Nix brought this on himself

DDD

Nix brought this on himself. We already had two good RB's in hand (and under contract I might add) and huge needs elsewhere yet decided to draft another RB with our precious 1st pick. He basically gave away one of the few assets on the team in Lynch for nothing and used another 1st round pick to draft a RB. Talk about spinning your wheels. In a way it was kind of like when Levy passed on Ngata for Whitner only to trade back into the first round to draft McCargo. The Bills continue to reach new depths of utter stupidity. This is the final nail in the coffin I believe as there is absolutely no chance the team will be competitive while Ralph Wilson is still alive which is likely less than 3-4 years.

Nix brought this on himself. We already had two good RB's in hand (and under contract I might add) and huge needs elsewhere yet decided to draft another RB with our precious 1st pick. He basically gave away one of the few assets on the team in Lynch for nothing and used another 1st round pick to draft a RB. Talk about spinning your wheels. In a way it was kind of like when Levy passed on Ngata for Whitner only to trade back into the first round to draft McCargo. The Bills continue to reach new depths of utter stupidity. This is the final nail in the coffin I believe as there is absolutely no chance the team will be competitive while Ralph Wilson is still alive which is likely less than 3-4 years.

Agreed - when he took the job, he brought this plague upon himself....

Lets go back when Gailey was hired, "I like those waterbug Running backs" said Gailey.

Lynch was clearly out of Buffalo plans well before the draft.

I believe in the best player available and Spiller was not suppose to fall.

Of course he brought it on himself.

However, he also greatly upgraded RB.

I'm not a fan of the Spiller pick, but it might turn out to be brilliant as the rebuild finishes up in around 2012 and our OL comes together.

Of course he brought it on himself.

However, he also greatly upgraded RB.

I'm not a fan of the Spiller pick, but it might turn out to be brilliant as the rebuild finishes up in around 2012 and our OL comes together.

Exactly right.

I'm not sure what people expect. This is a new front office; they want to do things their own way and they want their own guys. It's like when TD and GW came to town. We had a great 3-4 defense. They came in, cleaned house, drafted their own guys to play the ill-conceived 46 defense. It would bother me if Nix was making change for the sake of change and the prior regime was successful, but it wasn't. Prior regime was crap; he wants to clean house.

Exactly right.

I'm not sure what people expect. This is a new front office; they want to do things their own way and they want their own guys. It's like when TD and GW came to town. We had a great 3-4 defense. They came in, cleaned house, drafted their own guys to play the ill-conceived 46 defense. It would bother me if Nix was making change for the sake of change and the prior regime was successful, but it wasn't. Prior regime was crap; he wants to clean house.

THANK YOU! some rational thinking on the board!

i cant get over the ridiculous expectations people had for this year, and STILL have. Nix came right out MULTIPLE times and said they are not trying to "Win Now" this year. it's year one of a complete rebuild, gotta flush out the old turds.

Actually The new regime inherited this mess. This is part of their rebuliding mode, granted we all would have been happier to get at least a third round pick for Lynch. But it is better to get 2 picks for a former pro bowler, malcontent bone head than get none at all, who can leave the following year.

As for this past draft. I believe CJ Spiller was their guy they took off the board as the best player available, I have heard they wanted Trent Williams or Russel Okung but they were taken ahead of the Bills. Each regime makes their own stamp with their own vision. I don't believe their are done wheeling and dealing.

Lets go back when Gailey was hired, "I like those waterbug Running backs" said Gailey.

Lynch was clearly out of Buffalo plans well before the draft.

I believe in the best player available and Spiller was not suppose to fall.

What if the best player available next year is Mark Ingram? Take him and trade Fred Jackson for a 5th?

Exactly right.

i cant get over the ridiculous expectations people had for this year, and STILL have. Nix came right out MULTIPLE times and said they are not trying to "Win Now" this year. it's year one of a complete rebuild, gotta flush out the old turds.

Well said guys!

That move for Whitner really was mind boggling considering that he was the 53rd rated player in the draft that year, I have no idea why the Bills had him so much higher on the Bills board then other teams. But then look at the McCargo pick, to move up to get that guy was another bizarre move

Lets face it, the Bills have been pretty inept at drafting as long as they have been bad, this year is no exception. Bad GM's make bad choices, I have no idea why everyone wants to give this guy another 3 years to get better, at 70 years old if he doesn't have by now he certainly won't have it in another 3 years.

Don't get me started on Whitner. He's got an awfully big mouth for someone as overrated as he is. Did you see him get embarrassed by LT on Sunday? Just another bad decisions by a bad front office that so far, is showing no sign of improvement. Here's my list of players we need to get rid of. Kelsay, Whitner, Evans, Stupar, 70% of the OLine, Roscoe (because we don't have a coach that can truly utilize him), Steve Johnson, 100% of the DLine (including backups because obviously we don't have any playmakers there) and Fitz... Right this down, we win 2 games this year take a QB with the #1 pick that will turn into a failure because no matter what this franchise does, its always the wrong move. They've forgotten what it takes to win and in all reality, will never find it again until they relocate. Losing is in the bloodlines of this team and until they can change the culture it's only gonna get worse. Even our best players don't know what it takes to win because they've never done it so where to we go from here?

Hmmmmm. "Ridiculous expectations", you say?

Seems to me the biggest CG/Buddy supporters were up in arms when the popular press predicted anywhere from 0-4 wins this year. They scoffed at this, citing Gailey's ability to "make the best of what he has", how he "doesn't try to make his roster fit some scheme" (such as, say, a 3-4 defense).

They said "this team has some talent" and "why, if DJ could get 6 or 7 wins out of this roster, how can anybody believe Gailey would get less??"

Well, I see the script has been rewritten. Now the spin is "this team has no talent. It has to be torn down" and "the rebuild will be done in 2012" (my favorite).

Sorry, but Lynch and Jackson aren't game breakers by anyone's estimation. Spiller is. Lynch was a mistake from the day we took him- sure, he is a talented RB, but isn't a threat to score on every play and is mediocre in pass protection and in getting open to catch the ball. Sure, those attributes aren't big in fantasy football, which seems to be what everyone wrongly gauges players on, but that crowd is a bunch of idiots anyways- their opinions don't count in the real world.

Spiller was a great pick and one that will pay off. This is a complete rebuilding project- new coach, new GM, new offense and defense. Get ready to be bad for a few more years. Those are the facts and that's how it is. We should try to get picks for guys like Jackson and Evans as well- those guys will be on their downside in 3-4 years when the young guys start panning out anyways.

Buddy Nix did not bring this on him self. He walked in to a situation that was completely broke because of the owner and the previous two general managers.

Buddy Nix himself stated this team was not that far off... Don't show me the labor pains...show me the baby!! I'm still waiting to see that freaking baby...how many weeks do the fans need to endure these labor pains :bag:

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Buddy-Nix-Named-General-Manager/b01c064d-a534-4efe-bdfc-a52e86ea272a

One guys opinion on Gailey