Who’s the worst sports journalist?

whodat

With all the crapola that passes for journalism these days, maybe it is time for those columnists, bloggers & radio heads who have excused themselves for what they have lambaste in others be so duly noted for such under-whelming, dubious, loosely opinioned if not misinformed and work generally bereft of reality be recognized critically if not satirically.

I therefore suggest and appeal to all members that we create The Stadium Wall first annual top ten dipstick journo-list. A preseason favored list and the season ending list with the season winner receiving the coveted DikHed award. There might even be a virtual ceremonial banquet to celebrate the occasion.

At the Top of my list: Peter King, Schopp and Bulldog, Bob Mathews, Tim Graham, Jerry Sullivan (if other is included I would put head butting, finger pointing fred dicker in first place)

John Clayton boils my blood. He always seems to be talking out his rear. And I am sorry the way he stares into the camera after making his point seems really creepy to me.

On the other side of the coin, the one TV broadcaster I can't stand is Phil Simms, ESPECIALLY when he calls Patriot games. His love affair with Tom Brady is just plain embarrassing...

I'm sure there are lots of horrible small time writers out there, but two high profile ones from NYC that stick out for me:

Mike Lupica -- whiny, sanctimonious, jagoff with the world's worst Napoleon complex. A very, very poor man's version of Rick Reilly.

Bill Rhoden -- one trick pony with his endlessly tired ramblings about how everything and everyone is racist. Made even worse by his incoherent writing style. And if you've heard him speak, that's even more painful.

John Clayton boils my blood. He always seems to be talking out his rear. And I am sorry the way he stares into the camera after making his point seems really creepy to me.

Agreed. Forgot about him, he is pretty creepy. How in the world did he get a tv job and in sports yet. Can you imagine that guy asking Lou Saban a question in the locker room after a game. I can see him in a John Waters movie though.

I would say Sully, but he really isn't a journalist as much as he is a commentator/talking head/pundit (bad one albeit) so I'm going to vote Peter King. Lazy and repeats himself in most pieces he does. Never original and just pukes out the conventional wisdom Shameless homer to boot.

Its a trick question. There are no Sports Journalists.

Mort - For his obsession with Donahoe

Sullivan - For not being able to take a stand on any given topic.

Mathews - Plain annoying.

Clayton - That squeaky voice ......

Jim Rome and Rick Reilly in a tie. Both are smug, arrogant, and full of themselves.

Jim Rome is an arrogant little sh@^. Also, I don't know if he is still doing anything but Chuck DICKerson was the worst. Schopp and Bulldog are unlistenable any more.