Again, ignoring the QB and OL situation will doom us this year...

Merle Haggard

The only time I get pissed off is when I have high expectations and become disappointed. I am a huge Bills fan and drive 5 hours one way for the games. Some of you guys are really just mentally ill. The OBVIOUS plan with this team is to spend as little as possible, focus on the draft, install new schemes across the board while learning who they can coach up and who they can't, and the clear side effect of this process is a top 3 pick in next years draft. They really do seem to just be starting over with low overhead. Based on previous decision making in the organization over the years, it just doesn't make sense to spend a lot of money on players when you haven't been very good at it before. If the obvious reality is too much to deal with, start pulling for a different team, and give up your season tickets so that I can continue upgrading. The world is a scary place, if the Bills season is that hard on you, get help. Fast! Go Bills.

So when the Bills do find someone with ability and "coach them up", will we start to have pro-bowl players or will we trade them to Philly?

Edited by LGB

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually you are misunderstanding my gripe here. I would have been all for a Delhomme, McNabb, Bomar, or even a Tod Collins over the crappy QBs we have. One of these fellas would at least be a stopgap.

Oh and yeah I do own season tickets pal, for the past 25 years - which is probably longer than you have even been born. Yeah, I got plenty of "skin in the game".

My point, again, is ignoring the QB and OL this offseason will cost us dearly as we are probably looking at a 3-13 season. Newsflash ace, we are right up there with the Browns as the laughing stock of the league. Get real.

Sorry I misunderstood Merle. I thought you were saying it was better to lose a lot of games this year and risk it on a first round "franchise QB" than go the free agent route.

Glad to hear you are a fellow season ticket holder. That's why you too are tired of the losing and don't want to wait until the stars align and we get just the right roster to make a Super Bowl run like so many on here want to (I think).

Actually I've been alive the whole time you've had season tickets plus many more years beyond that!

Go BILLs !!

Sorry I misunderstood Merle. I thought you were saying it was better to lose a lot of games this year and risk it on a first round "franchise QB" than go the free agent route.

Glad to hear you are a fellow season ticket holder. That's why you too are tired of the losing and don't want to wait until the stars align and we get just the right roster to make a Super Bowl run like so many on here want to (I think).

Actually I've been alive the whole time you've had season tickets plus many more years beyond that!

Go BILLs !!

Apology accepted my friend. I too apologize for my sharp response. You and I are on the same page. I never cease to be amazed that some around here are content with the status quo and dismiss outright going out and boldly getting the players and coaches we need to win. A combination of free agents, trades, draft picks will fix this trainwreck as opposed to sticking our heads in the sand.

Go Bills indeed!

So you would trade Spiller for Anthony Davis / Bulaga? Or you would trade Troup for Claussen? Or you would trade Spiller plus to move up for injured Okung? Or you want to mortgage the future and send Spiller plus multiple picks for Bradford? Or Troup and another pick to move up for Saffold or Tebow?

I'm just not sure where you see the better value at these positions than what we drafted that will be a short term fix. I look forward to having a great QB, but mostly I look forward to having a good team. Wasting multiple picks to move up or reaching for need are not ways to have this roster get the most talented it can get.

I don't like our weak spots, and I am iffy on Bell and not sold on Trent, but I just don't see the un-doom options out there that would have made us a better football team.

Yes and Yes

Also, There were numerous trades to mbe made as well. Like the one that sent Jammaal Brown to the Skins for a 3rd or 4th (depending on the McNadd trade). Or McNabb for that matter. We could have tendererd Incognito. Cornell Green has looked like a load of sh*t since day 1. The Ball has been dropped big time and its showing.

Edited by Thoner7

Yes and Yes

Also, There were numerous trades to mbe made as well. Like the one that sent Jammaal Brown to the Skins for a 3rd or 4th (depending on the McNadd trade). Or McNabb for that matter. We could have tendererd Incognito. Cornell Green has looked like a load of sh*t since day 1. The Ball has been dropped big time and its showing.

