Nix may have had plans for a player for player trade using Lynch and another player, we will never know.

Gailey and Nix wanted to watch Edwards first hand and I give them credit for that. The Bills evaluated,then moved on!

Nice article but ONE SIDED VIEW.

um....that's kinda the point....nix is refusing to give his side. the answers to the reasonable questions posed by suliivan are left to speculation.

Sullivan's column aside, it simply appears the front office doesn't have any kind of master plan and are making decisions on the fly vs. as part of a well thought out consistent strategy.

And a team that philosophizes about building through the draft (Spiller, Troup, Carrington, Easley, Wang, Moats, Batten, Brown, Calloway) but gets close to zero (Spiller the exception) out of their draft class is in trouble.

Frankly, I don't want or need an explanation of anything. But what I do want is competency. Swing and a miss on that one so far from where I sit.

JMHO

yea well when most of your draft picks are out of mickey mouse state university it shouldnt be shocking. It is concerning that this draft, outside of round 1, has made no impact so far.

He wasn't doing to bad until he started whining about Bell.

Every year no-name RB's tear it up in the preseason. And let's not forget everyone was all "OMFG - how can we have 3 talented backs??" and as soon as we get rid of one it's "OMFG - what did we do to our depth?" and "Bell might carry the rock 2 times this season for the Eagles because they have injured starters - oh noooeeeessss - what did we dooooooo?"

Spare me.

No, he didn't. Glad I could help answer that one.
EDIT Damn Thurman#1 you edited out before I responded LOL

UM really he didn't? I said he suggest it and it sounds that way to me.

Jerry's chat which he had this comment w/ Hossage (thank god and Mods, that clown is gone!!), Quoted by JW

here is the ENTIRE response Jerry wrote:

"You're a fan. Set your goals high. But understand that the best thing for this franchise is to get a high draft pick in a year where there might be several franchise QBs available. (how many other ways are there of doing that, he didn't say trade for it) Always be prepared for a surprise. You can enjoy a bad team if you see progress and pride in the younger guys."

I don't know how to delete this and it looks foolish w/out the context so I am leaving here. Sorry no hard feelings.

Edited by bowery4

+1. You can almost set your watch by Sullivan's whining. But I understand. He is getting paid to write something.

I understand, but 98% of the time its whiney and NEGATIVE.

He now thinks Spiller was a reach @ 9? WTF?

We should have cut Lynch when he didn't show up for the OTA'? Um we got draft picks for LYnch that's why you don't cut him! D-bag

He is right that the fans deserve some accountability. Given the amount of taxpayer money (to say nothing of mostly blue collar folks' hard-earned paychecks) that helps prop up this horrid product, fans are correct to demand some sort of explanation for what is going on. It's really not asking too much. If this were a public company with actual shareholders to report to (as well as bankers/lenders), you'd better believe that its executives would be taken to task on a weekly (if not daily) basis for what has been going on.