Bills are being laughed at on the field.

b stein 22

Whitner wants to stop all the laughing. He is fed up with losing.

Orchard Park, NY (WGR 550) --

Donte Whitner is sick of looking across the line of scrimmage and seeing the Patriots and others laughing at the Bills. New England has won 18 of 19 games vs the Bills and Whitner was not here for the one win. The safety said, "By the end of the fourth quarter they're laughing at us and it always happens and not just in Foxboro, It happened last week, the Green Bay Packers were laughing at us, Aaron Rodgers and a lot of those guys were laughing at us towards the end of the football game and that never feels good. We can't keep allowing that to happen because guys go out there and they work too hard and when they don't come out the way you prepared all week. We want to get things turned around, but at the same time it's football teams of grown men laughing at other grown men on the football field and that happened to us in the ballgame last week and it happens every time we play New England."

Full Story

http://www.wgr550.com/Bills-Whitner-would-like-to-stop-all-the-laughter/8201481

Whitner needs to quit talking and start playing better and maybe some of the laughing would stop. Besides, where has he been? This team has been a joke around the league and around the country for a decade and still is. Probably always will be until the team has a new owner with the desire to win and not make every move with spending as little money as possible to do it.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Articles like this serve as a reminder to me that their are people behind the facemasks. I know that sounds idiotic but in professional sports it's easy to dehumanize the player and forget that they are real people with wives, kids, parents, grandparent's etc.

Yeah maybe Whitner hasn't lived up to the spot he was picked in the draft and maybe he isn't an all world safety but he has been loyal to Buffalo and their fans the entire time he's been here. He keeps himself out of trouble and out of the news and is the type of player we should be proud to have on our team.

That said, there is only one way I know of to get others to stop laughing at you. You don't even have to win to do it. Certainly winning would stop the laughing but if you're not going to win you only have one option. When they laugh at you, you punch them in the mouth. You hit them so hard that the last thing they want to do is play you again. Sure they may beat you and you may lose the war but you can at least win a battle or two.

If we're going to lose to the Pat's I'd much rather have the Bills beat the **** of the them rather than play doormat!

If they're going to complete the pass Donte, knock them the !@#$ out and they won't be laughing.

Articles like this serve as a reminder to me that their are people behind the facemasks. I know that sounds idiotic but in professional sports it's easy to dehumanize the player and forget that they are real people with wives, kids, parents, grandparent's etc.

Yeah maybe Whitner hasn't lived up to the spot he was picked in the draft and maybe he isn't an all world safety but he has been loyal to Buffalo and their fans the entire time he's been here. He keeps himself out of trouble and out of the news and is the type of player we should be proud to have on our team.

That said, there is only one way I know of to get others to stop laughing at you. You don't even have to win to do it. Certainly winning would stop the laughing but if you're not going to win you only have one option. When they laugh at you, you punch them in the mouth. You hit them so hard that the last thing they want to do is play you again. Sure they may beat you and you may lose the war but you can at least win a battle or two.

If we're going to lose to the Pat's I'd much rather have the Bills beat the **** of the them rather than play doormat!

If they're going to complete the pass Donte, knock them the !@#$ out and they won't be laughing.

Love it and love it because if they don't come out and freakin' lay some big hits after this article, it will NEVER happen. The fact that everyone now KNOWS that they laugh at you is so humiliating on so many levels. I bet Ronnie Lott never had anyone laugh at him Donte - hint hint

Originality prevails again. So, Ralph and his "cheapskate ways" have caused us to fail the last 4 drafts, keep a horrible QB as our starter with two less-than-capable back-ups and hire, reputedly, one of the best offensive minds in the game to coach a team whose major weakness was offense? Maybe the coaching situation comes into play, but the QB came down to Nix and Gailey, both of whom had their praises sung by many here on this forum prior to the season. The ineptitude may come all the way down from the top, but there is so much more than Ralphie to blame. We can win with Ralphie upstairs if the people he hires to judge talent and coach can do their jobs to a more than satisfactory level.

We may have to come to the realization that Chan is NOT one of the top offensive minds in the game.

Granted, he hasn't had a quarterback, but I thought we'd be able to run the ball better than we have been.

So far, not terribly impressed. Let's see what we do going forward.

Would be nice to see him move the football on Belicheat.

one of the ways to stop them from laughing is to stop being so pathetically funny. Something like getting a couple of offensive tackles, not losing your best defensive lineman, drafting for actual need. That kind of thing might possibly help. Or better than all that...actually beat the New England Patriots. Last time I looked the game is going to start 0-0 and it is up to the Bills to decide what the final score is going to be.

I agree, I think that surprised look is still on my face from years ago when I heard it announced.

What is done is done and now the question is - are the steps being taken to right the ship and stop the floundering? So far, even the staunchest supporter has to be questioning that. Chris Kelsay at linebacker and you want to be taken seriously? The only way the Bills win this year is if some team sees the Bills as a another bye-week and don't show up. Really, in all seriousness, it looks like the Cleveland game might be our only chance this year.

one of the ways to stop them from laughing is to stop being so pathetically funny. Something like getting a couple of offensive tackles, not losing your best defensive lineman, drafting for actual need. That kind of thing might possibly help. Or better than all that...actually beat the New England Patriots. Last time I looked the game is going to start 0-0 and it is up to the Bills to decide what the final score is going to be.

They needed players for their new 3-4 defense: Troup, Carrington, Moats, Batten, check.

They needed to replace T.O.: Easley, check.

They needed to fix the OL: Wang, Calloway, check.

They needed to fix QB: Brown, check.

So, of the 9 players drafted, one could easily argue that 8 of them were drafted for needs (real or self-imposed notwithstanding).

Now, we certainly don't have to agree with the Nix strategy on where to start building a football team. Why focus on blowing up and fixing a defense when the offense was the bigger problem? OL and QB probably needed a little more attention than some late round prospects. DL was long in the tooth and needed some beefing up to stop the run; but, switching to the 3-4 which accentuated the lack of talent at LB? (The Bills were so thin at LB last season they played 3 safeties for much of the season!)

They needed players for their new 3-4 defense: Troup, Carrington, Moats, Batten, check.

They needed to replace T.O.: Easley, check.

They needed to fix the OL: Wang, Calloway, check.

They needed to fix QB: Brown, check.

So, of the 9 players drafted, one could easily argue that 8 of them were drafted for needs (real or self-imposed notwithstanding).

Now, we certainly don't have to agree with the Nix strategy on where to start building a football team. Why focus on blowing up and fixing a defense when the offense was the bigger problem? OL and QB probably needed a little more attention than some late round prospects. DL was long in the tooth and needed some beefing up to stop the run; but, switching to the 3-4 which accentuated the lack of talent at LB? (The Bills were so thin at LB last season they played 3 safeties for much of the season!)

Bingo...going 3-4 was a puzzling move and the thought "if it ain't broke don't fix it applies." We could have upgraded the defensive line a bit in free agency and been fine on D. the offensive was on life support at the tackle and depth positions on the o-line, at qb and we needed receivers....

Failure to address this is on Nix and Gailey.

This is the worst team in franchise history.

I have been a fan for 40 years and I am not laughing.

I am a fan and do not trash talk them, I watch them and hope to see something positive, but have detached myself emotionally from wins and losses.

I do NOT Billieve.

sigh......................................

Bad... I am thinking "Harvey Johnson" type bad.