Why is it that we have a contingent around here who cannot see the forest through all those trees? LOL. Solid response my man. :thumbsup:

Edited by Merle Haggard

What I wouldn't have done is ignored the OL and QB positions which is what we did. Bold thinking gets us out of the NFL celler, not the status quo. Unlike some of you, I find it unacceptable to do nothing. Trade a pick or two for some proven vets.

Short term fix? Not hardly. We need more players, a mix of proven vets and youngsters - Trent Edwards would be hard pressed to be 3rd string on any other team, the same goes for most all of our OLinemen.

Are you even old enough to remember when the Bills had their Super Bowl runs? Continued patience approach is a recipe for continued dissapointment.

so what you're saying is that you'd like the Bills to do what they did the last several years by thinking we are close and bringing in a vet (T.O. anyone) and ignoring the fact that we needed a total rebuild. We aren't close, nor have we been. The fact of the matter is that the Bills have missed on so many first and and second round picks that we lack good talent. If fact, the only two teams to have fewer draft picks still on the roster since 2006 is Detroit and the Rams. So you are sick of rubbing shoulders of the dwellers of the NFL, that stat shows why we are there. Further, that stat shows you need to hit on draft picks to get great in this league. So trading picks for Bradford or a vet would just put us further behind.

Who is the mystery quarterback you want? McNabb didn't want to come here. Bradford costs our first, second, third this year and our first next year. Further putting us in a hole for talent. The fact of the matter is that previous regimes missed on so many first round picks that we lack talent. Maybe we can get Vick to come here next year while we allow our draft pick to learn and get NFL ready.

Also, looking forward, the 2011 draft class is QB and OL talent rich. This might be the best tackle class we've seen in a long time. Also, don't forget about Ed Wang, this guy has potential, it sucks that he got hurt in camp, but he'll be our starting RT by years end.

There is no quick fix to this disaster of a team. Sit back, and try to get enjoyment of watching guys like David Nelson develop and hope we can get this turned around for next year. We are many players away from competing, not just one or two.

so what you're saying is that you'd like the Bills to do what they did the last several years by thinking we are close and bringing in a vet (T.O. anyone) and ignoring the fact that we needed a total rebuild. We aren't close, nor have we been. The fact of the matter is that the Bills have missed on so many first and and second round picks that we lack good talent. If fact, the only two teams to have fewer draft picks still on the roster since 2006 is Detroit and the Rams. So you are sick of rubbing shoulders of the dwellers of the NFL, that stat shows why we are there. Further, that stat shows you need to hit on draft picks to get great in this league. So trading picks for Bradford or a vet would just put us further behind.

Who is the mystery quarterback you want? McNabb didn't want to come here. Bradford costs our first, second, third this year and our first next year. Further putting us in a hole for talent. The fact of the matter is that previous regimes missed on so many first round picks that we lack talent. Maybe we can get Vick to come here next year while we allow our draft pick to learn and get NFL ready.

Also, looking forward, the 2011 draft class is QB and OL talent rich. This might be the best tackle class we've seen in a long time. Also, don't forget about Ed Wang, this guy has potential, it sucks that he got hurt in camp, but he'll be our starting RT by years end.

There is no quick fix to this disaster of a team. Sit back, and try to get enjoyment of watching guys like David Nelson develop and hope we can get this turned around for next year. We are many players away from competing, not just one or two.

So you want to stick your head in the sand and do nothing, and wait for the great Nix to draft 11 future HOFers. Right? LOL. Sound strategy.

McNabb was not the only QB that was available and there were OLmen available as well through free agency - not all of them chumps that you "lets not do anything risky" types love to ridicule. Again, we did absolutely nothing to plug the two biggest gaping holes we have, QB and OL. Amazing how a few of you bob your heads and wave pom poms at this decision. Most of us find it inexcuseable.

Sorry guy, you may enjoy losing, most of us do not.

Edited by Merle Haggard

Yes and Yes

I'm the last guy in the world to blindly back the decisions by this current FO...And no question if ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas...But I do think that, purely as a talent evaluator, Nix is pretty smart, proven, and savvy...

