Jets tried to sign Edwards for inside information

LGB

It's a pretty sleazy move by New Jersey's blowbag of a head coach, who did the same thing last season the week before the Jets played NE* -

Jets may have upper hand over Patriots because of backup Kevin O'Connell

(and New Jersey ended up winning that one 16-9)

I think it's hysterical, though, that the only two teams that put a claim on Edwards just happen to be our next two opponents. After that, Trent gets a week off - then heads to B-more for a week, then KC...man, dude's gonna rack up some FF miles! B-)

Not surprising. Not immoral. These teams are in competition afterall and I would hope the Bills would try to do something similar. In industry, companies try to sign each other's talent all the time.

Maybe NFL franchises should begin using non-disclosure agreements with their players and coaches but that is probably unrealistic for many reasons.

Quite frankly, there should be a NFL rule blocking signings of cut/waived/released players to the next team, two or three up on the cutting/waiving/releasing teams schedule.

OR... the signing team should be impossed with a mandatory 2-yr contract to sign that player.

We can't have fatholes like Rex and Mr. Personality signing dudes just for the info.

I dont have a problem in general with Jets doing this ... unless they were just going to toss him to the wind after the game and not really give him a chance. That's selfishy messing with the guy's career. Otherwise if the Jets pulled it off, the blame really should fall on the Bills for releasing him the week of an upcoming division game.

I don't see this as sleazy at all. It's a strategy as old as the NFL, or as old as me at least. I can remember HOF coaches Tom Landry and George Allen doing this in the 1960s and 1970s. In fact, I always though Jauron was a moron for not picking up some guy cut by our first opponent. That's the way Tom Landry always did it.

Even if it "messed with Trent's career" I'm sure he would be compensated nicely for it.