As a long time season ticket holder, and for the first time ever...

Lv-Bills

After the Kelsay contract announcement, I just felt ridiculous being a fan. I have my computer in my garage in which I turned into a Bills and Sabres room. I looked around at all the things I have in the room and the thousands of dollars I've spent on memorabilia, fatheads, helmets, jersey's, etc. Heck even my computer is made out of an old Bills helmet grill top and plays the shout song when it boots up. I turned around and looked at all this stuff and felt like a darn fool.

It's like being the last one to find out something embarrassing. And then realizing how foolish you must have looked to everyone that knew. I am truly ashamed at this point.

I think about the countless pissing contests I've gotten into with every negative fan, and that moron Wawrow. All to have them be right. I'm the one that's wrong for being optimistic.

I live in Charlotte NC, and my neighbor is a die hard Steelers fan. He had to give up the NFL ticket this year so he came over to watch the Bills game with me and my two cousins just to watch some ball and check in on his Steelers game. He's a defensive coordinator for a reputable local high school football team, so I wanted him to teach me more about what kind of defense we're trying to run. The whole time he's like this number 90 is terrible, he's constantly in the wrong position and you could tell he's not athletic enough to do what the scheme is asking of him. Before the game ended I had to to admit reports are the guy is getting extended.

I'm seriously considering backing off of my love for my beloved Bills. I still have an opportunity to deter my 4 and 5 year old boys away from this junk.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alot worse than being the worst team in the NFL? Having the worst QBs in the league? The worst owner in the league. The worst offensive line in the league? Please explain?

How about no team? How about an owner swoops in to buy the Bills and keep them in Buffalo. Then a year later he decides to move them Oklahoma City? Don't think it can happen? Ask the Seattle Supersonics ...

Things can always get worse.

How about no team? How about an owner swoops in to buy the Bills and keep them in Buffalo. Then a year later he decides to move them Oklahoma City? Don't think it can happen? Ask the Seattle Supersonics ...

So I guess the question is which is worse, a house that has been burning down for ten years now and taking all your fond memories with it or no house at all? Tough choice. So we should all be happy with the crappiest team and organization in the NFL because if we aren't they might move? Wow.

Edited by billsfreak

I know this is going out on a limb, but i am still optimistic on this team. They are reminding me greatly of the Tampa team first year Dungy got there. And as hard as it is to believe, they were thought of as even more inept and snakebiten than our beloved bills are now.

Just remember, if you buy into these power poll things, after this week we will have played 4 of the top 10 teams in the league by most accounts. Add in the fact we were implementing new offense, a whole new defensive scheme, and what were people expecting?? So far, two of the games could have gone either way, so progress is being made i believe. Even if we drop to 0-4, I really believe we will get better every week, as we saw from week 2 to week 3. Now we get to play a big boy D this week and it will tell us if it was just the Pats D that stinks, or we are truly getting better.

As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I believe the O-Line by game 8 will have about 16 games together, and outside of RT think they will become a strength of the team. Once we are able to establish not only the run, but the ability to throw a pass over 7 yards, i think they will look even better.

Now, I am not saying the Bills are going to the playoffs, but I can see them playing .500 ball the rest of the way, all the while getting crazy points cause the perception is locked in that the Bills suck.

Going back to the Tampa analogy, I remember everyone saying nothing changed, Dungy just as bad as Wyche, they will always be the sad sack Bucs. But about 1/3 way through that year,after the killer part of their schedule was finished, they started to get competitive in and win some games. I watched them closey as I had their RB as starter on FF. And, by game 10 that year was killing it betting them ATS, as people were locked into the perception they sucked.

Thats my story and I am sticking to it :thumbsup:

Edited by plenzmd1

So we should all be happy with the crappiest team and organization in the NFL because if we aren't they might move?

I didn't say you should be happy. Only you have control over that. I just said don't be so sure that a new owner is going to come in on a shiny white stead and turn the Bills into world beaters. Sometimes new owners can be worse than what you have no matter how bad the current ownership is. Are you saying that's not true?