So lets just say that by the start of next Season the Bills have Ryan Mallett at QB, and a healthy Jared Gaither to play one of the OT Positions...Would you still rather have Clausen and Bulaga or Davis then? Cause I wouldn't...Especially based on what I've seen so far from those 3...Granted it's WAY too early to judge...But Bulaga can't crack an O-Line, even at OG, that gave up a TON of Sacks last year on a Team tha assumed he would grab a Starting job the minute he hit his 1st mini camp...Davis looked pretty rough his 1st Game...And admittedly I've never been a Jimmy Clausen Fan, but 21/42 - 231yds - 0 TD 2 INT - in 3 pre season games did little to change my mind so far...So I think at least for now, it's impossible to judge the Bills and Nix on their decision thus far...I don't want to wait either...And nobody around here really wants to lose...that would make you a loser by definition...But we have to see how this whole thing shakes out after next off season and Draft...If they are still hurting at QB and O-Line buy this time next year then yes...they deserve every bit of criticism they get, and then some... B-)

So lets just say that by the start of next Season the Bills have Ryan Mallett at QB, and a healthy Jared Gaither to play one of the OT Positions...Would you still rather have Clausen and Bulaga or Davis then?

That would be amazing... I am not sure what the chances are, but yeah.... Nix seems to understand QBs pretty well... he knew Bradford was probably the only QB talent that wasn't a big project, and it looks like that is true. Tebow, Clausen, and mccoy seem like they are going to take awhile to develop, if at all. And he was on a team that grabbed both brees and rivers... so I am hoping that when HE picks a QB that he projects as a starter, it will be a good one.

Sorry guys, I remain hopping mad that we ignored the QB and OL this past offseason. I have said it will cost us dearly, and it is turning out I am correct. I'm hard pressed to find any team we can beat at this juncture. I'm hard pressed to find any other team that would even start our mediocre QBs. The stinkin' fins threw our guys around like rag dolls. Pathetic.

Now I know some of you guys will howl, "but Merle, there was nobody available so we were smart to pass on a QB and OLmen." To this I say hogwash. We could have traded a pick or two for some talented vets that certainly would be better than wha twe have now.

As for Gailey, the jury is still out. To say the team looked "rusty" is an understatement. He was a risky selection, let's hope he pays off. Rest assured I will not continue to give him a free pass if we look as gawd awful as we did last week.

I say watch the Redskins.

They have been similar to us in terms of bad decisions, bad management, and bad ownership the past decade. The final result (win-loss record) also speaks volumes.

Washington did everything and with all of the people I wanted this offseason. They got Bruce Allen. They also got Shanahan. They traded for McNabb, and the RT from New Orleans. And they drafted a LT #1. That's everything I wanted the Bills to do.

I don't know if you saw the 'Skins vs Cowboys, but the 'Skins tried hard to give the game to the Cowboys. The Cowboys prevailed in wanting it less, so the 'Skins won by default.

Now, Washington went out and made the big deals, and filled the holes- the same holes, ironically, that we have- and even though they survived, they hardly dominated. McNabb struggled mightily to hit his receivers, overthrew balls, etc. He didn't look old, he looked terrible. Rusty.

I think McNabb will improve as the year progresses.

But looking around the league, there weren't too many sensational moves made by anybody (w/the exception of Boldin in Baltimore- boy, that will be trouble) that seem to have paid off. Delhomme looked pitiful for Cleveland.

It will be interesting to see how we look tomorrow. I actually think, with the strength of our secondary and with the lack of a running game in Green Bay, AND with the streamlined offensive strategy this week, that we have a good chance to win. In fact, if we can garner something of a pass rush I think we will win.

Edited by Red

I say watch the Redskins.

They have been similar to us in terms of bad decisions, bad management, and bad ownership the past decade. The final result (win-loss record) also speaks volumes.

