Pray Andrew Luck declares for the draft

NewEra

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Mallet is a distant third to Locker and Locker is a distant second to Luck.

I agree in that lets hope Luck declares. If he is told he is going to be the 1st QB selected overall, I can't imagine he won't. But, the NFL is out retarding itself with this whole labor thing, so who knows what will happen.

Locker is incredibly mobile, but is more of a Tim Tebow than anything else. His mechanics are a lot better, but he has been missing open receivers left and right. You have to imagine that will be corrected, but he has really shot himself in the foot a couple of times tonight.

Mallett might be a Chad Henne type QB at some point, but the guys stats overshadow his significant shortcomings. He's not mobile, he has poor mechanics and is generally inaccurate. If you want to be a QB in the NFL and you aren't named Peyton Manning or Tom Brady, you better be able to create some plays on your own by moving out of the pocket. Mallet is incapable of doing that.

Anyways, I'm all for Luck. He's a Matt Ryan type guy. In terms of pure athleticism, Locker is your guy. But, he has missed some big time throws and he plays in the exact opposite of a pro system. I think he will be a few years away from competing after getting drafted and the Bills will likely need someone to step in right away (though I think they should consider having a veteran groom the rookie). Mallett isn't anywhere close and I expect his stock to fall after the season.

Very nice assessment. I'm laying in bed drunk after a long day of work. Too tired to put in that much effort, but if I did, I'd right what you wrote. Locker, eh. Mallet, eh. I don't view either as 1st round Qbs. Def not franchise qbs that can turn a team around. Luck could, imo

Unfortunately, Luck is going to break everyone's heart in January when he doesn't declare. In the articles I've read about him, he's been consistent about wanting to graduate before moving on. His family is well off and cares too much about education for him to leave, imo.

Not sure if any of you are watching the Stanford / Oregon shootout, but Luck's had a great game. I love the fact that he made the TD-saving tackle on the fumble. The Stanford defense let Oregon back in and Oregon's leading, so I'm really interested to see Luck play from behind in a big game like this.

Just got sacked. What is it with Stanford QBs? :rolleyes: Okay - you had to expect that from a Cal guy. That said, I'm still hopeful that Luck's our man next year (if there's football...)

Not sure if any of you are watching the Stanford / Oregon shootout, but Luck's had a great game. I love the fact that he made the TD-saving tackle on the fumble. The Stanford defense let Oregon back in and Oregon's leading, so I'm really interested to see Luck play from behind in a big game like this.

Just got sacked. What is it with Stanford QBs? :rolleyes: Okay - you had to expect that from a Cal guy. That said, I'm still hopeful that Luck's our man next year (if there's football...)

Luck is not from California.

Oh, and Stanford isn't "letting" Oregon's offense do anything. Oregon's offense is this explosive all the time.

Edited by Sisyphean Bills

Only issue I have with Luck is arm strength and his ability to throw down the field with accuracy

Those are critical abilities for an NFL qb. I'm watching the game now and he's staring down his receivers, throwing up ducks. If Oregon's db's could catch he'd have at least three int's. He's no savior.

As I step back and watch the college games that have been played so far here is my take:

Adrew Luck is by far the best QB and has the best potential coming out this year. I was a little skeptic at first cause we dont score too good with Stanford players.

I praised Ryan Mallett earlier too but after seeing him get interviewed after the Georgia game he reminded me of Ryan Leaf (No Way we want a Leaf look alike)

I also praised Jerrod Johnson from Texas A&M. I am an Aggies football fan and I like his grit but if we take him we live and die by the sword there is no in between. He can make all the throws and he was hitting all those out throws on Thursday night no matter how far and on the money. But as I watched him closer he reminded me of Byron Leftwich a career backup in the pros.

I really can't say anything about Locker just that I really think he is over rated like Russell was. Big arm (wow).

Mallet is a distant third to Locker.

It's impossible for me to put into words how much I disagree with that statement...I think you're WAY underestimating Mallett's potential...He's only a Jr. He's gotten better every year...I think when you look at the way Alabama is throttling Florida tonight it's a testament to how good Mallett has become (the way he played vs. Alabama's D at times last week)...I don't think Mallett is a finished product by any means...And he certainly has his limitations as a scrambler...But in the end I think he's every bit as good a Prospect as say...Joe Flacco...And Flacco is a million time better than anything we've seen in Buffalo for a while now...I don't think there is any way the Bills would pass on Mallett if they get a chance to draft him in 2011...Unless Luck is available of coarse...And even then I'm sure there will be a discussion...I'm not saying Mallett is the next coming either...I'm just saying he's a better Pro Prospect than Locker, and The Bills are going to consider him intensely... B-)

Luck is not from California.

Oh, and Stanford isn't "letting" Oregon's offense do anything. Oregon's offense is this explosive all the time.

He (the poster you replied to) went to Cal (I'm guessing based on his user name). He's the Cal guy.

Regarding Luck...he appears to see the field really well and he has decent pocket presence.

Edited by Beerball

Unfortunately, Luck is going to break everyone's heart in January when he doesn't declare. In the articles I've read about him, he's been consistent about wanting to graduate before moving on. His family is well off and cares too much about education for him to leave, imo.

I cant help but think that he would consider leaving, then go "Do I really want to play for Buffalo?"

Yea, Ill stay...

It's impossible for me to put into words how much I disagree with that statement...I think you're WAY underestimating Mallett's potential...He's only a Jr. He's gotten better every year...I think when you look at the way Alabama is throttling Florida tonight it's a testament to how good Mallett has become (the way he played vs. Alabama's D at times last week)...I don't think Mallett is a finished product by any means...And he certainly has his limitations as a scrambler...But in the end I think he's every bit as good a Prospect as say...Joe Flacco...And Flacco is a million time better than anything we've seen in Buffalo for a while now...I don't think there is any way the Bills would pass on Mallett if they get a chance to draft him in 2011...Unless Luck is available of coarse...And even then I'm sure there will be a discussion...I'm not saying Mallett is the next coming either...I'm just saying he's a better Pro Prospect than Locker, and The Bills are going to consider him intensely... B-)

Agreed. Locker is a 3rd round prospect at MAX at this point - and that is on potential alone.

He needs to go to a team that will keep him 3rd of the depth chart for 3-4 years. Maybe the Colts/Eagles/Pats/Texans. SOme team that wont have to think about playing him for a WHILE.

Well, now you saw it. A 52-31 blowout, after being up 28-3. Zero points in the second half. Looks like Luck shot his load in the first half, and choked at clutch time in his first big game this season.

Stay in school Andy - finish your degree and get another year of playing experience. A Stanford degree is invaluable, and the NFL will be here after you graduate. (Kid's 21 years old, in his sophomore season, ferchrissakes - he's got no business playing in the NFL next season.)

Edited by The Senator