Bad Drivers

HelloNewman

What do the aggresive/bad drivers do that annoy you most?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What do the aggresive/bad drivers do that annoy you most?

• Weave in and out of traffic jockeying for position
    • Cuts in front of you causing you to brake to avoid a collision
    • Does not yield when you clearly have the right of way
    • Tailgating you when you are doing 70 in a 65mph zone
    • Drift over into your lane because they are not paying attention
    • Doing exactly the speed limit- not 1 mile over- no sir!!
    • Makes a turn into your lane right in front of you
    • The "get out of my way" attitude on the road (usually done by pickup trucks and SUV's)

So you probably tailgate somebody doing 65 but then get pissed when somebody tailgates you doing 70.

How dare those nasty people try to drive in "your" private lane!

Oh those awful trucks and SUV's and their "attitudes"  :doh:

I'll bet $1000 that you're one of those terrible drivers that has no idea how terrible they are and therefore ironically complains about "other" terrible drivers.  :doh:

148147[/snapback]

You are OBVIOUSLY one of the drivers that he's talking about. What's worse, you think ITS OK! Yes there is such a thing as "right of way" ,however petty it may seem. In a sense, the area directly in front of you is "yours". Any one turning onto the thoroughfare that does not have the ROW is to allow you to pass by if they cannot negotiate the turn w/out causing you to apply your brakes. That is fact. If they do not apply the brakes and T-bone you instead its YOUR FAULT. But you would certainly hire Cellino and Barnes to argue otherwise. You are the problem with drivers these days. And probably drive an SUV to boot. You think wherever you have to get to is more important than ANYONE else and will do whatever it takes to get there. So get out of my freakin' way! That is the reason for road rage. You don't want to follow the rules, and have no clue when it comes to common courtesy. You're probably one of those people who will cut someone off when turning onto a road from a stop, even though you clearly see there are no vehicles behind them. You just can't wait for a stupid thing like right of way. <_<

I can't stand when I'm driving down the road, say doing 55, when some jackass decides to pull out of a side street or a parking lot from a complete standstill directly in front of me causing me to lock up my brakes or swerve into another lane. Some people are just to damn dumb to be driving.

Car A going 55mph

Car B stopped but decideds to pull out.

Less than 100 feet between Car B pulling out and Car A having the right of way.

Do the math people. Geesh!!

Just my personal peeve of drivers. By the way, I'm in Orlando and this is a daily occurence with the Blue Hairs!!

I hate how some people think it's ok to drive backwards on west henrietta road

i also hate those people who pull out onto west henrietta road with their cars perpendicular to the direction of the road and stay there, waiting for an opening in traffic so they can turn left (it's truly appalling and seems to happen at least twice a month (who knows, maybe it's the same person)...i'd never do thta just because i'd be afraid someone wouldn't stop and then tbone me

You are OBVIOUSLY one of the drivers that he's talking about. What's worse, you think ITS OK! Yes there is such a thing as "right of way" ,however petty it may seem. In a sense, the area directly in front of you is "yours". Any one turning onto the thoroughfare that does not have the ROW is to allow you to pass by if they cannot negotiate the turn w/out causing you to apply your brakes. That is fact. If they do not apply the brakes and T-bone you instead its YOUR FAULT. But you would certainly hire Cellino and Barnes to argue otherwise. You are the problem with drivers these days. And probably drive an SUV to boot. You think wherever you have to get to is more important than ANYONE else and will do whatever it takes to get there. So get out of my freakin' way! That is the reason for road rage. You don't want to follow the rules, and have no clue when it comes to common courtesy. You're probably one of those people who will cut someone off when turning onto a road from a stop, even though you clearly see there are no vehicles behind them. You just can't wait for a stupid thing like right of way. mad.gif

OMG, that is fantastic. Please tell me you are able to recognize teh irony of some guy whose name comes from a song about insanely shooting appliances, screaming hysterically at somebody else about how they are the one responsible for road rage. You don't suppose road rage could be the result of morons without the slightest capacity for self-control? Nahhhh, probably not.

And for what it's worth I'm about as laid-back a driver as you will ever see. I leave early to get everywhere I'm going so I can take my time getting there. Sometimes I even manage to get there without screeching at people I know nothing about. And in the 20+years I've been driving, I've never touched/been touched by another vehicle nor had any type of moving violation since I was a teenager.