Washington did everything and with all of the people I wanted this offseason. They got Bruce Allen. They also got Shanahan. They traded for McNabb, and the RT from New Orleans. And they drafted a LT #1. That's everything I wanted the Bills to do.

I don't know if you saw the 'Skins vs Cowboys, but the 'Skins tried hard to give the game to the Cowboys. The Cowboys prevailed in wanting it less, so the 'Skins won by default.

Now, Washington went out and made the big deals, and filled the holes- the same holes, ironically, that we have- and even though they survived, they hardly dominated. McNabb struggled mightily to hit his receivers, overthrew balls, etc. He didn't look old, he looked terrible. Rusty.

I think McNabb will improve as the year progresses.

But looking around the league, there weren't too many sensational moves made by anybody (w/the exception of Boldin in Baltimore- boy, that will be trouble) that seem to have paid off. Delhomme looked pitiful for Cleveland.

It will be interesting to see how we look tomorrow. I actually think, with the strength of our secondary and with the lack of a running game in Green Bay, AND with the streamlined offensive strategy this week, that we have a good chance to win. In fact, if we can garner something of a pass rush I think we will win.

It always amazed me how much the skins resembled us over the years. And I too was jealous with all the moves they made.... and I guess I still am. Though I wasn't too big a fan of Bruce Allen after seeing him in Tampa Bay... sure he helped build a super bowl team... but he was never really able to get a franchise QB.... which really bothered me since we haven't had a real franchise QB in so long, that is what I was craving.

The main thing I am jealous of (after week 1) is trent williams. The guy is making an instant impact at LT.... if we were going to take an LT in round 1, THAT is the type I would want. Not buluga. Mcnabb did look rusty, but i did want him... though I want him less now. But I would love to have trent williams over spiller. Too bad he didn't fall to us.

Sorry guys, I remain hopping mad that we ignored the QB and OL this past offseason. I have said it will cost us dearly, and it is turning out I am correct. I'm hard pressed to find any team we can beat at this juncture. I'm hard pressed to find any other team that would even start our mediocre QBs. The stinkin' fins threw our guys around like rag dolls. Pathetic.

Now I know some of you guys will howl, "but Merle, there was nobody available so we were smart to pass on a QB and OLmen." To this I say hogwash. We could have traded a pick or two for some talented vets that certainly would be better than wha twe have now.

As for Gailey, the jury is still out. To say the team looked "rusty" is an understatement. He was a risky selection, let's hope he pays off. Rest assured I will not continue to give him a free pass if we look as gawd awful as we did last week.

And it would have doomed us for 5 more years if we drafted Clausen or Bulaga.

So you want to stick your head in the sand and do nothing, and wait for the great Nix to draft 11 future HOFers. Right? LOL. Sound strategy.

McNabb was not the only QB that was available and there were OLmen available as well through free agency - not all of them chumps that you "lets not do anything risky" types love to ridicule. Again, we did absolutely nothing to plug the two biggest gaping holes we have, QB and OL. Amazing how a few of you bob your heads and wave pom poms at this decision. Most of us find it inexcuseable.

Sorry guy, you may enjoy losing, most of us do not.

Guy, I hate losing as much as the next guy. However, you have to realize that rebuilding is rebuilding and there is a right way to do it. You have to separate the fact that previos regimes have failed with their draft picks vs continuing to do the right thing and build through the draft. We have to hope that Nix and crew actually pick the right players, something we haven't done in a long time (Butler anyone).

McNabb didn't want to come here. So who else? Bulger, not a qb of the future. Rex Grossman, no better than Trent. Senaca Wallace, forget it. Vick, I'd love to see it, but dealing McNabb eliminates Vick (this year). Derek Anderson, I don't think he's any better than Trent. McCoy, Clausen, time will tell.

O-linemen, Gaither hasn't played, and has been injury prone and wants a crazy contract. Flozel, right tackle at best and is on the downside of his career. So what do we gain here? a modest increase and one year later of hashing out if Bell, Merideth and Wang are a long terms answer. You have to let players develop. If there was a great find that we passed on, I guess I missed it.

