John McCargo, next to go

SKRAAPY

McCargo actually looked like he was making progress his first season or two and you could guarantee him making a tackle behind the line of scrimmage. Then it looks like he just packed it in, lose focus etc.....

He is not a 3-4 DE....then again NOBODY on the front 7 should be playing a 3-4. That is the coaches huge misake and Nix. By switching to that formation they created another 5-6 holes to fill. Very bad move

I'm sure McCargo will be picked up by someone next year and fight yet again for a roster spot.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Houston Texans could use Stroud. They're trying to win now, and their DT's are fairly weak.

Same in Chicago. Their DT's are not good. Send him over there. Stroud and our 5th for Chicago's 3rd.

Their DTs are weak? Stroud is weak. You couldn't get a box of tape for Stroud at this point in his career.

Thanks go out to Marv Levy, for giving up a high 2nd and a high 3rd and trading back into the first round to acquire a player who was the 3rd best defensive lineman on his collegiate team.

Sometimes I really wonder if Alzheimer's was setting in with him. Those two drafts could not have been worse.

lol...it's a first-round blowout sale!

:lol:

Maybe the Bills could be the first team in NFL history with no first round picks on the roster.

Man, that 2006 draft was one of the most frustrating events I've ever watched. Haloti Ngata falls into our lap, and we take Whitner. Then we trade up for McCargo and everyone has no idea what to say about it. Unbelievable.

Could you imagine ngata and mangold like most of us expected at those picks? How different things could have been....

Could you imagine ngata and mangold like most of us expected at those picks? How different things could have been....

If the Bills hadn't made so many mind numbingly head scratching roster moves and draft picks in the previous 5 years they wouldn't even have been in a position to take Whitner at 8 nor need to trade up for a reach DT. That's what makes all of these disasters worse--- each hot mess is really just piled on top of the previous one. Now the organization is buried in it and the digging out process is going to take awhile.

Pat Moran sucks. Whoever takes his 4th grade website seriously sucks. His best source is SKOOBY

Word, W-Byrd.

Uh a sac of used jock straps would see the field more then John McCargo, so yeah, we can find someone better. There are veteran D ends available who have actually played in a 3-4 defense out there looking for work. The Jets just claimed Trevor Pryce off of waivers. You don't think that he could have done a better job then McCargo?

He wasn't really looking for work, the Jets made a claim on him once Baltimore released him, and they only released him to juggle a roster spot. Those kind of guys/moves aren't available all the time

because we finally have a GM who is purging this team of people who don't want to win and who aren't talented... GO BUDDY!

The problem is they are purging the roster only about 6 months too late, and replacing them with Practice squad guys who aren't really an improvement

I don't have a problem letting him go, he is a dead weight on the team, but its not like they are going to find someone whos a huge upgrade thats just sitting around waiting for a spot right now, and it just creates another hole they will have to use resources to fill, AGAIN

Man, that 2006 draft was one of the most frustrating events I've ever watched. Haloti Ngata falls into our lap, and we take Whitner. Then we trade up for McCargo and everyone has no idea what to say about it. Unbelievable.

You got it brother. I was dumb-founded. I screamed at the TV when they said Whitner and not Ngata.

As a Levy loyalist, I've forced myself to conclude that Marv had no actual authority, and all coaching and personnel decisions were made by Russ Brandon and Dick Jauron, while Marv cashed his paycheck and thought about golf all day from his office. Also, I've concluded that the Levy we hired in 2006 was an imposter.

It's taking a lot of mental gymnastics, staying a Marv loyalist.

Maybe so. I was in that corner for a while too, but I can't help but think he's tarnished his legacy here some. He may have "settled the office" down some, but ultimately his name is on these picks.

about time :thumbsup:

The problem is they are purging the roster only about 6 months too late, and replacing them with Practice squad guys who aren't really an improvement

I don't have a problem letting him go, he is a dead weight on the team, but its not like they are going to find someone whos a huge upgrade thats just sitting around waiting for a spot right now, and it just creates another hole they will have to use resources to fill, AGAIN

actually now is a good time for shopping lots of moves made this time of year, I like they are throughly evaluating players this year. I didn't trust anything the DJ did in terms of knowing what talent he had.

Edited by bowery4