[please fix subject]Kelsay

Red

Ok, I watched Kelsay today, and what is his upside? What exactly is his strength on the field to guarantee a roster spot?

He can't rush the passer. He can't even get into the backfield to pressure the passer. He can't contain (which when he was a DE was a primary responsibility). He can't tackle. I watched today where he was off in coverage, Bryd tackled the receiver short of the first down marker, but in plods Kelsay to hit the receiver and give him forward progress for the 1st down.

Now as an OLB, how many games are we going to see opposing QB's take advantage of Mr. Plodder in coverage? He can't cover.

I'm hoping that this season will be his last with the Bills. He has done nothing IMO to warrant a job. And that contract he was awarded from Levy.

Sheeeesh...... :doh:

Ok, I watched Kelsay today, and what is his upside? What exactly is his strength on the field to guarantee a roster spot?

He can't rush the passer. He can't even get into the backfield to pressure the passer. He can't contain (which when he was a DE was a primary responsibility). He can't tackle. I watched today where he was off in coverage, Bryd tackled the receiver short of the first down marker, but in plods Kelsay to hit the receiver and give him forward progress for the 1st down.

Now as an OLB, how many games are we going to see opposing QB's take advantage of Mr. Plodder in coverage? He can't cover.

I'm hoping that this season will be his last with the Bills. He has done nothing IMO to warrant a job. And that contract he was awarded from Levy.

Sheeeesh...... :doh:

\Dude I saw that play and laughed at exactly that. Kelsay the lummox helped the guy past the line to gain. Byrd shoulda punched him.

He played better than Poz. Just sayin..

If you think Kelsay is a better linebaker than Poz, your on crack. Poz had 6 tackles and a sack in the first half last week before getting hurt. Now, if you said, he is more durable than Poz, I would conceed that.

Edited by tonyd19

If you think Kelsay is a better linebaker than Poz, your on crack. Poz had 6 tackles and a sack in the first half last week before getting hurt. Now, if you said, he is more durable than Poz, I would conceed that.

I'm suggesting that Poz can be the best LB in the history of the game; but if he can't stay healthy what good is it? Kelsay ,for all the grief you or anyone may want to give him, is at the least out on the field trying to make a play.

He's a 4-3 end playing OLB in a 3-4. What, you're expecting him to be decent in coverage? :lol:

Hardly. Actually, I was thinking this was a coaching decision on par with installing a no-huddle offense to be run with a gutless QB and behind a line where no one on the line had played 1 NFL snap in that position for the Bills before.

In a word: Embarrassing.

Edited by Sisyphean Bills

I'm suggesting that Poz can be the best LB in the history of the game; but if he can't stay healthy what good is it? Kelsay ,for all the grief you or anyone may want to give him, is at the least out on the field trying (and failing)to make a play.

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

[This is an automated response]

"Kelsay" : What really more needs to be said?

Thank you.

I'm suggesting that Poz can be the best LB in the history of the game; but if he can't stay healthy what good is it? Kelsay ,for all the grief you or anyone may want to give him, is at the least out on the field trying to make a play.

If you or anyone else out there can even attempt to defend the fact that Chris Kelsay is on the field, you're fing insane. It is maybe the most disturbing thing about this team. This guy shouldn't even be a depth player let alone a STARTER at LB. It makes me sick.

If you or anyone else out there can even attempt to defend the fact that Chris Kelsay is on the field, you're fing insane. It is maybe the most disturbing thing about this team. This guy shouldn't even be a depth player let alone a STARTER at LB. It makes me sick.

You're all right. Kelsay should be cut to make more room for Poz and Mitchell. I'm wrong. I really hope Chan sees the error of his ways and starts Poz or Mitchell next week.

I have to agree 100% Why oh Why they put him on the field is mystery???

You're all right. Kelsay should be cut to make more room for Poz and Mitchell. I'm wrong. I really hope Chan sees the error of his ways and starts Poz or Mitchell next week.

Mitchell is on IR, Won't see him this year....