The Event

linksfiend

I'm taking this show episode by episode to gauge my level of interest, and I guess I'm in for week #3. It held my interest enough to be curious to see where it will go, and I'm always a sucker for aliens.

I'm taking this show episode by episode to gauge my level of interest, and I guess I'm in for week #3. It held my interest enough to be curious to see where it will go, and I'm always a sucker for aliens.

i didnt catch last nights episode, but saw the first one where the woman said "THEY saved us" and "I havent told you EVERYTHING". which made me figure they were talking about aliens. Is that the direction the show is going in? Protector Aliens who are watching us as some sort of experiment or something? What you think?

i didnt catch last nights episode, but saw the first one where the woman said "THEY saved us" and "I havent told you EVERYTHING". which made me figure they were talking about aliens. Is that the direction the show is going in? Protector Aliens who are watching us as some sort of experiment or something? What you think?

Well, they seem like sensitive, loving aliens...so maybe? lol I dunno, I just like aliens :w00t:

Watched it this evening On Demand. I'll watch a few more episodes, but one issue I already have is when the Secret Service got the President in the car, they should have immediately driven away, not stand around and watch the plane.

At least that question was answered in the second episode, I thought it was strange at the time as well. But I am really starting to relate to the characters in this show. When the chick in captivity said "our people have been prisoners for 66 years, they are getting impatient", being a Bills fan, I totally can relate to that... :unsure:

Edited by ricojes

• 1 month later...

So I haven't watched it since about the 3rd or 4th episode. Is it worth it catching up? Or should I just skip it since it seems it will be cancelled soon.

I've been barely hanging on the last few episodes. If I were you I'd just let it go, unless you're just really dying to know some of the answers to the questions established earlier on. I will probably watch the remaining episodes just to see where they take it, but I'm just lukewarm to the show now.

I've been barely hanging on the last few episodes. If I were you I'd just let it go, unless you're just really dying to know some of the answers to the questions established earlier on. I will probably watch the remaining episodes just to see where they take it, but I'm just lukewarm to the show now.

Barely hanging on is exactly how I would describe my interest in the show. There are elements of a good show in there somewhere, but it pretty much fails on all levels. I think habit is the only thing that is keeping me watching it at this point.

Barely hanging on is exactly how I would describe my interest in the show. There are elements of a good show in there somewhere, but it pretty much fails on all levels. I think habit is the only thing that is keeping me watching it at this point.

Agreed..DVR the show and watched like 6 episodes back to back, first 4 or 5 okay, but since then the show is just ridiculous. Watch now as my kids like it so we watch together, but it is really a waste of time.

I don't know how to spoiler this, so look away if you have not seen the show or want to catch up. What i don't get is they want to go home, we want them to leave..WTF is the problem here????

Agreed..DVR the show and watched like 6 episodes back to back, first 4 or 5 okay, but since then the show is just ridiculous. Watch now as my kids like it so we watch together, but it is really a waste of time.

I don't know how to spoiler this, so look away if you have not seen the show or want to catch up. What i don't get is they want to go home, we want them to leave..WTF is the problem here????

:lol:

Good point!

Oh it absolutely fits in for me. I never watched Lost and have no intention of watching The Event.

Lost was EASILY the most frustrating show I've ever watched....until the finale hit, and then it made perfect sense lol

Lost was EASILY the most frustrating show I've ever watched....until the finale hit, and then it made perfect sense lol

There's a pretty good read on LOST here, now that we've had 6 months to digest the finale. Really helps stitch together the themes of faith and sacrifice. The part about Locke's "faith" being his belief in an unknown destiny is a really great look into his character that I never fully appreciated before.

On topic, tho, I stopped watching The Event after ~ the 3rd episode, and I stopped on it a couple of weeks ago as a guy and the lady who used to be on ER were opening some kind of gelatinous safe. All right, enough of that.

I do hear that Carlton Cuse is producing a series (and one of the main LOST writers is writing) set during the Civil War and ABC picked it up recently.

There's a pretty good read on LOST here, now that we've had 6 months to digest the finale. Really helps stitch together the themes of faith and sacrifice. The part about Locke's "faith" being his belief in an unknown destiny is a really great look into his character that I never fully appreciated before.

On topic, tho, I stopped watching The Event after ~ the 3rd episode, and I stopped on it a couple of weeks ago as a guy and the lady who used to be on ER were opening some kind of gelatinous safe. All right, enough of that.

I do hear that Carlton Cuse is producing a series (and one of the main LOST writers is writing) set during the Civil War and ABC picked it up recently.

Thanks for that link, man...I'll definitely check that out. I'ts funny, cause when I think of the Lost finale I get really emotional...almost to the point where I wonder if I need to get therapy LOL. It was just such a beautiful piece of television and it appealed to my spirituality in a way that I never expected. I swear, I damn near get teary-eyed when I think of Jack and that stupid dog lol...WTF is wrong with me lol...anyway, I loved the finale.

But yeah, the Event started off strong for me, but I found my mind wandering the last few episodes. I do think John Ritter's kid has become a half decent actor, though. He's one of the bright spots for me. I also like the balding guy who assists the president (no idea what his name is). The show had some interesting elements, but compared to something like the Walking Dead, which has COMPLETELY captivated me, it's just lost its appeal.