Bills @ Ravens Tailgate 2010 Information

R. Rich

I posted the thread w/ all the details of the October 24th tailgate before the Bills-Ravens game in the Baltimore-Washington Area Events forum. Hope to see a bunch of you all there. Even w/ the crappy start to the season, I've already been notified by quite a few folks (even Pinto Ken) that they plan to attend. It should be a blast, regardless of what happens in the game.

Tailgate sounds good, I'm in.

I'm flying down early friday morning for a long weekend in Baltimore, never been there. I would really appreciate some restaurant recommendations. I'm staying right in Inner Harbour.

Also, is it safe to wear my bills gear to the game? I would never recommend that anyone wear opposing team gear to a bills game, is it anywhere near as bad? I would expect some ribbing, I just don't want things thrown on me or anything.

I'm flying down early friday morning for a long weekend in Baltimore, never been there. I would really appreciate some restaurant recommendations. I'm staying right in Inner Harbour.

Also, is it safe to wear my bills gear to the game? I would never recommend that anyone wear opposing team gear to a bills game, is it anywhere near as bad? I would expect some ribbing, I just don't want things thrown on me or anything.

Baltimore is a walk in the park.

Can give quite a bit of recommendations, but need to know price range/likes/dislikes first. Lots of great things to do in Bmore. One word of advice, if the Aquaruim is on the to do list, make sure you do it early morning Saturday, after 11 place is wacked on the weekends.

BTW, here is best place in Baltimore if you are looking for fine dining

http://www.charlestonrestaurant.com/

I also never miss a chance to go the Cross Street Market in Federal Hill, which is very walkable(5 minutes) from the Inner Harbor, really just the next neighborhood over. Great place to go on a Saturday afternoon for some great seafood, at great prices, with VERY cheap beer, and a unique experience. HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend for late Saturday lunch. Plus, Federal a cool neighborhood to boot

http://www.yelp.com/biz/cross-street-market-baltimore

Edited by plenzmd1

I'm there. Heard things get pretty intense for visitor when the home team is getting beat. So maybe that means it will be safe to wear your Bills gear. My seats are in the middle of the "Chain Gang". Please pray for me.

R Rich..is this something that needs to be reserved? Will be at the game as well, but need to go to some other goofy tailgate first with the knucklehead giving us the tickets. Need to see when I can skip out of that one first before comitting here

For some rreason can not edit earlier post, but you can always do this tour if you want to add a little excitment to your Baltimore trip

http://www2.citypaper.com/special/story.asp?id=11846

Can give quite a bit of recommendations, but need to know price range/likes/dislikes first. Lots of great things to do in Bmore. One word of advice, if the Aquaruim is on the to do list, make sure you do it early morning Saturday, after 11 place is wacked on the weekends.

BTW, here is best place in Baltimore if you are looking for fine dining

http://www.charlestonrestaurant.com/

I also never miss a chance to go the Cross Street Market in Federal Hill, which is very walkable(5 minutes) from the Inner Harbor, really just the next neighborhood over. Great place to go on a Saturday afternoon for some great seafood, at great prices, with VERY cheap beer, and a unique experience. HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend for late Saturday lunch. Plus, Federal a cool neighborhood to boot

http://www.yelp.com/biz/cross-street-market-baltimore

Awesome :thumbsup: Thanks for the help. Definitely looking to eat some good seafood. Aquarium is on the list so I appreciate the tip.

If you want to eat one of the BEST breakfasts you have ever had in your life, head on over to Miss Shirley's Cafe on Pratt Street:

http://www.missshirleys.com/

It is on the expensive side, but it is so worth it- and don't let the "Cafe" name mislead you- it is first class!

If you want to eat one of the BEST breakfasts you have ever had in your life, head on over to Miss Shirley's Cafe on Pratt Street:

http://www.missshirleys.com/

It is on the expensive side, but it is so worth it- and don't let the "Cafe" name mislead you- it is first class!

shoot bro, I have never heard of this place,being more of a DC guy, but that place looks awesome!!!

I don't know much about the city itself however if you like BBQ places and you plan on venturing out into the suburbs Andy Nelson's in Cockeysville is a great place to go.

You should be safe wearing your Bills gear. Steelers and Colts fans usually get the worst of it when coming here, but Bills fans are usually ok. Just don't be a jerk.

shoot bro, I have never heard of this place,being more of a DC guy, but that place looks awesome!!!

There are a lot of places in DC I have never heard of either, so no big deal. Baltimore is full of diners and other great spots for good eats... I'm a big Greek foodie, and if anyone wants some outstanding Greek food, let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Well being from Baltimore, I thought I could help you guys out a little bit.

The tail gaiting scene at M&T Bank is awesome. There is a walk way if you were coming from Camden Yards that is a very fun place to be. There are open bars on either side and vendors everywhere. You should most defiantly check it out! Pickles Pub!

Don't be afraid to wear your Bills colors. Us Ravens fans show a little southern hospitality and are always intrigued to talk to an opposing fan.(unless you're a steelers, colts, or patriots fan) Just don't be a jack ass.

You should check out the Canton night life one night. It is a great place to go bar hopping and meet some fun people. Fells Point is always another exciting place to go to.

If you are a history buff or just looking for something to see, you should check out Fort McHenry, a pretty fun tour and great place to check out.

The Inner Harbor is always one of the best things to do in the city. You can go to the National Aquariam, science center, and walk to m&t bank stadium. There are many restaurant choices down there as well. (ESPN Zone closed down! very upsetting)

Chaps Pit Beef has the best pit beef in Baltimore and has been on shows such as anthony bordains and man vs food. You must try their tiger sauce! (p.s. it's also in a strip club parking lot, so if thats your thing go for it.)

Be careful when driving at night, you can go from a nice neighborhood to one of the worst neighborhoods in the city. Be safe, don't make stupid arguments over parking spots. (alot of hotheads in this city.)

Hopefully it will be a good game! Good luck!