NFL draws line on Pinto Ken's bowling ball shots

Meathead

"When it comes to protecting its fan base in a tough economy, the NFL is taking a hard line on what it considers unacceptable behavior, said Jeffrey Miller, NFL director of strategic security programs."

What the hell does a tough economy have to do with "protecting" fans from "unacceptable behavior?" Jeffrey Miller sounds like a complete idiot.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I'm glad they did something about this freak show. This isn't "tradition", this is an embarrassment.

I'm sure it's an embarrassing thing to explain to Muffy while the two of you are snacking on your watercress tea sandwiches and sipping organic green tea in the parking lot before the game. Make sure you keep those ruffians away from your Volvo wagon.

Will you see the NFL in the BUS lot next game? Will they shut down Keg parties, including upside down drinking, Bong and octobonging beer, Beer Pong, and other drinking games. What about the RV lots. Will the NFL be in the RV Lot on Saturdays? It's all about families so....

I'm sure it's an embarrassing thing to explain to Muffy while the two of you are snacking on your watercress tea sandwiches and sipping organic green tea in the parking lot before the game. Make sure you keep those ruffians away from your Volvo wagon.

No it's fun to watch people who are so drunk they can barely stand up cover each other with ketchup and eat like homeless people.

I fail to see the charm in that.

This is so dumb for so many reasons probably already discussed in this thread. There are things going on during Buffalo Bills and other teams' tailgates that are 10X worse than bowling ball shots, including things being snorted, other things being smoked, and asses getting kicked. Not to mention the occasional tit-flashing and horribly entertaining profanity. Get bent, NFL.

umm... I wouldn't say they are worse, but I would say that they are less family friendly.

No it's fun to watch people who are so drunk they can barely stand up cover each other with ketchup and eat like homeless people.

How do you find time in to take in the sheer barbarism that is football in between all the fine programming of PBS?

Here's a tip, stay away from the stadium so you can be as self-righteous as you want at home.

So does anyone know where Ken is moving? My Lot Two companion numbers have dwindled over the last few seasons and the remaining few of us are in agreement that it may be time to move.

Oh and Cowherd basically just called Pinto Ron a loser. No more WGR from 10-12 for me.

Im up for betting a lot of money that this clown hasnt as much as walked past Ken's Pinto, let alone has actually taken part in the festivities. And by 'festivities" I dont mean standing next to Ken when he gets doused...I mean just being there and hanging out.

On edit...would it have been sso hard for a Bills or NFL rep to just speak to Ken about toning down the shots a bit or something? The NFL's got a point, overall. People get WAY too blitzed in the parking lots, across the league. But as usual they use a Howitzer, when a .22 will do.

Edited by RkFast

I had the opportunity to meet Kenny and fellow Bills tailgaters last year at Charlotte and was honored to do the "Bowling Ball". It is a shame that a time honored tradition is going to be uprooted. I hope the "new" digs will allow for the tradition to continue.

I do love to drink a few before a game, but it seems like the piss-blind drunk approach has gotten way out of hand, and seems like such a waste anyway.

This. I don't agree with the NFL singling out Kenny, but this is a clear case of the many suffering from the actions of a few. Although the "few" are becoming a larger percentage of the crowd in recent years so I'm not surprised that the NFL has come down on the most recognizable tailgate experience. Again I don't agree with shutting Kenny down, but you have to agree that the Bills/NFL need to do something. The behavior at games is just way out of control. And yes I have done the bowling ball shot myself.