Marshawn Lynch 'is not available'

earthtobrint

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/39203364/ns/sports-player_news/

Since he was not traded during the draft, it appears Nix is intent on keeping Lynch a Bill.

If Nix is confident Fred Jackson is about to fall off the 30 year old running back cliff and doesn't believe Spiller will ever be an every down back, then maybe this makes sense. But if Lynch is going to be buried at #3 on the depth chart and then released for nothing at the end of his contract, his tenure here has been a huge waste of an asset on a team starving for draft picks and help at other positions.

On a side note, an NFL Network reporter takes another (somewhat justifiable) shot at the Bills operation.

Edited by earthtobrint

I don't think it's justifiable to proclaim the Bills' entire operation is "mind boggling" because they won't accept a mid round pick for Marshawn. Is gambling with a mid round pick worth as much to the organization as a 24 year old Pro Bowl RB? Would it be mind boggling if the Panthers refused to trade Jonathan Stewart for a mid round pick? Reporters that insist on adding snarky shots across the bow instead of only reporting the details come across like giggling school boys with milk squirting out their nose.

Here's the dilemma, Nix trades Lynch to GB and Freddie goes down again and he'll get gutted by the media.

If he trades Marshawn and he goes to GB and excels then he'll get gutted by the media.

There is no win here for him. If you were paying attention was he was named the GM he said he was far more interested in retaining the players he has then playing the FA game.

The Bills aren't starving for Draft picks, they have one in each round I believe, and Nix is not the kind of GM who is willing to deal them away or trade them to move around in the draft.

it was only one game, and Miami played to stop the run all day cause they knew trent couldn't beat them. They will get all 3 RB's into the game more as the season moves on. Lynch and Jackson getting hurt and missing the preseason really hurt Gaileys game planning cause they couldn't practice what they planned to do without them. And this was Jackson first game back with a protective cover on his hand.

Unless its a steal for the Bills, trading any of the 3 RB's right now is a bad idea, unless they feel that Bell is ready to step in as a starter

Reporters that insist on adding snarky shots across the bow instead of only reporting the details come across like giggling school boys with milk squirting out their nose.

I agree with you that the snarky comment by La Canfora was unnecessary. The topic has probably opened the door for more unneeded "I hate this reporter for talking bad about the Bills" threads.

Here's the dilemma, Nix trades Lynch to GB and Freddie goes down again and he'll get gutted by the media.

If he trades Marshawn and he goes to GB and excels then he'll get gutted by the media.

There is no win here for him. If you were paying attention was he was named the GM he said he was far more interested in retaining the players he has then playing the FA game.

Being gutted by the media should be roll off an NFL GM's back or Nix would be crying in a corner with his thumb in his mouth right now. The team is already being gutted by the media and it shouldn't affect his decisions. He stated that he is building through the draft. This is not playing the FA game.

The Bills aren't starving for Draft picks, they have one in each round I believe, and Nix is not the kind of GM who is willing to deal them away or trade them to move around in the draft.

Any rebuilding team as bereft of talent on their roster as the Buffalo Bills does indeed need all the draft picks they can get, depending the compensation. And we're talking about moving a player for draft picks, not trading draft picks away.

I'm not in favor of trading Marshawn away for just anything but if they are going to keep him, they should use him in games more effectively (more touches and ahead of Fred on the depth chart) and he needs to produce. He's a talent that shouldn't be wasted either way.

Edited by earthtobrint

it was only one game, and Miami played to stop the run all day cause they knew trent couldn't beat them. They will get all 3 RB's into the game more as the season moves on. Lynch and Jackson getting hurt and missing the preseason really hurt Gaileys game planning cause they couldn't practice what they planned to do without them. And this was Jackson first game back with a protective cover on his hand.

Unless its a steal for the Bills, trading any of the 3 RB's right now is a bad idea, unless they feel that Bell is ready to step in as a starter

Maybe Nix is just posturing to get a better deal. The deal makes sense, but the Packers need to ante up. Face it, a Packers draft pick next year is going to be a late round pick, so when you're talking trading for a pick with the Packers, you need to take that into consideration. A 4th round pick from the Packers is not too far from being a 5th.

