Nice "Showcase" Game

So we draft a running back in the top ten, which doesn't happen every year and only happens for the most elite prospects. Then we just don't play him. At all.

Then we take our third string running back, and run some weird showcase offense in hopes that another team might want him.

Meanwhile Jackson still looks like the best running back on the team - LOL.

Guess what guys, 64 yards on 17 carries and no TDs or big plays isn't really going to spark a lot of interest.

Nice work Buddy and Chan! :thumbsup:

Spiller probably sat because he's a rookie facing a huge rush. Rookie RBs generally can't pick up a blitz or a rushing linebacker to save their lives, and so my guess is they sat him for more experienced backs that had a chance of blocking. If that is the case I understand the reasoning, but I think maybe he should have seen the field a bit more.

The other problem is that if you read the board here, fans are in no mood to be patient with a rookie RB. He's going to make mistakes, he's going to miss blocks, and he's going to dance around before hitting a hole because it worked for him in college. Like the rest of the team while the Bills are rebuilding, it will take time for him. But it seems as if idiot fans don't realize that, and are impatient.

The fact is fans MUST be patient with a new coach, new schemes, new GM, etc. As bad as the Bills have drafted over the past 10 years, we're going to have to go through this before it gets better. If you are a kitty and can't hack it, I suggest you stop watching for a year or two.

Why do fans HAVE to be patient? Just because we are fans of the inept and bumbling Buffalo Bills? Why can other teams and their fans get treated to their teams going from crappy to decent/good in a year?

Oh yeah, because we refuse to acquire a coach and a quarterback.

Washington made themselves over from a Billslike pushover to instantly competitive with the best teams in the NFL by using free agency as a tool to improve, bringing in a proven, respected NFL caliber head coach and quarterback. Easy breezy.

But we HAVE to be patient, because we are a bad organization top to bottom, and the bad organizations can only catch lightning in a bottle and luckbox a good team once every 50 years or so.

What we are is the Kansas City Royals, using our games to shop our players to other teams while playing what only loosely resembles football.

And we just sit and take it because we are just so gosh darn lucky that we even have an NFL team, because everyone knows deep down inside that Buffalo is the absolute worst city with an NFL franchise.

And Trent Beiber is an embarrassment. A disgusting, pathetic, emo embarrassment.

It'll start getting real fun around here when everyones hilarious "we are going to shock the world! Playoffs baby!" threads are unearthed.

Anyone going to hold the organization accountable, or are you just going to keep bowing your head in thanks and try not to make any waves because you know Buffalo doesn't deserve a team in the first place.

Thank you sir, can I have some more?

Also, about the only thing I have any patience for on this abortion of a team is C.J. Spiller. He is the only player that has a chance of being an NFL-caliber superstar. We know all of the other players stink already.

Edited by akm0404

Yet the best blitz pick up was done by Spiller. A GB LB tried to jump him, expecting Spiller simply cut-block. Spiller held his ground and gave TE the time he needed. Unfortunately Matthews blew thru the middle on that play for one of his three sacks ... but Spiller did his job

Spiller probably sat because he's a rookie facing a huge rush. Rookie RBs generally can't pick up a blitz or a rushing linebacker to save their lives, and so my guess is they sat him for more experienced backs that had a chance of blocking. If that is the case I understand the reasoning, but I think maybe he should have seen the field a bit more.

The other problem is that if you read the board here, fans are in no mood to be patient with a rookie RB. He's going to make mistakes, he's going to miss blocks, and he's going to dance around before hitting a hole because it worked for him in college. Like the rest of the team while the Bills are rebuilding, it will take time for him. But it seems as if idiot fans don't realize that, and are impatient.

The fact is fans MUST be patient with a new coach, new schemes, new GM, etc. As bad as the Bills have drafted over the past 10 years, we're going to have to go through this before it gets better. If you are a kitty and can't hack it, I suggest you stop watching for a year or two.

Why do fans HAVE to be patient? Just because we are fans of the inept and bumbling Buffalo Bills? Why can other teams and their fans get treated to their teams going from crappy to decent/good in a year?

