0 and 2 but still in it

The Natural

Even with as bad as we have played we are not alone. Here at the 0 and 2 teams in the league right now: Bills, Browns, Cowboys, Vikings, Lions, Panthers, and Rams. With the next two games being division games we are not out of anything yet. If we can just win one of these games and then the Jags game we have a chance. The middle of the schedule is the weakest part after our bye week. If we get to bye week 2-3 the season is not over at all. The AFC East will continue to beat each other so this division can be won with 9-10 games this year. With a new offense and defense we should continue to improve as the season goes on. Score doesn't show it but I thought the offense showed a much better game plan this week and defense was just put in to many bad situations with turnovers. Green Bay is also a SB contender so getting blown out by them is probably going to happen either way. GO BILLS!!!

The AFC East is not a great division. The Vikes pretty much did everything to lose that game to the Fins. If I was a Jets fan, I still won't trust Sanchez. And the fact that Sanchez looked like a legit pro QB yesterday says a lot about NE's defense.

I'm not making an illusions were going to win the division but it is very flawed.

Still in what? Contention for the first overall draft pick?

I seriously doubt we are the worst football team in the NFL. We are a young team and will win games with the defense we have and if we run the ball with the RBs we have. I'm not saying we will win the division, but week 2 we still have the chance as it is early in the season.

The AFC East is not a great division. The Vikes pretty much did everything to lose that game to the Fins. If I was a Jets fan, I still won't trust Sanchez. And the fact that Sanchez looked like a legit pro QB yesterday says a lot about NE's defense.

I'm not making an illusions were going to win the division but it is very flawed.

I agree. AFC East has turned into one of the weakest divisions in football. NE is the best team, and their defense is very suspect; not a powerhouse by any means. Miami barely beat Buffalo and the Jets are the most overrated team in the league. Not that Buffalo is in legitimate contention ... but the division is basically up for grabs.

One of the weakest divisions in football? Not even remotely true. And even if it were, it's only because we pull the division down so much.

Look, I'm not trying to be Negative Nancy, but please spare us the wishful thinking. You hope to see some of the young guys improve? You want us (for once) to have a relatively injury-free year? You want the coaching staff to not lose this bunch and keep them positive (an important thing if we're ever going to snap out of this funk moving forward)? Fine. But don't talk about winning the division, winning 8-10 games and the other nonsense I've read in my 10 minutes on the board this morning.

You can make a solid argument that if you ranked separate units 1 through 32, we would be in the bottom five at the quarterback position, offensive line, tight ends, wide receivers, defensive line and linebackers.

We suck. Terribly.

If it turns out I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it. I hope I am wrong and will gain no level of satisfaction by being right. But if we win more than four games this year, I'll be stunned.

This is not a knee-jerk reaction to two poor performances to start the season. This is based on what I have seen from this organization for many years. Chan Gailey and Buddy Nix couldn't possibly fix this mess quickly. Time will tell if they can fix it at all. Here's hoping they do.

The Pats* were somewhat exposed by the Jests last week, and it will be interesting to see if the change to Fitz lights a spark with the Buffalo "O" -- it's very hard to predict. Of course, I expect the Bills to lose, but there are a lot of variables.

Regardless, the point of the OP is absolutely correct. If by some chance the Bills were to beat NE* and the Jests over the next two weeks, they could find themselves in a tie atop the division.

Hey, laugh all you want, but when Miami made the playoffs in 2008 after going 1-15, they started 0-2 and lost 31-10 to the Cards. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/mia/2008.htm

I get 14 more Bills games this year and I'll try to make the best of them. :ph34r:

You do realize they acquired a lot of free agents between seasons including a legitimate NFL QB, Chad Pennington, who had a rare season where he was not injured. There is no QB in a healthy Pennington's league on this roster. As the parody song says "With no quarterbackin', get those bags a packin'"

Moving from delusional to insanity. 2 games back is as close as the Bills will ever get to the top of the division this year and that's only because they have only played 2 games. They are not going to win more than 2 games this year. That's reality.

Hey, laugh all you want, but when Miami made the playoffs in 2008 after going 1-15, they started 0-2 and lost 31-10 to the Cards. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/mia/2008.htm

I get 14 more Bills games this year and I'll try to make the best of them. :ph34r:

Well put. You really can't go in with a better attitude.

That being said, at this point I will be watching every second of every game expecting the Bills to lose. That way when they win I will be elated and surprised and if they lose, I won't get as low as I did in week 1. I really expected a better on-field product on the offensive end with Gailey's "offensive mastermind' reputation. I would rather enjoy the rest of my Sunday, as I did this past week, than deal with a Bills loss "hangover". I love the Bills, but there are always three other games to watch every week (Sunday pm, night and Monday night) that I will enjoy a lot more if I'm not brought down by this Bills team.