Look at Washington the last few years. All the free agents in the world, and no closer than we are. We've been drafting near Washington since we've been bad.

Let people develop and draft good players. We are so thin at talent, its the only way we are going to get close. We've dug ourselves in such a hole with bad drafting, it's a long way back.

Get a beer, put on some college football and watch for players you want on the bills and put on a helmet because it's going to be a long, necessary year to get the pick at the top

And it would have doomed us for 5 more years if we drafted Clausen or Bulaga.

Which would have been the Marv Levy approach to being the GM.

build the o-line with over-rated players with big contracts (Dockery, walker, even have a probowl LT!) and a young QB prospect that SO many people believe will be a solid starter in the nfl....... we sucked back then when we had a pro bowl LT and a young QB, and we still suck. If we are going to pick a QB and LT, let's actually pick ones that are good for once instead of jumping the gun just to "fill a need." We were doomed one way or another this year. It is nice that there are people like Meryle who have so much hope for this team that they think this team would actually be GOOD if we drafted buluga/clausen.... but this team would still be "doomed", and we probably would have been worse in the miami game actually.

And I think that it is borderline insulting that Meryle keeps saying we are "putting our heads in the sand" just because we don't agree with him. We know the team sucks, we know QB and tackle needs an upgrade... how is that putting our heads in the sand? Seriously. Is he even reading what people are saying? There are a million threads in the past week alone talking about how green and trent both suck. if that is putting the head in the sand, then that is just silly talk. And then he goes on "we can either do nothing and accept failure, or we can TALK about it and discuss how this team sucks...." wtf.... that is like my wife coming over to me and saying "taxes are too high. Let's sit here and TALK about taxes being to high with eachother and that will fix the problem.." hahaha, what the hell. Where is the logic in that if we TALK about green and trent sucking that they will all of a sudden not be problems anymore? It is like that scam artist that teaches classes on how to "wish" for checks to come in the mail, and they start coming on their own. It is crazy. What kind of voodoo is that?

man, "stick your head in the sand in pretend land or talk about trent and green sucking." Yeah meryle, you are the first one to create threads on these two being complete garbage. I don't know why anyone didn't think of it before you brought it up :rolleyes:

We are rebuilding.

You have to be "building" something to actually be "re-building".

What's sad is that the Bills aren't even saying they are rebuilding, you guys are just so accustomed to losing that it makes you feel better to make excuses.

In reality it's most likely that playoff contention has to happen quickly under Gailey. It's not going to be a 4 year climb to a wildcard berth.

Bad teams don't become good ones in baby steps anymore. Yet that seems to be what some people here believe.

I mean, who in their right mind buys the argument that QB and OL couldn't be improved this past offseason? So, I guess next year they will address OL or QB, then the other the following year......then they are golden. Please.

Bad teams don't become good ones in baby steps anymore. Yet that seems to be what some people here believe.

:rolleyes:

Try telling that to teams like the Falcons, Texans, and Saints. They took plenty of baby steps to get to the respectable stage. So I don't know what you are talking about. Unless you are talking about miami that went from worst in the nfl to divsion champ to not getting in the playoffs....

I'm the last guy in the world to blindly back the decisions by this current FO...And no question if ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas...But I do think that, purely as a talent evaluator, Nix is pretty smart, proven, and savvy...

So lets just say that by the start of next Season the Bills have Ryan Mallett at QB, and a healthy Jared Gaither to play one of the OT Positions...Would you still rather have Clausen and Bulaga or Davis then? Cause I wouldn't...Especially based on what I've seen so far from those 3...Granted it's WAY too early to judge...But Bulaga can't crack an O-Line, even at OG, that gave up a TON of Sacks last year on a Team tha assumed he would grab a Starting job the minute he hit his 1st mini camp...Davis looked pretty rough his 1st Game...And admittedly I've never been a Jimmy Clausen Fan, but 21/42 - 231yds - 0 TD 2 INT - in 3 pre season games did little to change my mind so far...So I think at least for now, it's impossible to judge the Bills and Nix on their decision thus far...I don't want to wait either...And nobody around here really wants to lose...that would make you a loser by definition...But we have to see how this whole thing shakes out after next off season and Draft...If they are still hurting at QB and O-Line buy this time next year then yes...they deserve every bit of criticism they get, and then some... B-)

