[please fix subject]Kelsay

Red

I have to agree 100% Why oh Why they put him on the field is mystery???

Because they didn't get the job done in the offseason. Plain and simple. They were satisfied with what they had and/or couldn't identify help to be found.

Hindsight will prove that there were quality OT's to be had, pass rushing OLB's to be had......even a quality QB. There always are. Good teams don't have to use the term "hindsight" very often.

He's a 4-3 end playing OLB in a 3-4. What, you're expecting him to be decent in coverage? :lol:

Schobel probably had the right idea...he'd look just as bad as an OLB, through no fault of his own.

You are exactly right. What is he supposed to cover Finley 30 yards down the field? He is a back-up run-stopping 4-3 DE on most teams. Somehow, he is a starting 3-4 OLB covering tight ends on our team. Not really his fault he's getting shredded.

You're all right. Kelsay should be cut to make more room for Poz and Mitchell. I'm wrong. I really hope Chan sees the error of his ways and starts Poz or Mitchell next week.

I obviously sense your sarcasm and I'm afraid....I'm not saying Poz or Mitchell or any of our other LB's are going to the pro bowl any time soon, but if you honestly can't see that they are at the very least representative of a NFL player, then hats off. Kelsay was borderline as a 4-3 DE and is an absolute embarassment as a 3-4 linebacker. How anyone who watches the games cannot see this, is beyond me. The only interesting thing to watch this year may be the battle between him and Cornell Green to determine who is the worst player on the field.

If Kelsay is so bad why does he have the most tackles? Is it because they run at him?

Yes, he is so bad that opposing QBs check out of their play to attack Kelsay's side, and 90% of those tackles seem to come after a healthy gain. He was a serviceable depth DE in the 4-3 who was noted for his overpursuit and lack of athleticism in pass defense. In the 3-4, he is a horrorshow, and I mean this not in the Nadsat sense.

If you think Kelsay is a better linebaker than Poz, your on crack. Poz had 6 tackles and a sack in the first half last week before getting hurt. Now, if you said, he is more durable than Poz, I would conceed that.

I think Ellison is better than both of them - and I am only on Labatt Light!!