MLB Playoffs Set To Go

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baseball is best when followed every day. That's why I switched to the Giants, easier to follow a team in the city where you live. I started following the Giants in spring training right after I moved here in 2009. I've tried to follow the Angels this year but the way I follow baseball watching when I can or just looking at the box score doesn't cut it for me.

You picked a good team to switch to, I always thought they had one of the nicest ball parks in the MLB that I have ever been to.

I used to live off of The Embarcadero almost right across the street from what was Pac Bell then. Loved being able to walk to games there and might have converted to a Giants fan myself if I didn't hate Barry Bonds so much. :devil:

I'd have to believe so. Although as of now, it says Pettitte.

I don't think there's any way you take the ball of Andy's hands. He's been great in his two starts in the off season. He was great until he got hurt this regular season.....I believe he's got more series clinching wins than anybody in history.

You picked a good team to switch to, I always thought they had one of the nicest ball parks in the MLB that I have ever been to.

I used to live off of The Embarcadero almost right across the street from what was Pac Bell then. Loved being able to walk to games there and might have converted to a Giants fan myself if I didn't hate Barry Bonds so much. :devil:

When I came home last night after the game I told my wife that I felt a closer bond to the Giants after just two seasons than I did after following the Angels for more than 25 years. The reason? I live in the city. For one year off the Embarcadero three blocks from the park and now about eight blocks from the park. In soCal I only spent 7 of those 25 years in the same county as the Angels and nowhere near the ball park. You get a certain attachment to the team when you drive by their park every day after work, shop at the grocery store right across the street, walk by it on walks on the weekend, see the banners, the crowds, the scalpers in your neighborhood. It's fun living in this city but it does have its drawbacks too.

Edited by Chef Jim

Why would it? He pitched 1 inning and it was his throwing day.

That move seemed like a bit of panic. I can't remember the last time I saw a starter pitch in relief when he still had another start in front of him that series.

That move seemed like a bit of panic. I can't remember the last time I saw a starter pitch in relief when he still had another start in front of him that series.

I think Charlie rightfully looked at it like a must win game. Oswalt was going to pitch more than an inning if it kept going. Throwing just that inning though won't jeopardize his Saturday start if they win tonight.

Not sure it matters. The tide of this series is all in favor of SF. There is not one aspect of the game that the Phils are playing better than the Giants.

When I came home last night after the game I told my wife that I felt a closer bond to the Giants after just two seasons than I did after following the Angels for more than 25 years. The reason? I live in the city. For one year off the Embarcadero three blocks from the park and now about eight blocks from the park. In soCal I only spent 7 of those 25 years in the same county as the Angels and nowhere near the ball park. You get a certain attachment to the team when you drive by their park every day after work, shop at the grocery store right across the street, walk by it on walks on the weekend, see the banners, the crowds, the scalpers in your neighborhood. It's fun living in this city but it does have its drawbacks too.

Makes sense to me. I was close enough to the stadium to be able to hear the crowd go crazy from my balcony the night Bonds broke McGuire's HR record and I definitely could feel the excitement surrounding that stadium every day when I passed it.

It didn't affect me the same way as you though. Probably because I am one of those evil Yankees fans whose corruption is too deep into my soul to be swayed regardless of living in the exact same environment as you.

:devil:

I did spend a lot of time there though so I at least supported that team with my money. Couldn't get enough of those garlic fries.

Edited by Metal Man

Close though. He pitched last night. So, Thursday night 1, Friday night 2 , Saturday night 3, pitch. But like someone else said he'll be ready if needed. I hope Hughes is HOT tomorrow!!

Same thing for the Yanks' bats.