Yes I would. (I dont like Davis. Bulaga is my guy. That thread on him being a G i believe is false. I have looked high and low and no where has it said he is anythign but a back up T. He cant beat out Tauscher, who was hurt at the begining of last year which is why they hgave up all those sacks. Tauscher has been a mainstay on that packer line for a decade. Bulaga not beating him out is nothing to worry about.)

I missed Mallets game today but going by last seasons performance Mallet doesnt have the accuracy to be anythign but a bust in the NFL. The one highlight I did see it looked like he had a pretty bad wind up too. Clausen would be in year 2 of his career and give us a better chance to win now(2011) and into the future(because at this point I dont like Mallet).

1 OT for us makes the glass half full. We need Bulaga AND Gaither. Having Gaither and Green leaves a lto to be desired. And who says Bulaga cant be a great LT?

Also, with our draft and FA record, who says we add a QB and LT next season? For all you know we will draft AJ Green(WR) or some DB next season because they were the "best player available"

Edited by Thoner7

Yes I would. (I dont like Davis. Bulaga is my guy. That thread on him being a G i believe is false. I have looked high and low and no where has it said he is anythign but a back up T. He cant beat out Tauscher, who was hurt at the begining of last year which is why they hgave up all those sacks. Tauscher has been a mainstay on that packer line for a decade. Bulaga not beating him out is nothing to worry about.)

I missed Mallets game today but going by last seasons performance Mallet doesnt have the accuracy to be anythign but a bust in the NFL. The one highlight I did see it looked like he had a pretty bad wind up too. Clausen would be in year 2 of his career and give us a better chance to win now(2011) and into the future(because at this point I dont like Mallet).

1 OT for us makes the glass half full. We need Bulaga AND Gaither. Having Gaither and Green leaves a lto to be desired. And who says Bulaga cant be a great LT?

Also, with our draft and FA record, who says we add a QB and LT next season? For all you know we will draft AJ Green(WR) or some DB next season because they were the "best player available"

:thumbsup:

Which would have been the Marv Levy approach to being the GM.

build the o-line with over-rated players with big contracts (Dockery, walker, even have a probowl LT!) and a young QB prospect that SO many people believe will be a solid starter in the nfl....... we sucked back then when we had a pro bowl LT and a young QB, and we still suck. If we are going to pick a QB and LT, let's actually pick ones that are good for once instead of jumping the gun just to "fill a need." We were doomed one way or another this year. It is nice that there are people like Meryle who have so much hope for this team that they think this team would actually be GOOD if we drafted buluga/clausen.... but this team would still be "doomed", and we probably would have been worse in the miami game actually.

And I think that it is borderline insulting that Meryle keeps saying we are "putting our heads in the sand" just because we don't agree with him. We know the team sucks, we know QB and tackle needs an upgrade... how is that putting our heads in the sand? Seriously. Is he even reading what people are saying? There are a million threads in the past week alone talking about how green and trent both suck. if that is putting the head in the sand, then that is just silly talk. And then he goes on "we can either do nothing and accept failure, or we can TALK about it and discuss how this team sucks...." wtf.... that is like my wife coming over to me and saying "taxes are too high. Let's sit here and TALK about taxes being to high with eachother and that will fix the problem.." hahaha, what the hell. Where is the logic in that if we TALK about green and trent sucking that they will all of a sudden not be problems anymore? It is like that scam artist that teaches classes on how to "wish" for checks to come in the mail, and they start coming on their own. It is crazy. What kind of voodoo is that?

man, "stick your head in the sand in pretend land or talk about trent and green sucking." Yeah meryle, you are the first one to create threads on these two being complete garbage. I don't know why anyone didn't think of it before you brought it up :rolleyes:

Kind of touchy aren't you big guy? LOL. BTW, my handle is spelled Merle, pleae remember this going forward. The way you defend every move Buddy is making, one would think you are delighted with our trio of crappy QBs and are subpar OL. Thank Buddy for doing absolutely nothing to shore up these gaping holes. Sound strategy. LOL.