How about use Lynch, r the draft pick that he brings, and swing a trade for a MCNiel or a Mankins. Thats the only way I see trading Lynch a good move. Id rather have Lycnh than a 3rd is what I am saying, but I would give up a 2nd and 3rd(Lynch) for McNiel or Mankins.

Nix is is a good position to help the team with a trade but sending a 1st round pick who made the probowl (and would likely make it again for GB) for a 3rd would not be a good move without a player who was damn good along for the ride. The LB they are offering with the 3rd isn't it. I agree with the Mike in Ss opinion that this could look bad for BN if hr did it, so he prolly won't.

I just looked it up they signed ML to a 6 year contract as a rookie? wow. I thought he waqs up at the end of the year. so double no he isn't going out for less then a second and a decent player.

I agree with you that the snarky comment by La Canfora was unnecessary. The topic has probably opened the door for more unneeded "I hate this reporter for talking bad about the Bills" threads.

La Canfora is a SERIOUS hack...I can't believe that guy got a job on the NFL Network...I just can't believe it...He's a jackass douchebag...And that's on a good day... B-)

What is mind-boggling about wanting to keep good players on the team unless you get an offer that is too good to turn down? If I were GM of the Bills it'd take a player plus at LEAST a second round draft pick before I'd give up Lynch. That's too much you say? The market for an RB is much lower than that? Well great I'll be happy to keep his locker for him.

It seems like the media wants the Bills to trade Lynch, so he can play for one of their accepted teams, and are determined to just throw snarky barbs out like spoiled children when they don't get their way.

My thoughts all along have been that considering Fred's age (29) the Bills will not trade Marshawn because in 2 years Fred may no longer be on the team. Also, when the salary cap returns it will not be viable to keep 3 RB's at high salaries.

I don't know for sure, but I'd assume if the offer was right, anyone on our team is capable of being shipped out, including our 3rd string RB.

I can also think of 2 other RB's who showed more promise during pre-season games than Lynch has the last couple of years, albeit against 2nd/3rd team D's.

Not sure I believe he's not available, Nix is simply posturing.

Of course Nix is posturing. Remember that he was groomed under the personable (sarcasm) AJ Smith and say what you want but AJ doesn't blink when it comes down to getting the return value on his personnel. Green Bay will make this trade because they are in dire need of someone like Lynch's abilities. The biggest obstacle that I can see is that Green Bay's GM Ted Thompson doesn't like to part with draft picks and Buffalo wants good compensation for Lynch so a trade straight up for Hawk doesn't look like it would cut it for Buffalo but changing the dynamics might make the difference for both parties. It would make more sense if Buffalo tossed in a draft pick (5th or 6th rder?) with Lynch and trade for Hawk and C/G Jason Spitz, especially now that Hangartner is coming up gimpy. It would be a win-win situation for both teams.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/39203364/ns/sports-player_news/

Since he was not traded during the draft, it appears Nix is intent on keeping Lynch a Bill.

If Nix is confident Fred Jackson is about to fall off the 30 year old running back cliff and doesn't believe Spiller will ever be an every down back, then maybe this makes sense. But if Lynch is going to be buried at #3 on the depth chart and then released for nothing at the end of his contract, his tenure here has been a huge waste of an asset on a team starving for draft picks and help at other positions.

On a side note, an NFL Network reporter takes another (somewhat justifiable) shot at the Bills operation.

The reporter says the Bills are missing out on a mid-range pick. I wouldn't trade Marshawn for a mid-range pick either. If someone offers a second, then I'd seriously think about it. In two years, Marshawn might even be willing to re-up, particularly if we get a great QB in the offseason somehow and start to look like we have a future. You never know.

Nix is is a good position to help the team with a trade but sending a 1st round pick who made the probowl (and would likely make it again for GB) for a 3rd would not be a good move without a player who was damn good along for the ride. The LB they are offering with the 3rd isn't it. I agree with the Mike in Ss opinion that this could look bad for BN if hr did it, so he prolly won't.

I just looked it up they signed ML to a 6 year contract as a rookie? wow. I thought he waqs up at the end of the year. so double no he isn't going out for less then a second and a decent player.

And this guy sounds like one of our players already

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7754

also keep in mind iit won't be a lower 2nd or 3rd round player, more like an early 3rd or 4th.