Billick & Martz or Marty & Son - both were interested

Chuckknox

Martz is a total toolbox. Did you see that game last night? Keep throwing the ball, Mike. Frankly, he should be fired for that gameplan.

^ This. Another one of these "I'm smarter than you" guys who, in reality, doesn't have a clue.

My recollection is that Marty S.expressly stated that he had no interest in the coaching job with the Bills. Certainly Nix would have a relatioship with him from the Chargers, and Ralph from Marty's days as a Bills linebacker.

I think some of the regular TSW whiners are either misinformed, completely uninformed, or trying to rewrite the facts.

Edited by The Senator

Another stupid thread...do you actually think we would be any better right now with one of those coaches? We are void of talent, no amount of coaching was going to see us beat teams like GB, NE, and the Jets who are supremely more talented than us across the board. Miami we could have won IF we didnt have Trent as the QB that game, so maybe, just maybe we get that win if another one of those coaches didnt stick with Trent. But then again, Trent looked better in camp and preseason, so they may have had him in there too week 1.

yes...we would have been better with either of these coaches. Any moron would have seen the need to create an effective offensive line. Any moron would have seen that we didn't have the personnel for a 3-4. Any moron would have seen that we did not have a starting quarterback. Any moron would have been extremely active in free agency, kept TO and Incognito, Drafted an OT or two, signed a free agent like flozell, and done a good job to creat a winning program.

Frankly any moron owner would have hired either of these two over the guy we have.

I would've preferred some Marty Ball with Nix as the GM based on their previous relationship and the fact that I think Marty Ball would be a good way to successfully turn around this franchise. But as The Senator eluded to, I just don't think that Marty had any interest. Maybe he would've if he knew he was coming into a situation not as dire as what the Bills situation was because we know that Marty is a little long in the tooth.

I have faith that Gailey can get the job done, but it is akin to giving a man a screwdriver and asking him to change a tire.

If the do not put a few wins, we will be talking about this again in the offseason. Ralph will blow this up, one more time before he passes on (he does not have too long, so he may move fast this time)

would not matter who coached this team you need talent and the Bills are lacking in that department right now. :wallbash:

I believe Marty would have done a better job turning the franchise around. His sons would have come in as coordinators...it was too perfect a fit which is why it never happened.

Marty is a strong willed guy who would speak his opinion...you can't have that in ralph's house.

Why would you even think that, Finkle, when Marty has absolutely no record of turning teams around.

He didn't do it for the Browns...oh wait, yes he did.

Well, he didn't do it for the Chiefs...oh wait.

Well for damn sure he didn't do it for the Chargers because they...oh.

I believe Marty would have done a better job turning the franchise around. His sons would have come in as coordinators...it was too perfect a fit which is why it never happened.

Marty is a strong willed guy who would speak his opinion...you can't have that in ralph's house.

That could be why Marty didn't want the job. He new first hand from playing for Ralph the first go round how much of a num nuts he was when it came to football decisions. Seeing things first hand inside the team, couple that with his past actions such as firing if not the best football man ever in Bill Pollian - Marty saw the writing on the wall !!

After what Chan said on his interview last week after the game as far as talking to Ralph every week and telling him just what the team needs. Ralph will probably get all booty hurt & fire Chan too because I think Chan is truely trying to build a good team which is the opposite of what Ralph knows !!!

would not matter who coached this team you need talent and the Bills are lacking in that department right now. :wallbash:

It's scary to think that Jauron got 6/7 wins with mostly the same group. (minus the rt and T.O)

Edited by qwksilver

If the do not put a few wins, we will be talking about this again in the offseason. Ralph will blow this up, one more time before he passes on (he does not have too long, so he may move fast this time)

Brian Schottenheimer clearly came out and declined an interview with the Bills for the HC job and preferred to stay back as OC for the upcoming Jets.