I'm sick of losing. More sick of how awful our front office is in righting this listing ship. Again, how stupid was it to not address either the QB or OL this offseason either through the draft, free agency or draft? :doh: Answer: quite stupid indeed.

Edited by Merle Haggard

Kind of touchy aren't you big guy? LOL. BTW, my handle is spelled Merle, pleae remember this going forward. The way you defend every move Buddy is making, one would think you are delighted with our trio of crappy QBs and are subpar OL. Thank Buddy for doing absolutely nothing to shore up these gaping holes. Sound strategy. LOL.

I'm sick of losing. More sick of how awful our front office is in righting this listing ship. Again, how stupid was it to not address either the QB or OL this offseason either through the draft, free agency or draft? :doh: Answer: quite stupid indeed.

Yeah, me saying that the green signing is garbage is "praising every move buddy makes" :rolleyes:

This is why your posts have no cred. You throw around lies and accusations saying that I praise every move buddy makes? I have dissed plenty of moves buddy has made, especially the Green signing. If you are going to accuse me of something, can you at least say something that is actually true? If you do that, then I will spell your handle right in the future.

But until then, try to actually be honest and not throw around lies like me saying buddy makes all good decisions. That is a lie, and I have plenty of posts to back that up. You seem to have this black/white mentality.... if you don't hate buddy, then that must mean you LOVE buddy. yeah, sure dude. You won't find the gray area with that kind of blindness.

Yeah, me saying that the green signing is garbage is "praising every move buddy makes" :rolleyes:

This is why your posts have no cred. You throw around lies and accusations saying that I praise every move buddy makes? I have dissed plenty of moves buddy has made, especially the Green signing. If you are going to accuse me of something, can you at least say something that is actually true? If you do that, then I will spell your handle right in the future.

But until then, try to actually be honest and not throw around lies like me saying buddy makes all good decisions. That is a lie, and I have plenty of posts to back that up. You seem to have this black/white mentality.... if you don't hate buddy, then that must mean you LOVE buddy. yeah, sure dude. You won't find the gray area with that kind of blindness.

LOL. You are the one dismissing the valid concerns of good ole Buddy ignoring the QB and OL as "much ado over nothing". Quit being so sensitive.

As for your personal attack on my "cred", let me just say that having played the game at the college level I am fairly certain my knowledge of the game and its strategies far exceeds yours.

LOL. You are the one dismissing the valid concerns of good ole Buddy ignoring the QB and OL as "much ado over nothing". Quit being so sensitive.

As for your personal attack on my "cred", let me just say that having played the game at the college level I am fairly certain my knowledge of the game and its strategies far exceeds yours.

See, you are lying again. Maybe that is why I am so sensitive is because you are making stuff up about me. I haven't dismissed valid concerns. I have said Green is a terrible RT and that is all on Nix, and plenty other things. I don't know why you are saying lies. If you want your cred, then stop putting words in people's mouth.

You keep saying that I am ingoring buddy's mistakes, and you are flat out making that up. I have said numerous times to you (including this post) that buddy obviously has made mistakes... if me saying buddy has made mistakes is "loving every move that buddy makes," then you are living in pretend town... you keep saying you are "just tellin the truth" but you are filled with lies.

Answer me this one question: How am I loving every move that buddy makes when I have countless times complained about his handleing of: Cornell Green, lack of OLBs, Schobol, lynch, and then some. tell me. HOW is that "loving" every move that buddy makes? You are the one that accused me of that, and it isn't true. you made it up.

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

Thru second week of 2010....dead on

The Bills will win at least a couple games, but it is perfectly reasonable to assume that they will be an underdog in every game they play this season.