I didn't say you should be happy. Only you have control over that. I just said don't be so sure that a new owner is going to come in on a shiny white stead and turn the Bills into world beaters. Sometimes new owners can be worse than what you have no matter how bad the current ownership is. Are you saying that's not true?

I don't think I ever said anything about a white stead or world beaters, but if one does come in, it can't realistically be any worse than it is now. When you are at the very bottom and a change at top occurs, the odds are somethings will change, and on the very bottom there is only one way to go-UP!

I respect what Ralph has done in his lifetime. Period. He's been a great business man, and he's the only owner of our Buffalo Bills. Kudos Ralph. I'm not a Ralph basher. I kinda just went with what he's ever done. Great.

After today, with the Kelsay deal, I've pretty much lost all hope, and I don't respect anyone in the organization. I can't enjoy anything they do, because I don't believe in them. The person I respect most is Chan Gailey, as odd as that seems.

However, this organization is without direction. Period. They don't do anything well. They suck at customer service. Even with the uniforms, they find ways to screw up everything. It's just one thing after another. They don't get along with the local media because their feelings are hurt because they get bashed, in which they should.

It just seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. It's awful. For the first time ever, I wish Ralph would sell the team, so I can find out already whether or not the team will remain in Buffalo and have a competent front office. I'm ready to gamble, even though I believe the Bills will move. I'm ready to take the chance and find out.

This post really means nothing, except to say that I've been beaten down so bad by this organization that I'm ready to find out if the grass is greener on the other side.

Please do us a favor Ralph and move on. Sell the team to someone who will keep it in Buffalo, we'll build you a statue, and give us our damn team and dignity back.

Buffalo Bills tickets right now are worthless, and there's no end in sight. It's one bad move after another. If it honestly wasn't the best tailgating city in the NFL, I don't think anyone would go anymore. We all love to see our friends, and the atmosphere that FANS create. It would sure just be nice if the friggin Bills would do something to actually add to the NFL experience again.

I know what you mean. I am a long time fan and I really appreciate Ralph for what he did bringing a team here and keeping it here.

The team needs a new direction and they need a fresh start with competent leadership that focuses on winning football games.

If Ralph dies and the team is sold to the highest bidder then say good Buffalo. I just don't think that is what Ralph wants. What kind of legacy is that? If he wants them to stay then he should relinquish control now, sell the team to a Buffalo based consortium, and still be allowed to be on the Board of Directors as a minority shareholder.

Does the NFL have rules against that? I do believe that they have to approve a change in ownership.

I know this is going out on a limb, but i am still optimistic on this team. They are reminding me greatly of the Tampa team first year Dungy got there. And as hard as it is to believe, they were thought of as even more inept and snakebiten than our beloved bills are now.

Just remember, if you buy into these power poll things, after this week we will have played 4 of the top 10 teams in the league by most accounts. Add in the fact we were implementing new offense, a whole new defensive scheme, and what were people expecting?? So far, two of the games could have gone either way, so progress is being made i believe. Even if we drop to 0-4, I really believe we will get better every week, as we saw from week 2 to week 3. Now we get to play a big boy D this week and it will tell us if it was just the Pats D that stinks, or we are truly getting better.

As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I believe the O-Line by game 8 will have about 16 games together, and outside of RT think they will become a strength of the team. Once we are able to establish not only the run, but the ability to throw a pass over 7 yards, i think they will look even better.

Now, I am not saying the Bills are going to the playoffs, but I can see them playing .500 ball the rest of the way, all the while getting crazy points cause the perception is locked in that the Bills suck.

Going back to the Tampa analogy, I remember everyone saying nothing changed, Dungy just as bad as Wyche, they will always be the sad sack Bucs. But about 1/3 way through that year,after the killer part of their schedule was finished, they started to get competitive in and win some games. I watched them closey as I had their RB as starter on FF. And, by game 10 that year was killing it betting them ATS, as people were locked into the perception they sucked.

Thats my story and I am sticking to it :thumbsup:

The Miami and NE games weren't in doubt. We had no offensive threat at all against Miami. I never once thought the Bills had any chance to pull that game out. Never.

The New England game was the same thing, but opposite of Miami. I had no confidence at all we would win that game. We had no chance at stopping New England, and everyone knew Buffalo would eventually make a mistake or two. It happened. Just like the last decade of Bills teams. Those games were close in score only. Neither one of them was ever in doubt for the winning team.

As inept as the Bills were on offense vs. Miami, they were equally as bad on defense vs. New England. If anything, those two teams played down to our level which often happens when good teams play teams like the Bills.

This team sucks.

It can't get worse than it is now. No way, shape or form. This is awful. Period. And like my original post, I'm ready to find out the future of this team. I'm ready to roll the dice and see if a new owner is going to keep them in Buffalo or not.

Yes, it's that brutal. And remember, if you need proof of how bad it is, the non-sellouts will start next week vs. Jax. There will also be more Steeler fans here T-giving weekend than Bills fans. It's going to get ugly, and soon.

Nope. The OP has it right. There is no hope as long as Wilson owns the team. At this point, we're just waiting for the inevitable to come to Ralph -- and at that point, we'll find out whether we're going to have a team going forward. But given how bad the team is and has been over the past decade, I agree with the OP -- I'd rather find out now whether they're staying under new ownership or moving, rather than suffer through another X years of purgatory.

Nope. The OP has it right. There is no hope as long as Wilson owns the team. At this point, we're just waiting for the inevitable to come to Ralph -- and at that point, we'll find out whether we're going to have a team going forward. But given how bad the team is and has been over the past decade, I agree with the OP -- I'd rather find out now whether they're staying under new ownership or moving, rather than suffer through another X years of purgatory.

It's a shame too, but I've never thought this way until now. It's almost as if I'm ready to accept them leaving if they are going to do so. Of course, I don't want them too, but I'm ready to find out. I mean, putting money into this crap for another five years until Ralph dies is just not appealing to me anymore. It's become a joke.

Let's roll the dice and get it over with. Yeah, it's that bad.

No team?

That's the same debate that goes on from time to time here.

Some think it is better to have a team, no matter how pathetic, than to have no team at all.

Some think it is better to have no team than a pathetic team.

No matter what point of view a person subscribes to, the chances of changing their mind is generally pretty small. However the OP may be one of the few who do change their minds.

Edited by CodeMonkey

It's a shame too, but I've never thought this way until now. It's almost as if I'm ready to accept them leaving if they are going to do so. Of course, I don't want them too, but I'm ready to find out. I mean, putting money into this crap for another five years until Ralph dies is just not appealing to me anymore. It's become a joke.

Let's roll the dice and get it over with. Yeah, it's that bad.

As you can see I don't respond often but this time I think it is necessary. I believe it would be best to just let the dice role even though I'm a diehard for 40 years. It'll suck for a year if the team left but I can't take this classless organization anymore

That's the same debate that goes on from time to time here.

Some think it is better to have a team, no matter how pathetic, than to have no team at all.

Some think it is better to have no team than a pathetic team.

No matter what point of view a person subscribes to, the chances of changing their mind is generally pretty small. However the OP may be one of the few who do change their minds.

I was not trying to say that it would be better to have a bad team or no team. I was just trying to say that things can be worse, that's all.

After the Kelsay contract announcement, I just felt ridiculous being a fan. I have my computer in my garage in which I turned into a Bills and Sabres room. I looked around at all the things I have in the room and the thousands of dollars I've spent on memorabilia, fatheads, helmets, jersey's, etc. Heck even my computer is made out of an old Bills helmet grill top and plays the shout song when it boots up. I turned around and looked at all this stuff and felt like a darn fool.

It's like being the last one to find out something embarrassing. And then realizing how foolish you must have looked to everyone that knew. I am truly ashamed at this point.

I think about the countless pissing contests I've gotten into with every negative fan, and that moron Wawrow. All to have them be right. I'm the one that's wrong for being optimistic.

I live in Charlotte NC, and my neighbor is a die hard Steelers fan. He had to give up the NFL ticket this year so he came over to watch the Bills game with me and my two cousins just to watch some ball and check in on his Steelers game. He's a defensive coordinator for a reputable local high school football team, so I wanted him to teach me more about what kind of defense we're trying to run. The whole time he's like this number 90 is terrible, he's constantly in the wrong position and you could tell he's not athletic enough to do what the scheme is asking of him. Before the game ended I had to to admit reports are the guy is getting extended.

I'm seriously considering backing off of my love for my beloved Bills. I still have an opportunity to deter my 4 and 5 year old boys away from this junk.

I hear ya - I too have a little one that I can't help but dress up in Bills hats, jerseys, etc. I also can't help but think of when she gets old enough to actually understand the game that she'll jump ship to a team thats worth watching. In fact, the last decade of this franchise's performance, decision making, etc has severely stunted its growth in its youthful following. I've been a Bills fans for as long as I can remember, enthusiastically and loyally cheering for them throughout the Superbowls as a kid. I attended the Jim Kelly football camps for multiple years. My childhood addiction to the Bills will be with me forever. Andre Reed, Jim Kelly, Bruce, Thurman etc were my heros. Who do the kids today have to get excited for or look up to? How can the kids today become the die hard fans that we are in 20+ years and how can they be expected to support this team, buy tickets or jersey's or even drive up from a few states away to attend the games?

The amount of melodrama in this thread is off the charts.

Sure, I disagree with the extension, but Understand some things:

a) Kelsay is not getting overpaid by THAT much, and there isn't a salary cap this year.b) The chances are low he'll even play for all four of those years

c) we don't know the exact terms of the deal, especially with regards to signing bonus

d) look at the rest of our linebackers.. if we didn't sign him we're going into the next season with Ellis and Maybin starting. No way do we fill in the rest in one off season, even if we can use some of this years draft picks.[/b]

Please take a deep breath, a step back, and just relax. No need to start the whole chicken little thing right now.

It's like some of you expect Nix to go in his time machine, and keep all the great defensive players we've let go and release all the crappy ones we're now stuck with. Is signing Chris Kelsay REALLY what put you over the edge? Ridiculous

Here is the premise of most of the anger, shrewd management wouldn't negotiate against itself in this case. Kelsay being on the wrong side of 30 and has plateaued long ago, why would you set the market so high. He's been here his entire career, pretty sure you could make an agreement to match an offer(if another team's interested) but if its outside the budget, so what...you haven't won a thing with him, he's not a play-maker look at his stats.

As far as the remaining LB's on the roster, go get a FA "play-maker" by any means pay him, fill the other spots with veteran 3-4 backers to 1-2 yr deals until position is solid (use the Patriots as a model). NE use to get vet LB's to use in multiple set when Bellicheat first took over and each year he'll add a young player to learn from the vet. Its not checkers, Its CHESS...

As you can see I don't respond often but this time I think it is necessary. I believe it would be best to just let the dice role even though I'm a diehard for 40 years. It'll suck for a year if the team left but I can't take this classless organization anymore

And that was my point. For the first time ever, I feel this way. I have season tickets, and I have ZERO drive to go to a game for the first time ever. And to boot, the tickets are worthless. Steeler fans will buy that game, and hopefully some NE fans will buy that game. But I'm sick and tired of spending thousands of dollars a year (I'm from VA), to see this crap. That saddens me. I HATE the fact that Steeler fans will take over our stadium. Same with New England. But I just don't have a reason to keep throwing money at these clowns anymore.

I've been broken.

The amount of melodrama in this thread is off the charts.

Sure, I disagree with the extension, but Understand some things:

a) Kelsay is not getting overpaid by THAT much, and there isn't a salary cap this year.

b) The chances are low he'll even play for all four of those years

c) we don't know the exact terms of the deal, especially with regards to signing bonus

d) look at the rest of our linebackers.. if we didn't sign him we're going into the next season with Ellis and Maybin starting. No way do we fill in the rest in one off season, even if we can use some of this years draft picks.

Please take a deep breath, a step back, and just relax. No need to start the whole chicken little thing right now.

It's like some of you expect Nix to go in his time machine, and keep all the great defensive players we've let go and release all the crappy ones we're now stuck with. Is signing Chris Kelsay REALLY what put you over the edge? Ridiculous

Yes. Are you fuggin kidding me? I don't care if Kelsay signed for $1 per year. The fact that they are happy with his play PERIOD, is a joke. The fact that a guy who is lost on the field as a LB is extended is a joke. It's more of the same crap.

Your chicken little crap is old. There is no defense anymore. Keep your head in the sand. If that's how you deal with stuff, go for it. Chris Kelsay sucks, especially at OLB. Period. I don't care how much he's being paid. He sucks for free. But hey, for god's sake, don't upgrade the team. I mean, why, people like you are still buying into this crap, so the status quo will continue to take place.

Edited by Lv-Bills

I respect what Ralph has done in his lifetime. Period. He's been a great business man, and he's the only owner of our Buffalo Bills. Kudos Ralph. I'm not a Ralph basher. I kinda just went with what he's ever done. Great.

After today, with the Kelsay deal, I've pretty much lost all hope, and I don't respect anyone in the organization. I can't enjoy anything they do, because I don't believe in them. The person I respect most is Chan Gailey, as odd as that seems.

However, this organization is without direction. Period. They don't do anything well. They suck at customer service. Even with the uniforms, they find ways to screw up everything. It's just one thing after another. They don't get along with the local media because their feelings are hurt because they get bashed, in which they should.

It just seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. It's awful. For the first time ever, I wish Ralph would sell the team, so I can find out already whether or not the team will remain in Buffalo and have a competent front office. I'm ready to gamble, even though I believe the Bills will move. I'm ready to take the chance and find out.

This post really means nothing, except to say that I've been beaten down so bad by this organization that I'm ready to find out if the grass is greener on the other side.

Please do us a favor Ralph and move on. Sell the team to someone who will keep it in Buffalo, we'll build you a statue, and give us our damn team and dignity back.

Buffalo Bills tickets right now are worthless, and there's no end in sight. It's one bad move after another. If it honestly wasn't the best tailgating city in the NFL, I don't think anyone would go anymore. We all love to see our friends, and the atmosphere that FANS create. It would sure just be nice if the friggin Bills would do something to actually add to the NFL experience again.

Kudos to you for being able to write this post without coming across as whiney, arrogant or disrespectful. I don't think anyone can disagree with anything you've written. I just think it's great that you put it so well and so respectfully. We need more of that around here lately. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Kudos to you for being able to write this post without coming across as whiney, arrogant or disrespectful. I don't think anyone can disagree with anything you've written. I just think it's great that you put it so well and so respectfully. We need more of that around here lately. Thanks. :thumbsup:

I'm driving up this weekend from Richmond VA to go to the game with my best friend (he's a Jets fan). We attended the last 19 of 20 Bills - Jets games in Buffalo, missing only last year's joke in Toronto (I refuse to go there).

Other than going to preserve our tradition, I have no motivation to go to anymore games for the first time ever. And yesterday put a final dagger in me.

I love the Bills. Still do. They are just making me not care anymore. And let me tell you, when you drive as far as I do for every game, you have a lot of time to think about how much money, time, and resources you are throwing at a garbage front office.

At certain points, people reach their limits. I'm at mine. Yesterday was the last push.