Simmons' article on Vick

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmonsnfl2010/101001

Couldn't have said it any better. That's why I'm not a sportswriter for ESPN I guess. Hopefully some of the nuts out there can read this and look at the whole situation a little differently. My guess is that you will still picture a cute puppy and despise the man, but still eat veal without blinking an eye. Peace.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The wife is right. Anyone as a grown humanbeing that willfully does that to animals has a very dark side to them that is part of the core of his character. He can talk about being changed and all that BS, but he reminds me of the Turtle and the Scorpion story and he is definately a scorpion.

A c*cksucking piece about Michael Vick? Unreal.

Vick should NOT be in the NFL. He is a terrible person and it would be nice if people treated the NFL as a privilege. He gets cheered by millions of fans every week. He gets paid millions of dollars.

Yeah, some punishment.

Screw Vick. He didn't just kill dogs. He tortured them in ways that are unthinkable.

A c*cksucking piece about Michael Vick? Unreal.

Vick should NOT be in the NFL. He is a terrible person and it would be nice if people treated the NFL as a privilege. He gets cheered by millions of fans every week. He gets paid millions of dollars.

Yeah, some punishment.

Screw Vick. He didn't just kill dogs. He tortured them in ways that are unthinkable.

No he didn't. He hung them and he electrocuted them. He didn't give them the Chinese water torture. He didn't turn them into dog centipedes.

No he didn't. He hung them and he electrocuted them. He didn't give them the Chinese water torture. He didn't turn them into dog centipedes.

he took (at least) one by a leash and swung it around, bashing it against the ground over and over, until it was dead.

he then took the FAMILY DOG, and FED IT to the fighting dogs to show what mean dogs he had.

!@#$ MICHAEL VICK

I've said it before and say it again. Any human being that can drown a dog with his bare hands is one evil mother !@#$er.

true, ok, this thread is actually getting me riled up, i just need to stay out of it.

he's a piece of ****.

He also had rape stands (metal stands that lock the females in place for rape) to force mating. He also taught the vicious ones to fight by having them attack found (ie stolen) house pets. He also beat dogs to death with his hands.

GOOOOOOOOO Vick Woohooo! E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES.

Edited by Peace

shrug. they're animals. not people. i suppose all you animal activists don't eat beef, or chicken, right? because how those animals are raised and slaughtered are inhumane. get over yourselves. he did his crime, and he did his time.

He also had rape stands (metal stands that lock the females in place for rape) to force mating. He also taught the vicious ones to fight by having them attack found (ie stolen) house pets. He also beat dogs to death with his hands.

GOOOOOOOOO Vick Woohooo! E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES.

If that's true then I stand corrected.

However, I still agree with Simmons. The guy obviously wasn't raised in Williamsville, NY by two loving parents who were high school sweethearts like me. He clearly didn't have the values of right and wrong instilled in him as a kid.

By the way, you guys may want to look up how veal is produced, it's actually quite insane.

"feel good story of the year?"

horse crap.

I think its really hilarious that the Eagles organization gave him their award for "courage" last year. Courage for what?

I believe he should have a chance to play in the NFL. However I will never root for him. I would be happier if his career ended prematurely and he ended up burning through all his money.

The guy needs to do something really profound and selfless in order for me to give him a chance. I havent seen him do anything but go through the motions to get that NFL salary flowing in.

Edited by May Day 10

horse crap.

I think its really hilarious that the Eagles organization gave him their award for "courage" last year. Courage for what?

It took a lot of courage to return to cheering fans and millions of dollars. I bet you wouldn't have the guts to do it.

I find it amazing what people place value in. Vick is a scum bag - anyone who intentionally hurts animals should be captured and punished. Having said that - they are just that....animals.....dogs.....we should and do care what idiots like Vick do them; not only for the unnecessary hurt they do to the animal, but more so because of what is says about us as people if we allow that to go on unchecked.

Having said that, I am even more deeply disturbed by the LACK of condemnation for people like Antonio Cromartie, and our former "star on the crown of humanity," Travis Henry....The league is rampant with their's and other's stories of fathering (and I use that term very loosely) literally dozens of children, making millions, and not even providing basic support of housing, food, and clothing. What does the NFL and all the other self-righteous dog-lovers say about that...."Is he available as a free agent?....Do we have cap room?........" I don't defend Vick....I'll let his rehab play itself out whether it's sincere or not, but the other Neanderthals that father children and do leave, what does that say about us to allow that to go without accountability but condem a man over dogs!!!! In my world, people, children, are maybe just a step or two above dogs!!

horse crap.

I believe he should have a chance to play in the NFL. However I will never root for him. I would be happier if his career ended prematurely and he ended up burning through all his money.

The guy needs to do something really profound and selfless in order for me to give him a chance. I havent seen him do anything but go through the motions to get that NFL salary flowing in.

agreed with your entire post.

If that's true then I stand corrected.

However, I still agree with Simmons. The guy obviously wasn't raised in Williamsville, NY by two loving parents who were high school sweethearts like me. He clearly didn't have the values of right and wrong instilled in him as a kid.

By the way, you guys may want to look up how veal is produced, it's actually quite insane.

Bull Ess. He didn't know it was wrong to treat dogs like that? Give me a break. Sure, his background was rougher than yours but that's no excuse. At some point, you decide to do the wrong thing. Over. and over and over and over.

To the people who keep comparing this to food, you're insane. Lots of meat is produced in an inhumane way (why I don't eat it). But we don't honor the people who torture chickens by paying them millions of dollars and putting them on national TV.

Vick is a monster who paid the legal price. I have no problem with him rejoining society after that. I have a HUGE problem that he is in the NFL. It is an honor to perform for millions and make those millions. Screw him.

shrug. they're animals. not people. i suppose all you animal activists don't eat beef, or chicken, right? because how those animals are raised and slaughtered are inhumane. get over yourselves. he did his crime, and he did his time.

I don't eat beef or chicken. And I happen to think Vick is scum.

And Bill Simmons' moral arguments do not hold water in my opinion. Vick and his partners knew perfectly well that what they were doing was illegal and they knew what the public reaction would be. That's why they took measures to hide their actions and then lie about it when it was found out. And the whole "we all love us some delicious veal, so let's not judge dogfighting" argument is ridiculous. That's just misdirection.

Should someone like this be given a second chance? Maybe. Vick is getting his. I don't disagree with that. It's just that I don't like the guy. I look at his eyes when he says that he sees the error of his ways and he now loves animals. I don't believe it. I think he's lying. I think he's doing what his paid PR team tells him to so he can have what he wants. I think he regrets getting caught and that's it.