But yeah, it's pretty much scientifically proven that you can't consistently compete in the NFL without an elite-level quarterback leading the team. We're in limbo until we get lucky and get one, which will be difficult seeing how we aren't really trying.

They'll ne lucky to win 1 game.

I've harped on this board for years that OL and DL are foundational positions and impact your O and your D. You have no offense without an decent OL, as we're all to familiar with as we've watched this offense suck for 10 years. Someone take off this skipping record. Same with the DL. We can have great DBs all we want, but eventually they're exposed without a pass rush. I can't understand how football minds can;t seem to understand what is a simple fundamental concept.

Thru second week of 2010....dead on

It gives me no pride to be "dead on" on this one. In fact it breaks my heart.

What is maddening is that we actually have fans who are "just fine" with the status quo and are willing to wait until the stars align before we dare bring in any talented players (or coaches). My patience is gone. Nix was plain foolish for not addressing our two biggest needs this offseason.

They'll ne lucky to win 1 game.

I've harped on this board for years that OL and DL are foundational positions and impact your O and your D. You have no offense without an decent OL, as we're all to familiar with as we've watched this offense suck for 10 years. Someone take off this skipping record. Same with the DL. We can have great DBs all we want, but eventually they're exposed without a pass rush. I can't understand how football minds can;t seem to understand what is a simple fundamental concept.

Exactly right my man. How in the sam hell can we just outright ignore filling our two biggest needs this offseason? How foolish it is to defend this gaffe by the great minds at OBD.

See, you are lying again. Maybe that is why I am so sensitive is because you are making stuff up about me. I haven't dismissed valid concerns. I have said Green is a terrible RT and that is all on Nix, and plenty other things. I don't know why you are saying lies. If you want your cred, then stop putting words in people's mouth.

You keep saying that I am ingoring buddy's mistakes, and you are flat out making that up. I have said numerous times to you (including this post) that buddy obviously has made mistakes... if me saying buddy has made mistakes is "loving every move that buddy makes," then you are living in pretend town... you keep saying you are "just tellin the truth" but you are filled with lies.

Answer me this one question: How am I loving every move that buddy makes when I have countless times complained about his handleing of: Cornell Green, lack of OLBs, Schobol, lynch, and then some. tell me. HOW is that "loving" every move that buddy makes? You are the one that accused me of that, and it isn't true. you made it up.

LOL. I'm sorry big guy, but the way you have defended Buddy's gaffe of not addressing our two biggest needs this offseason would lead me to believe you are okay with all his moves. Thanks for setting me straight. LOL.

BTW, did you watch the game today? What did you think of the OL and QB play? I rest my case.

BTW, did you watch the game today? What did you think of the OL and QB play? I rest my case.

I always said that the line and QB sucked. I never disagreed with you there. You just pretended I said QB and oline were fine in your pretendland you come from. I said a couple nice things (along with a lot of negative things) about buddy and you assumed I liked the QB and line for some reason... even though in every post I said the opposite. You just fail at reading.

your reading comprehension is just attrocious. People type in black and white saying "i hate the qb and oline" and you reply "what?! you love buddy and our QB and oline?! What is wrong with you?!" then you get called on it and you say "dude, dont be so sensitive!"

Man, just practice some reading...

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

I always said that the line and QB sucked. I never disagreed with you there. You just pretended I said QB and oline were fine in your pretendland you come from. I said a couple nice things (along with a lot of negative things) about buddy and you assumed I liked the QB and line for some reason... even though in every post I said the opposite. You just fail at reading.

your reading comprehension is just attrocious. People type in black and white saying "i hate the qb and oline" and you reply "what?! you love buddy and our QB and oline?! What is wrong with you?!" then you get called on it and you say "dude, dont be so sensitive!"

Man, just practice some reading...

My apologies guy. I just tire of some of the homer speak around here when are needs are so painfully obvious.

Things would go much more smoothly if you just agreed with every great word I type. :flirt: