One football thing you were DEAD ASS wrong about

bartshan-83

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Bill, I think Tra Thomas went like 11th overall that year. We didn't pick till the 2nd but Flozell Adams was taken right before we took Cowart. As for my biggest boner, probably thinking Sullivan could get his head out of his ass.

Hey Bill, I think Tra Thomas went like 11th overall that year. We didn't pick till the 2nd but Flozell Adams was taken right before we took Cowart. As for my biggest boner, probably thinking Sullivan could get his head out of his ass.

150601[/snapback]

I always get the two confused. You are correct. Cleeland was taken with the next pick, and I was flipping out! :)

150601[/snapback]

along those lines...i thought Jerry Crafts would become the next Howard Ballard.

:)

along those lines...i thought Jerry Crafts would become the next Howard Ballard.

:)

150768[/snapback]

Remember Corey Loucheiy? I can now look back and laugh. Did he LOOK like a great RT or what? I remember being at RWS and watching him take the field. He just looked like a pure stud, ready to kick ass! He even went to Stanford, right? One would figure that he was smart and strong.

The problem was that he was unable to play football! :) Loucheiy was the equivalent of a LB built like Cornelius Bennet who sucked as a LB.

Wow, it is pleasure to watch Bills football players block a little for a change, isn't it? ;)

My most notable blunders this year

1. TD Sucks- Ya the verdict is still out but he looks pretty good of late

2. Start JP after the New England game- no talk of playoffs if we did that

3. Roy Williams sucks- He is hurt often but looks like he will be a good wide out

4. Why Gray over Dick. L ?- Gray has turned out to be a great DC this year

Remember Corey Loucheiy? I can now look back and laugh. Did he LOOK like a great RT or what? I remember being at RWS and watching him take the field. He just looked like a pure stud, ready to kick ass! He even went to Stanford, right? One would figure that he was smart and strong.

The problem was that he was unable to play football!  :)  Loucheiy was the equivalent of a LB built like Cornelius Bennet who sucked as a LB. 

Wow, it is pleasure to watch Bills football players block a little for a change, isn't it?  :)

150781[/snapback]

Forgot about Loucheiy. Add that one to my list, too. And J.D. Williams ("Great pick! That really solidifies our secondary...")

But to my credit, I never made the mistake of thinking Gabe Northern could play football. And I never made any sort of commitment to Lonnie Johnson either way...

Forgot about Loucheiy.  Add that one to my list, too.  And J.D. Williams ("Great pick!  That really solidifies our secondary...")

But to my credit, I never made the mistake of thinking Gabe Northern could play football.  And I never made any sort of commitment to Lonnie Johnson either way...

150867[/snapback]

That's Lonnie friggin' Johnson, to you.

I thought Big Ben would be a big bust. I was so certain of this that I was completely stressed out on draft day thinking the Bills might trade up for him - doh!

My fiance (a Cleveland Browns fan) is also not the best predictor of QB talent. He preferred Leaf over Manning and Harrington over Carr. He also thought Ben R. would bust.

Unfortunately, he also thinks Losman is going to be an awesome QB (and wanted him before the draft). With his track record on QBs, I'm a bit concerned.

I won't go back to previous years, but I'd have to say calling for Bledsoe's head after the Sunday night game against NE. I was so pissed at him after that game. But we wouldn't be hoping for playoffs right now if JP was put in for the next game.

I was wrong on

1. A KC/SEATTLE Superbowl this year :)

2. That The titans would make it to the afc championship. I believed they would be a better team with chris brown and tyrone calico(I still believe that, both calicos injured and brown is fragile)

3. That Ne couldn't possibly be better than they were last year.

4. That Phillip Rivers was gonna be the standard this year and for years to come. I still question how someone went from being a 3rd rd pick to a top overall pick in a month span. I have my doubts about him now

5. That the redskins would win the nfc east this year

I have a lot more things I was wrong about, but I figured I'd just keep it to this year instead of writting a book

I thought Big Ben would be a big bust.  I was so certain of this that I was completely stressed out on draft day thinking the Bills might trade up for him - doh!

My fiance (a Cleveland Browns fan) is also not the best predictor of QB talent.  He preferred Leaf over Manning and Harrington over Carr.  He also thought Ben R. would bust. 

Unfortunately, he also thinks Losman is going to be an awesome QB (and wanted him before the draft).  With his track record on QBs, I'm a bit concerned.

150959[/snapback]

Don't worry...law of averages. He's bound to get one right. :w00t: