Lynch Traded

Dante

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

for all u idiots who are excited just remember the bills cant get it right in the draft no how, 24 year old first round pick traded for a 4th rounder, ive seen so many good players come an go this is just stupid 18 years i've been a bills fan an im sad to say i've finally given up on my team i think i'll roll with the ravens deuces!

for all u idiots who are excited just remember the bills cant get it right in the draft no how, 24 year old first round pick traded for a 4th rounder, ive seen so many good players come an go this is just stupid 18 years i've been a bills fan an im sad to say i've finally given up on my team i think i'll roll with the ravens deuces!

Goodbye :thumbsup:

That conditional pick better (potentially) be a high one.

I don't trust Pete Carroll any further than I can throw him. He'll purposely hold Lynch out if he nears numbers that would 'up' the conditional pick. JMO

This is just so sad.. 'Nother 1st rounder gone for virtually nothing..:censored:

excuse me for what i'm about to do...

(Note to all you Lynch-bashers - better keep quiet when he 'lites it up' for the Seahawks.)

This.

Sorry. I just dont get the excitement in trading away a pro bowl rb. So the guy had a couple off the field issues... the city turns on him as per usual. What does that say about other players who might come here? Maybe pittsburg should unload their franchise pro-bowl qb because obviously in his absence they found capable qbs. Instead what will most likely happen is the team and city will embrace his return... oh well.

Good luck beast mode.

Ok people, stop and read the facts. A lot of people here are bashing the FO for trading Lynch for a 4th round pick.

Here's a snippet of one of the articles linked here.

Bolding by me;

Jay Glazer of FOX reports that the Seahawks have finagled Lynch from the Bills for a fourth-round pick in 2011 and a conditional pick in 2012.

A lot of posters I've read in this thread seem to think it's for a fourth rounder only. How about we lay off of the FO bashing until we find out what the conditional pick is. :wallbash:

Because we've seen conditional picks thrown into trades before, and it's almost always a 7th-rounder that could upgrade to a 6th-rounder. Especially when the value of the 4th-rounder is being reported. If it was "2 conditional picks," maybe one of them could be pretty high. When it's "a 4th-rounder and a conditional pick," typically the conditional pick is somewhat of a throw-in. I've definitely never seen a report of "an X-rounder and a conditional pick" where the conditional pick was able to even match the X pick.

And I'm sick of being told to wait before criticizing the Bills. I waited for 10 full years, thank you very much. Now I'm allowed to B word when I want about what I want, and those privileges don't get revoked until they make the playoffs.

With the way things ended up this isn't a terrible move, but if you take a step back and look at the bigger picture it's just another failure. Drafted the wrong guy, lost value for various reasons, left with what will potentially amount to a door prize.

This is a different front office who only has one draft, so we can only really tell how well they'll do based off the previous draft.

CJ Spiller - KO returns and about 10 offensive plays a game

Torrell Troup - sees limited time behind Kyle Williams

Alex Carrington - finally saw his first game last week

Marcus Easley - IR

Ed Wang - Injured and hasn't played yet

Arthur Moats - Converted DE to ILB and this past week converted to OLB, now injured for 2-3 weeks

Danny Batten - IR

Levi Brown - Didn't make the roster cuts and eventually resigned after releasing Edwards

Yeah... I don't really feel any better.

Told you he'd never go for anything less than a 4th.

What a terrible trade. One old man RB and one RB that can't touch it more than 10 times a game.

I hope we use our new 4th round pick to draft a running back!

Who was going to give up anything better than that for a RB who is one strike away from being suspended for an entire season? Two picks for a player who would be gone for nothing after this season!

I think they should trade Evans for a 5th. McKelvin for a another 4th and then draft DBs, lots of DBs. So when Jackson gets the ball this year and and gains 500 yards the whole season behind the feible five, everyone will complian about this. Honestly, I think ralph is slowly trying to get the lack of fan support he needs to move or sell the whole thing to LA or wherever. He has no ties to WNY. He has his Lions he can root for and Miami where he really wanted a team.

Good deal. This is a guy who didn't want to be here since last year when people got on his case about being a degenerate. His idea of responding to critcism from the media and from fans was to not speak to the media and act like a child. And I heard some people yesterday saying that Lynch was laughing and joking on the sidelines after funbling away the ball Sunday.

Sorry, but you don't build teams around guys like this. As far as I'm concerned, trading him for anything was more beneficial than letting him continue to infect the lockerroom and creating a culture of disinterest on the team.

Value isn't always the quantitative things you can see, like rushing yards, but also the qualitative things you can't see or measure, like heart, passion, desire and leadership and trading away someone who feels entitled to have his backside kissed and never face critcism is exactly the kind of message you have to send.

Lynch is talent wasted by a bad attitude. Good riddance.

So good on Nix and Co. for making statements these last couple weeks about the kinds of players you build around.

This.

Sorry. I just dont get the excitement in trading away a pro bowl rb. So the guy had a couple off the field issues... the city turns on him as per usual. What does that say about other players who might come here? Maybe pittsburg should unload their franchise pro-bowl qb because obviously in his absence they found capable qbs. Instead what will most likely happen is the team and city will embrace his return... oh well.

Good luck beast mode.

Your missing the point. The difference is that when busted by the cops and facing critcism, Roethlisberger didn't act like everyone was out to get him and like he did nothing wrong. He has been somehwta more contrite and apologetic. Lynch (and one time Pro Bowler, not a perennial, and I believe because someone else was injured so lets not anoint the guy as the next Chris Johnson) has acted like a child, refusing to speak to the media, skipping OTAs (voluntary or not, leaders and winners show up, losers like Lynch and Haynesworth don't).

He was an overrated RB who was never going to be happy hear because people were critical of him. Thinned skinned, entitled, momma's boys like him are worthless and he proved it.

Another 1st round pick squandered , at least we got some return value for him instead of just a handshake.

Now we get Fred Jackson back into the grove and use CJ as the Return for both Kicks and punts !

How is it squandered? We got two picks AND three years of running back miles. I like Marshawn, but we are not in a position to win in 2010, and if we can do anything to be better in 2011+ I am open to it. I think he certainly and obviously has a lot left in his tank, and enough that we could have considered passing on Spiller if there was someone of similar value there at #9 (or a good trade down). But having drafted BPA in Spiller and having three talented RBs on a talent devoid team, getting some value for one of them makes a lot of sense.

I would have rather seen him go on draft day or go for a higher pick, etc. But getting value for him now instead of less for him later is fine with me.

Having watched the Charger roster pretty closely while Buddy was in town, I think the more picks we have the faster this team gets better. I'm not really excited about what our 2010 picks are doing so far, but you can't judge everyone in their first year, so I will try to be patient and hope they turn out better than Maybin/McCargo/Losman/etc. It would be nice to see Troup/Carrington/Easley/Wang starting in 2011, and I to see more of some of them this season.

And this affects me how? I should care why? Unfortunately when the team turns around there will be room for the bandwagoners to come back!! :wallbash:

BTW, I think the FO wants a certain type of player on this team. Lynch wasn't around very much in the off season and is one shot away from a year suspension. I'll reserve total judgment until the second pick is announced but right now I like this. I'd rather they get the chemistry right and go from there.

For those who think Lynch is a bad player, he went to the pro bowl for cryin out loud. He sucked last year but looks good, so far this year. JMO

I really wish Bell was still on the the PS. They'll probably promote Anderson.

BTW, does anyone know if the Bills had to dump a player in order to reactivate Nelson? If so this does that.