Mike Leach has a take on QB's coming out

zow2

I heard him this morning interviewed on the radio. Not that his opinion matters, but it was interesting to hear his thoughts on this crop of college QB's pro potential. He is still very high in Mallett...says that Alabama is a different animal this year and his performace against them won't knock him down from #1. Thinks Jake Locker has proven nothing and does not see any leadership in him either, doesn't like him. He has not seen Andrew Luck really prove himself yet either, wasn't too high on him at the moment. Says Colin Kaepernick of Nevada should be getting the hype because he thinks this guy will be an excellent pro. So there ya go...another opinion from a guy that may know something about QB's (but last i checked is Graham Harrell even in the NFL?)

It's funny how (last year) everyone was talking about what a sweet crop of Qb's will be available to draft this coming offseason, however, it now appears that there is more negativity and questions surrounding these dudes versus your typical crop. Mallett seems to be holding his own (sort of), but the other two... I'm not excited at the prospects.

Don't let The Senator see this!

:lol:

Too late. Mallett's our guy!

Link - RYAN MALLETT: THE PUNISHER STANDS ALONE

What Arkansas fans should care about most is that Summer of Mallett is perhaps the first genuinely badass quarterback to line up under center for the Razorbacks in the modern era, a missile-hurling deathapult with an opportunity this weekend to singlehandedly take down the best football team in America for the past year and a half, the Alabama Crimson Tide....

He is something that, even when Bobby Petrino finds the next living avatar of his offensive genius, will stand as being unique: a gigantic, outsized savant-Sasquatch of a quarterback with an arm capable of passing exceeding the word passing. Ballistics might be a better term, particularly when he begins lobbing balls down the test range a piece.

Edited by The Senator

It's funny how (last year) everyone was talking about what a sweet crop of Qb's will be available to draft this coming offseason, however, it now appears that there is more negativity and questions surrounding these dudes versus your typical crop. Mallett seems to be holding his own (sort of), but the other two... I'm not excited at the prospects.

Don't forget all of the hype about the QBs that were part of this recent draft class. Bradford, Clausen, McCoy, Tebow, Pike, LeFevour, Snead, etc. were being talked up ad nauseum. Time will tell, but with the exception of Bradford and the unexpected Tebow move, it appeared that teams weren't as high on that crop as the media was.

Don't forget all of the hype about the QBs that were part of this recent draft class. Bradford, Clausen, McCoy, Tebow, Pike, LeFevour, Snead, etc. were being talked up ad nauseum. Time will tell, but with the exception of Bradford and the unexpected Tebow move, it appeared that teams weren't as high on that crop as the media was.

Yeah Mallett's the 'Bradford' of this year's crop, only better - after that it's a HUGE drop-off, probably all the way to the 2nd round.

Ryan Mallett sucks balls guys... he has very slow feet. He would get destroyed behind this O-line.

News flash - he wouldn't be playing behind this O-line. He'd be playing behind next season's O-line, or the season after that.

(BTW, did you notice how much better this o-line magically became sans Trent?)

News flash - he wouldn't be playing behind this O-line. He'd be playing behind next season's O-line, or the season after that.

(BTW, did you notice how much better this o-line magically became sans Trent?)

I didn't.

I did notice, though, how much better this o-line became when they played a crappy d-line instead of the good ones we played the first two weeks. When they play a good defense and still protect well, then I'll be a believer.

Guest dog14787

I heard him this morning interviewed on the radio. Not that his opinion matters, but it was interesting to hear his thoughts on this crop of college QB's pro potential. He is still very high in Mallett...says that Alabama is a different animal this year and his performace against them won't knock him down from #1. Thinks Jake Locker has proven nothing and does not see any leadership in him either, doesn't like him. He has not seen Andrew Luck really prove himself yet either, wasn't too high on him at the moment. Says Colin Kaepernick of Nevada should be getting the hype because he thinks this guy will be an excellent pro. So there ya go...another opinion from a guy that may know something about QB's (but last i checked is Graham Harrell even in the NFL?)

Graham Harrell is on the practice squad of one of the best teams in the NFL for scouting QB's, the Packers.

Edited by dog14787

a gigantic, outsized savant-Sasquatch of a quarterback with an arm capable of passing exceeding the word passing. Ballistics might be a better term, particularly when he begins lobbing balls down the test range a piece.

This may be the most awesome fragment/sentence combo I've ever read.

Who cares, he is a college coach, who has never had a QB in the NFL as anything more than a 3rd stringer, no matter how great his numbers were. He has no idea what it takes for a QB to succeed in the pros.

Ryan Mallett sucks balls guys... he has very slow feet. He would get destroyed behind this O-line.

This is my concern with Mallett too. We really need to solidify our o-line, especially if we have a rookie QB who does not have the quickness to avoid the rush. I'm not suggesting he has to have wheels like a Steve Young or Donovan McNabb, but he has to have some mobility to step up and avoid the rush. If Mallett is like a young Bledsoe then I am not so sure I want him. I am leaning to Andrew Luck right now, but I don't have the knowledge to know if he's the best college QB for the Bills.

This is my concern with Mallett too. We really need to solidify our o-line, especially if we have a rookie QB who does not have the quickness to avoid the rush. I'm not suggesting he has to have wheels like a Steve Young or Donovan McNabb, but he has to have some mobility to step up and avoid the rush. If Mallett is like a young Bledsoe then I am not so sure I want him. I am leaning to Andrew Luck right now, but I don't have the knowledge to know if he's the best college QB for the Bills.

Come on the boy is 6'7" 238 he is bigger then Maybin who is going to hurt him?

Mallet is NOT like the Bledsoe that was on the Bills, at the tail-end of his career. Mallet can, and knows how to, move around and slide in the pocket to buy himself time. When you hear the Bledsoe comparison, think of rookie Bledsoe, not Bills Bledsoe.

Definitely my top choice for QB for next year.

Mike Leach is basically the Mike Martz of college football... offensive genius but an a-hole.

That and I like Mallett best as well, I would be very happy w/ a young drew bledsoe

I dunno, I like his raw abilities but bledsoe-esq abilities are not the qualities of today's great QB's. I thought the 'Bama game exposed a slow-footed,non evasive QB whose gonna need to learn how to adapt more Marino/Brady like abilities IMHO.