Maybin's moves

I doubt he is on the roster next year.

How is running into the LT and getting wrapped up and put down on every pass rush attempt value to this team. I had high hopes this kid would develop and would be a danger if moved around a bit. I still say play him and let's see if there is any development. If not, I'm with you, it would be addition by subtraction.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than some 4th quarter pressure by Williams, did ANYONE (from the Bills D) get close to Brady today? I know it's quite popular to bash Maybin, but I think the criticism could be leveled at any of the Bills pass rushers today.

Other than some 4th quarter pressure by Williams, did ANYONE (from the Bills D) get close to Brady today? I know it's quite popular to bash Maybin, but I think the criticism could be leveled at any of the Bills pass rushers today.

Maybe twice Dean, we got a wiff of Brady but they were standing us up all day and Brady had a ton of time to pick us apart... I was annoyed at the lack of Blitz Packages

I'm not defending Maybin but I've yet to see him line up in an LB position. Every time I see him he's down on all fours in a DE position. The kid has enough speed to rush from a traditional OLB set yet they seem afraid to try?

I agree Mike... But I think he is poor against the run still...

OK, so far I've seen Maybin go VERY wide around the LT and get ridden far away from the QB, and I've seen him today go constantly DIRECTLY into the LT (once with a spin move) but never coming close to beating his man let alone sniffing the QB. Does Maybin have anything else? What has this guy been working on all summer?

His six pack abdominals. It's not how you play but how you look when at the beach.

Maybin has shown no ability to correctly read the play or stick with his coverage responsibilities when lined up as an OLB. I'm guessing he's being plugged in as a DE simply because at this point allowing him to pin his ears back and get after the QB is all he's really capable of, mentally anyway. Of course, getting to the QB as a DE isn't really working out for him, either. But his braind hasn't yet caught up to the more complicated responsibilities.

Do you really think Russ drafted Maybin? While I believe they all had input, I can't belive Russ was given the authority to draft players. If he was then the Bills are in much worth shape then I thought.

It certainly wasn't Levy as the poster justnzane responded to claimed. Levy was LONG GONE from the team by the time Maybin was drafted. Levy retired at the end of the 2007 season. Maybin was drafted in 2009.

There are some really clueless people on this board.

Seeing as how Russ was the GM of the Bills in 2009, who do you suppose drafted Maybin?

-his hair

-twitter responses

-theoretical sack celebrations

-spending the money he "ain't f***ing earned yet!"

-madden 2011 online (for XBox 360)

-updating his Netflix queue

-posing for mobile phone self portraits

-ignoring pass coverage responsibilities to dart past a pulling guard and flail at the feet of the QB after he release the ball to a back on a screen for a big gain

Looks like you covered it....

It certainly wasn't Levy as the poster justnzane responded to claimed. Levy was LONG GONE from the team by the time Maybin was drafted. Levy retired at the end of the 2007 season. Maybin was drafted in 2009.

There are some really clueless people on this board.

Seeing as how Russ was the GM of the Bills in 2009, who do you suppose drafted Maybin?

I'm pretty sure I didn't believe Levy drafted him, seeing as he was gone. I'm just not sure that Russ had major inputs on the draft, even with the COO/GM title. The impression I got was that everyone had inputs on the draft to include Modrak, Guy, Jauron and crew. I think most of us can agree that didn't work. If he was acting as a traditional GM wouldn't he have been fired when they hired the current GM?

Correct me if I'm wrong as only you can do.

Edited by bills7834

I'm pretty sure I didn't believe Levy drafted him, seeing as he was gone. I'm just not sure that Russ had major inputs on the draft, even with the COO/GM title. The impression I got was that everyone had inputs on the draft to include Modrak, Guy, Jauron and crew. I think most of us can agree that didn't work. If he was acting as a traditional GM wouldn't he have been fired when they hired the current GM?

Correct me if I'm wrong as only you can do.

I think your analysis of Russ' position is right on the money up until Levy came to town. My understanding is, after Levy left, Russ had a lot more input and power. As for who of the top brass wanted Maybin and who didn't...who knows?