Whitner “feels for the fans”

LGB

Donte Whitner told it like it was yesterday. "The worst game we ever played…”

Wait....I thought last week was the worst with the defense allowing 445 yards to New England…yesterday the Jets were held to only 444 yards. :rolleyes:

yeah, but don’t worry Bills fans, Whitner feels for us and is going to look at the film and see who wants to play and who doesn’t.

So expect big changes ahead. :rolleyes:

:bag:

It's better than hearing, " Well, I'm not a fan, so....blah blah blah".

wut, too soon???

The guy gives a shyt, and as much as he talks, it's refreshing to know a guy still has some pride in his work, good or bad.

And ya, I feel for us, too.

It's hard to blame a guy who is legitimately trying his hardest but just isn't really that good.

It wasn't his fault that the Bills failed to accurately evaluate his talent. Do you expect him to get on the podium and say, 'Jeez guys, I'm really not this good. You should really pick someone else and maybe look me up again in the 4th round'.

He is way different than Edwards, who you just always felt didn't give a damn and was always playing with an ulterior motive.

I think Donte deserves some slack and for the fans to realize that him being a huge reach and overpaid for his merely average skills aren't really his fault. Put the blame where it belongs.

Whitner is not particularly good, but you can tell these losses hurt him. He legitimately gives a damn, which is admirable.

He's like the kid who gets beaten up by the bully every day at school but just keeps getting back up and challenging him.

And if he were to ever try to punch back, he'd whiff like no other.

Whitner looks 3 steps behind on the field and I've watched him the last few games pull up short on punishing a player at the end of a play. I think he plays half hearted just like the rest of the bums on this team. He's out there collecting a paycheck and that's it.

I will give props to Fitzgerald yesterday. I thought he played to win and played hard. I liked his intensity on the field.

Wait....I thought last week was the worst with the defense allowing 445 yards to New England…yesterday the Jets were held to only 444 yards. :rolleyes:

yeah, but don’t worry Bills fans, Whitner feels for us and is going to look at the film and see who wants to play and who doesn’t.

I bet as soon as the press left the room, he ran to get his game check....and off to the bank he goes.

Hope he takes a great look at the film of the safety who red capes LT on his way to his 2nd TD.

The funny thing is, for all the **** he gets on this board, Whitner is one of 2 bills players that actually give a **** if we win or lose. (Fitzpatrick is the other). The remaining 51 players seem to be simply going through the motions, especially our new $6 million dollar man, chri$ kel$ay.

Edited by Ramius

Whitner is not particularly good, but you can tell these losses hurt him. He legitimately gives a damn, which is admirable.

He's like the kid who gets beaten up by the bully every day at school but just keeps getting back up and challenging him.

I'd like Whitner better if he spent less time tweeting and feeling, and more time tackling and batting away receptions.

Don't tell me how bad you feel, just execute better.

Whitner looks 3 steps behind on the field and I've watched him the last few games pull up short on punishing a player at the end of a play. I think he plays half hearted just like the rest of the bums on this team. He's out there collecting a paycheck and that's it.

Exactly. Sorry guys, I'm not impressed by Whitner feeling so bad and "calling himself out".

Show some hustle, show some hits, then talk.

I will give props to Fitzgerald yesterday. I thought he played to win and played hard. I liked his intensity on the field.

Agree. He also refused to call anyone out in his presser even though his receivers had a way bad case of the dropsies.

Just "I like the guys I play with and we're going to play better". I might think that's wishful, I do think it's good teammate talk.

I'd like Whitner better if he spent less time tweeting and feeling, and more time tackling and batting away receptions.

Don't tell me how bad you feel, just execute better.

Exactly. Sorry guys, I'm not impressed by Whitner feeling so bad and "calling himself out".

Show some hustle, show some hits, then talk.

Agree. He also refused to call anyone out in his presser even though his receivers had a way bad case of the dropsies.

Just "I like the guys I play with and we're going to play better". I might think that's wishful, I do think it's good teammate talk.

At least he's saying the right things this time. I liked his comment how they didn't lose focus because they never had it in the first place.

Paul Hamilton said that Whitner and maybe one other player in that locker room appeared mad after the game. His observation was that the players generally didn't seem to care. Perhaps that attitude is a holdover from the Dickie-J era, but you can't have that anywhere in this league.

Things will need to change...soon.

Donte Whitner told it like it was yesterday. "The worst game we ever played…"

yeah, but don't worry Bills fans, Whitner feels for us and is going to look at the film and see who wants to play and who doesn't.

Screw you dante you whiny B word. YOU are one of the biggest issues on this team.

At least he's saying the right things this time. I liked his comment how they didn't lose focus because they never had it in the first place.

Paul Hamilton said that Whitner and maybe one other player in that locker room appeared mad after the game. His observation was that the players generally didn't seem to care. Perhaps that attitude is a holdover from the Dickie-J era, but you can't have that anywhere in this league.

Things will need to change...soon.

Linky?

whitner said it's not about the money. Well Donte I'm sending you my tickets from the Jets game. I want a REFUND.

Nate Allen and Earl Thomas, two rookie safties who have played 4 career games have 3 interceptions already.

Donte Whitner has 4 career ints.

Donte, your bad angles, missed tackles, complete lack of ball skills and bad coverage are part of the problem so shut up and just play better.

The greatest preseason Pollyanna posts were those predicting a Pro Bowl year for LiL D...laughable! :sick:

The funny thing is, for all the **** he gets on this board, Whitner is one of 2 bills players that actually give a **** if we win or lose. (Fitzpatrick is the other). The remaining 51 players seem to be simply going through the motions, especially our new $6 million dollar man, chri$ kel$ay.

Correct. Whitner and Fitz and I will go with Poz too.

Afetr that forget it. Evans looked like he quit.

Correct. Whitner and Fitz and I will go with Poz too.

Afetr that forget it. Evans looked like he quit.

Who care's! If they care so much, where is the leadership? Why don't you see them barking at players on the sidelines and taking control of this sinking ship?

Poz was getting destroyed all game and making his tackles 8-10 yds downfield and we all saw Whitner's act.

First it was Donte and Poz are good players. Now it's they care? When there is nothing positive to point out about this team people just start making sh*t up around here! Are you out with Poz during the week? Are you at Nintendo tournaments at Lil D's house? What has Poz done or said that makes you think he cares? The dude plays completely uninspired F'ball, showing no passion or leadership at all and Twittner tweets. Big deal! :bag:

First of all, looks like he is emotional and cares. Secondly, he may not be a safety of the caliber of an Ed Reed or Polamalu but I have to wonder how many times he has to cover up for the inadequacies of our LBs. Lastly, the high draft position was not his fault. Looks like the experts were correct in that we reached for him at #8 but again, that is not something we need to slam him for.