Happy for offensive excitement but worried at the same time...

Big Turk

I am glad we finally have a QB that will throw the ball to players who actually are open instead of holding the ball forever waiting for a 5 yard cushion. However, Fitz is gonna jeopardize our chance to land the franchise QB we need in next years draft. Our offense has weapons on it, so it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that when a real NFL caliber QB plays, he gets the ball to them and they make some plays. Fitz is just too inaccurate, as his air-mail pass to Eugene Chung in the endzone instead of to Parrish who would have walked in for a TD proved, but he definitely will make his share of plays. Did last year too(98 yard bomb to TO, etc). He likely will win us some games coming up---Jets, Jags, Lions, Chiefs and Browns are all beatable, IMO, and likely will win too many of these games and probably a few that we shouldn't win which is gonna put us back to about 9 or 10th pick overall, which likely will have us missing out on a QB.

So, I am happy that we will likely see more entertaining football on offense, and some points scored, but I am not happy because he is likely going to cause us to miss out on our much needed QB of the future...I can see Fitz winning us 5 or 6 games this year...too many if we need a QB...

It would really seem to be a shot in the dark to rely upon the draft as a method to obtain a franchise QB.

Again, even in the best case of Peyton Manning, the addition of the franchise did nothing to improve the team's performance in the first year they had him. Drafting the franchise QB as a savior seems to pretty much guarantee the Bills going 0 for 12 in playoff runs. And this sad result only occurs if it turns out you make a great pick of a Manning and not the mostly failed picks of 1st round guys.

It would really seem to be a shot in the dark to rely upon the draft as a method to obtain a franchise QB.

Again, even in the best case of Peyton Manning, the addition of the franchise did nothing to improve the team's performance in the first year they had him. Drafting the franchise QB as a savior seems to pretty much guarantee the Bills going 0 for 12 in playoff runs. And this sad result only occurs if it turns out you make a great pick of a Manning and not the mostly failed picks of 1st round guys.

True, but Manning had little offensive talent around him the first year and the Colts were dreadful. IMHO, Buffalo has enough talent to challenge for a playoff spot in a rookie QB's first year as long as he is the right guy...

And exactly how else would we obtain this franchise QB? Off the street? CFL? Free agency? I would think obtaining a Brees via free agency or Warner via the CFL would be shots in the dark?

That's one of the silliest things I've ever heard. You must be trolling.

What's silly about it?

Do we need to rehash the bust to boom ratio of top 10 QB picks?

Also: to the guy who says we've got the talent to support a rookie QB...really? Did you see our defense yesterday? Did you not notice that it took a near perfect performance (save two costly COSTLY picks) from a veteran QB to hang with a defense ranked in the bottom 10 through three weeks?

No rookie quarterbacks...PLEASE.

yawn.

Edited by Matthews' Bag

I don't think this team is going to win too many games and look at it this way.... With Fitz throwing the ball around, it really lets the coaches see where the true weaknesses are. Receivers and Oline don't look so bad and it will give them great experience until the REAL qb steps in next year (or at least drafted then)

33 % of all QBs taken with the 1st pick since the Super Bowl began won a Super Bowl & 22% of them won it more than once. I'll take those odds over a decade of not even making the playoffs.

Our offense will be better with Fitz because he will actually throw the ball down field. However, this team is bad and most noteably the defense is much worse than previous years and won't be able to keep us competitive in games the offense can actually put up some points.

Don't worry we will have a top 5 pick. I wouldn't be surprised top 3 or even #1 overall. We will (should) draft a franchise quarterback.

Yawn. Your asinine aisle 8 QB theory once again proves to be nothing short of idiotic. Please tell me how Manning has done since his rookie year. I think he's improved a bit from that 3-13 start, no?

Actually, can you take a look at Manning's second season and tell me how well he did?

It remains a simple fact that the best chance to land a franchise QB is through a high 1st round draft pick.

Edited by Ramius