Anyone buying Civ 5?

Fezmid

Are you going to run it on a desktop or laptop? Kinda want to play it on my laptop but its underpowered to play games usually. I'm wondering how graphics intensive Civ 5 is. I'm just using a Inspiron 1545

Try the demo.

I'm running it on my laptop that's a few years old - Dell XPS M1210 w/ upgraded video. It definitely got hot - there were a couple times when parts of the landscape would become pixelated and/or change colors (purple grass, for example), but it was limited to small areas and generally went away.

Next time I play, I'm going to elevate the rear of my laptop higher to improve airflow.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

!@#$... :)

I haven't played one of these games in forever. Downloaded the demo today, played it to it's limit, and now downloading the full game that I just purchased online. There goes $50 and any productivity I'll see for months.

w00t

what are your system specs like? I'm only worried about my vid card

I have an athlon quad-core, an nvidia GT7900 512MB and 4GB of ram. Well within the processor and ram specs, sketchy on the vid card.

w00t

what are your system specs like? I'm only worried about my vid card

I have an athlon quad-core, an nvidia GT7900 512MB and 4GB of ram. Well within the processor and ram specs, sketchy on the vid card.

You'll be fine...I've got:

2ghz Duel Core processor

2GB RAM

64mb GeForce 7400

Like I said above, it's a few years old...I didn't buy it as a gaming machine, but it handles stuff like this to my liking. I don't run all the high settings, but since there's no serious detailing/action, it works well.

Dude posting on a message board does not make one a nerd. I am so !@#$ing far from being a nerd. My 80 year old aunt who lives in an assisted live facility and is on oxygen posts on Facebook. Does that make her a nerd?

Methinks the Chef doth protest too much. :D

So far, love the gameplay, but hate the fact that I have to use the "low" settung for leader animations. My system runs the intro just fine, you mean it can't run the leader animations? Boo.

And you call yourself a geek?

I've sacrificed entire careers to Civ. No more. I'll come out of my trance when my PC blows three weeks later only to find myself a constipated, unwashed, unfed, unf**ked shell of my former self with death breath and in dire need of a haircut. No thank you. I've been down this road before.

I've sacrificed entire careers to Civ. No more. I'll come out of my trance when my PC blows three weeks later only to find myself a constipated, unwashed, unfed, unf**ked shell of my former self with death breath and in dire need of a haircut. No thank you. I've been down this road before.

Jesus, this thing sounds worse that crack.

At least he got away, Civ allows the easily addicted that after a while. I've heard of WOW players who don't leave their houses for months.

That's just !@#$ed up. Time to get a life folks.

Oh, and don't give me **** about having nearly 15,000 posts on a message board, it's not even close to being the same thing.

Edited by Chef Jim