Oh yeah, because we refuse to acquire a coach and a quarterback.

Washington made themselves over from a Billslike pushover to instantly competitive with the best teams in the NFL by using free agency as a tool to improve, bringing in a proven, respected NFL caliber head coach and quarterback. Easy breezy.

But we HAVE to be patient, because we are a bad organization top to bottom, and the bad organizations can only catch lightning in a bottle and luckbox a good team once every 50 years or so.

What we are is the Kansas City Royals, using our games to shop our players to other teams while playing what only loosely resembles football.

And we just sit and take it because we are just so gosh darn lucky that we even have an NFL team, because everyone knows deep down inside that Buffalo is the absolute worst city with an NFL franchise.

And Trent Beiber is an embarrassment. A disgusting, pathetic, emo embarrassment.

It'll start getting real fun around here when everyones hilarious "we are going to shock the world! Playoffs baby!" threads are unearthed.

Anyone going to hold the organization accountable, or are you just going to keep bowing your head in thanks and try not to make any waves because you know Buffalo doesn't deserve a team in the first place.

Thank you sir, can I have some more?

Also, about the only thing I have any patience for on this abortion of a team is C.J. Spiller. He is the only player that has a chance of being an NFL-caliber superstar. We know all of the other players stink already.

Years ago the Saints fans wore paper bags over their heads. Maybe we can organize such a things amoung our fans. A sign of soilidairty and holding this team accountable for their actions. If nothing else it might make us feel better.

Years ago the Saints fans wore paper bags over their heads. Maybe we can organize such a things amoung our fans. A sign of soilidairty and holding this team accountable for their actions. If nothing else it might make us feel better.

Just 5 years ago, the Saints didn't even have a home. It could be worse, people.

Only if you get a plastic bag...

I kid I kid (too easy to pass up hope you understand)

It's worth noting that Hawk played nearly the entire game after essentially sitting out last week. To me, it seems patently obvious that they were showcasing Lynch. Otherwise, why would they be handing it off to him when the game got out of hand? The Bills definitely want to trade him, but my understanding is that the problem is extra years - Lynch wants them, and Ted Thompson doesn't want to give them. We'll see if they get it worked out. If it's going to happen, it's going to happen soon.

I would and do agree mostly. The biggest B word or concerns that I have is WE ALL KNEW THE LINE SUCKED BEFORE. If you build a team, then start with a foundation. Trent is not the teams foundation, so it all starts with the line. On offense, the line should have been addressed first. I'm not saying the draft, but they did have options via free agents. I'm also not saying we shouldn't have picked Spiller, but the front office should have addressed the line. The line also starts at center. If the line is breaking down and not picking up on stunts, then the center needs to be held accountable. They scan for blitzes and scan for stunts. I feel the front office didn't do enough for this. Now the qb. Do we need to discuss how scared Trent looks when he gets the ball snapped at him? Trent is playing his last year as a Bill. I know rebuilding and I know that it takes time, but one cannot argue that the team has not done enough to build a foundation to build off of. When do they address this issue, next year? If the team felt we had a good enough foundation, then the qb was next. You can't argue this point, and it will be a tough year. Maybe the best thing for us Bills fans will be that they have a lock out next year and we have to get a team brought in so we can at the very least look like a NFL team. Even you have to admitt that it looked like we were a college team going against a pro team.

It's worth noting that Hawk played nearly the entire game after essentially sitting out last week. To me, it seems patently obvious that they were showcasing Lynch. Otherwise, why would they be handing it off to him when the game got out of hand? The Bills definitely want to trade him, but my understanding is that the problem is extra years - Lynch wants them, and Ted Thompson doesn't want to give them. We'll see if they get it worked out. If it's going to happen, it's going to happen soon.

They are not trading Lynch. They've said it all along. Today, they allowed Joique Bell to get signed by Philly rather than activating him to the roster. Lynch is here to stay. Maybe they gave Lynch the most carries because he has shown last week and in practice that he is most capable of carrying the load.