Belichick on Lynch (and Spiller, Fitz)

VA Bills Fan

I know he was all too kind to us during his press conference, but I love what he has to say about Lynch. I wish more people on TSW would begin to see what he sees -- if we lose him he'll be scoring TD's in the playoffs in no time...

-------------------------------

Q: What's the difference in your eyes between what C.J. Spiller and Marshawn Lynch can do?

BB: They're both very good, explosive guys that can take the ball the distance. I'd say, Lynch really can play on all downs and all situations. I don't really see anything he can't do and do well – run inside, run outside. [He] runs around and through tacklers. [He] catches the ball well. I'd say Spiller is more of a space player. He's better out in the open field. He's real good out in the open field returning, screens, draws, loose plays and things like that. He's very fast, very dangerous, very elusive. Lynch is a powerful guy. You see him breaking tackles by defensive lineman, running through them, not just DBs. He runs through a lot of tackles on everybody. Pound for pound he's got to be one of the strongest players in the league with good balance.

(nothing too surprising on Fitz)

Q: Do they look different with Ryan Fitzpatrick in there at quarterback?

BB: Yeah, he's a little different player. He's a little different player. [He's] a strong-armed guy, [can] get the ball down the field. [He has] a little more experience. He's been in a couple different systems. [He's a] smart guy, handles himself well. He's a good quarterback. We had a hard time with him last year there.

Edited by VA Bills Fan

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think BB is right. Lynch is the best all around back on our team. He is a strong runner and should be the feature back. Fred and CJ should be backing him up and play on 3rd and long and multi-back sets.

I realize Lynch is a thug. I don't care. He is the best RB on our team and until he gets himself suspended again, he should be our #1 back.

If you skipped every Bills game for the past 9 years and only read Belichick interviews, you would think the Bills were one of the greatest teams of all time. He's a master at creating anti-bulletin board material.

Agreed he isn't going to go out and say WOW those guys really suck I know why we always beat them because they are just so terrible. No he makes some smart but bland comments/complements.

Agreed he isn't going to go out and say WOW those guys really suck I know why we always beat them because they are just so terrible. No he makes some smart but bland comments/complements.

Not really. He insulted our OL back in the mid-2000's. Said they were a joke, and they were, and they still are not any better today.

I remember last year - before the first game they were raving about Fred Jackson. I think Brady even referred to him as "Mr. Jackson".

I thought our reporters asked stupid questions, but some of the Boston media I think are even worse.

[paraphrase]

Reporter: Any similarities between Spiller and Reggie Bush?

Bellichek: .... um, they're both running backs, for one.

Reporter: anything else, how Gailey employs Spiller and Sean employs Bush?

Bellichek: .... really it's only been 2 games, a little hard to tell what his role is.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I know he was all too kind to us during his press conference, but I love what he has to say about Lynch. I wish more people on TSW would begin to see what he sees -- if we lose him he'll be scoring TD's in the playoffs in no time...

-------------------------------

Q: What's the difference in your eyes between what C.J. Spiller and Marshawn Lynch can do?

BB: They're both very good, explosive guys that can take the ball the distance. I'd say, Lynch really can play on all downs and all situations. I don't really see anything he can't do and do well – run inside, run outside. [He] runs around and through tacklers. [He] catches the ball well. I'd say Spiller is more of a space player. He's better out in the open field. He's real good out in the open field returning, screens, draws, loose plays and things like that. He's very fast, very dangerous, very elusive. Lynch is a powerful guy. You see him breaking tackles by defensive lineman, running through them, not just DBs. He runs through a lot of tackles on everybody. Pound for pound he's got to be one of the strongest players in the league with good balance.

(nothing too surprising on Fitz)

Q: Do they look different with Ryan Fitzpatrick in there at quarterback?

BB: Yeah, he's a little different player. He's a little different player. [He's] a strong-armed guy, [can] get the ball down the field. [He has] a little more experience. He's been in a couple different systems. [He's a] smart guy, handles himself well. He's a good quarterback. We had a hard time with him last year there.

...he says ironically.

PTR

BB: Yeah, he's a little different player. He's a little different player. [He's] a strong-armed guy, [can] get the ball down the field. [He has] a little more experience.

Hey Bill Bellyache, Trent (34) has played 5 more NFL games than Fitz (29). Trent's more experienced. In case anyone was wondering if he's talking out his whazzoo or not.

No doubt Lynch is a tough runner, but Jackson is the best RB on this team. The guy showed what he could do Sunday coming in cold, and with only a few opportunities. He in my opinion for the second game in a row, is getting disrespected and dissed by Gailey.

I agree Fred is our best back now. Feed Fred. He should get 15 carries off hand offs and another 8 - 10 in the WildBill on Sunday.

Feed Fred.

Edited by reddogblitz

Agreed, Fred won this job last year and proved himself. He will be getting the majority of the carries. Lynch was just being showcased as trade bait. Although, he does have great talent, he needs to work on finding the holes.

Do people really believe that Lynch was being showcased?

1.) teams scouted him in college and have seen enough of him in the NFL to know exactly what they need to know about him. They don't need to see him get a dozen carries in one last game to make up their minds if they want him or not.

2.) If the Bills would actually play Lynch to showcase him rather than play the players they think give them the best chance to win that particular game, than the entire FO and coaching staff should be fired and banned from working in the NFL

Coaches are famously generous in their remarks about the other team they are facing at press conferences prior to the game. It's cliche. It rarely represents their true feelings about another team or their personnel. It's just NFL manners by the book. When we were at our peak in the 1990s, Marv had to look into the camera and talk about other teams that couldn't beat a dead horse as though they were something special. It's just what happens. Take nothing from it.

Do people really believe that Lynch was being showcased?

1.) teams scouted him in college and have seen enough of him in the NFL to know exactly what they need to know about him. They don't need to see him get a dozen carries in one last game to make up their minds if they want him or not.

2.) If the Bills would actually play Lynch to showcase him rather than play the players they think give them the best chance to win that particular game, than the entire FO and coaching staff should be fired and banned from working in the NFL

Thank you, voice of reason. I have been saying since the draft that Lynch and Spiller make the most sense as the future combo at RB. I like Fred, but he is the oldest and might bring nice value in a trade anyway.