Anyone buying Civ 5?

Fezmid

That's just !@#$ed up. Time to get a life folks.

Oh, and don't give me **** about having nearly 15,000 posts on a message board, it's not even close to being the same thing.

Chef, you seem distraught at the realization that you are deeply immersed in nerd behavior. May I refer you to your sig line?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chef, you seem distraught at the realization that you are deeply immersed in nerd behavior. May I refer you to your sig line?

No I'm feeling sorry for those of you that are. If I were rushing out to buy whatever Civ 5 is then I'd have to refer to my sig line. The fact that I'm not, and have no desire to or even own any video games (gasp!!) is a testament to the fact that I live by my sig line.

Sorry, my wife owns those. :D

Seriously though, Civilization is a great strategy game. It's "similar" to Axis and Allies - a board game that people spend days playing.

People can become addicted to anything - so while it's a fun game, and I've lost my share of sleep over the last 20 years because of the game, it's definitely a "thinking man's" game (unlike World of Warcraft). You'd actually probably like it. :)

He'll be fine. You on the other hand won't :doh:

http://www.2kgames.com/civ5/support/#systemreqs

Check the video req's

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650, with 256 MB of dedicated video memory

Microsoft DirectX 10 (Shader 4.1) and OpenGL 2.1 capable

Demo worked ok on good resolution and low settings. I'm worried that the game will slow down as the map is expanded which used to happen in Civ 4 on my old PC.

Seriously though, Civilization is a great strategy game. It's "similar" to Axis and Allies - a board game that people spend days playing.

People can become addicted to anything - so while it's a fun game, and I've lost my share of sleep over the last 20 years because of the game, it's definitely a "thinking man's" game (unlike World of Warcraft). You'd actually probably like it. :)

What the hell made you think that I'd like a thinking man's game?? :lol:

What the hell made you think that I'd like a thinking man's game?? :lol:

There are very few games that I actually play as I usually get fed up after about 10 minutes but Civ is not one of them.

Edited by meazza

No I'm feeling sorry for those of you that are. If I were rushing out to buy whatever Civ 5 is then I'd have to refer to my sig line. The fact that I'm not, and have no desire to or even own any video games (gasp!!) is a testament to the fact that I live by my sig line.

I don't know that owning the latest version of Civ is a trendy status symbol. But it sounds like you're a tweener: Young enough to find your way to the message board, but too old to play video games.

Clearly too old to worry about being a nerd.

Gameplay is great from what I've seen so far, and I love the city-states.

I'm curious how the effects of removing culture and religion are affecting the game. I loved increasing the culture of my civilization so that everyone wanted to switch to my side. Looks like that's gone now.

The combat is COMPLETELY different too, and maybe for the better.

I'm curious how the effects of removing culture and religion are affecting the game. I loved increasing the culture of my civilization so that everyone wanted to switch to my side. Looks like that's gone now.

The combat is COMPLETELY different too, and maybe for the better.

One unit per tile has been the hardest thing for me to get used to. Once I figured how to conquer cities, it was only a matter of time before my legionaries took over my continent. Also cool? The legions can build roads! NICE.