And no I never "cut someone off when turning onto a road from a stop" simply because I never bother stopping.

And no I don't drive an SUV. My primary vehicle is waaaaay bigger than those piddly little go-karts.

And why should I care a whit about rules and common courtesy when my vehicle is way bigger than yours.

Waitress, I need two more boat drinks...................on the grill of my truck.

Men drive trucks. I never would have sold mine, except I didn't need two vehicles and my wife's was in a lot better shape.

I've never been able to figure out why you city folk bother to own trucks.

Won't they let you take your chickens on the bus?

149379[/snapback]

Always better to put the chickens in the back. They really stink, you know? and, I was never much on the sliding rear window. I'd rather keep my cooler of beer up front and leave the dawgs in the back.

OMG, that is fantastic. Please tell me you are able to recognize teh irony of some guy whose name comes from a song about insanely shooting appliances, screaming hysterically at somebody else about how they are the one responsible for road rage. You don't suppose road rage could be the result of morons without the slightest capacity for self-control? Nahhhh, probably not.

And for what it's worth I'm about as laid-back a driver as you will ever see. I leave early to get everywhere I'm going so I can take my time getting there. Sometimes I even manage to get there without screeching at people I know nothing about. And in the 20+years I've been driving, I've never touched/been touched by another vehicle nor had any type of moving violation since I was a teenager.

And no I never "cut someone off when turning onto a road from a stop" simply because I never bother stopping.

And no I don't drive an SUV. My primary vehicle is waaaaay bigger than those piddly little go-karts.

And why should I care a whit about rules and common courtesy when my vehicle is way bigger than yours.

Waitress, I need two more boat drinks...................on the grill of my truck.

149362[/snapback]

That's the best you can do, implying that I am moronic? Moronic is defending or at least sounding as though you are, those who are responsible for the loss of decorum in our society. Yes it gets me pissed! That's exactly the reason for needing a few boatdrinks and a change in latitude/ attitude in the slow pace closer to the equator. And if I didn't know anything about that driver that cut me off, they just told me they're an A**hole via their actions behind the wheel. B)

That's the best you can do, implying that I am moronic? Moronic is defending or at least sounding as though you are, those who are responsible for the loss of decorum in our society. Yes it gets me pissed! That's exactly the reason for needing a few boatdrinks and a change in latitude/ attitude in the slow pace closer to the equator. And if I didn't know anything about that driver that cut me off, they just told me they're an A**hole via their actions behind the wheel. B)

149387[/snapback]

You guys are using entirely too much grammar and spelling.

149379[/snapback]

Normally, I think it's pretty stupid...

But if you've ever seen the condition of the roads in downtown DC, you wouldn't begrudge anyone living there the ownership of a solid 4WD vehicle with off-road capability.

I do a godawful commute and would like to add some to the list.....

- Women who put their makup on when driving

- Men that read the friggen newspaper when driving

- Vehicles who speed up to cut you off....like it is some kind of dominance thing....and then SLOW DOWN to the speed they wish to drive at

- The idiot who comes right up on your bumper when you are doing 80 miles an hour...in the fast light (and then gets pissed off when I start slowly decreasing my speed..<_<

- and EVERYBODY WITH A DAMN CELL PHONE

How dare those nasty people try to drive in "your" private lane!

148147[/snapback]

Uhhh..."right of way" is pretty much just that. What do you think a yield sign means, that it's okay to blow through it because everyone else is required to stop?

People who don't know what the right of way is in a given situation, or simply insist that they have it because they're in a hurry, bug the HELL out of me. Not because they're infringing on "my private lane", not just because it's friggin' dangerous...but because right of way is designed into road networks to maintain traffic flow, and ignoring the designed right-of-way rules - even to the point of something "polite" like stopping on a road to let someone else out of a parking lot - is the single biggest contribution to traffic congestion.

- The idiot who comes right up on your bumper when you are doing 80 miles an hour...in the fast light (and then gets pissed off when I start slowly decreasing my speed..:doh:

149400[/snapback]

I don't see where you have much call to complain about said driver getting pissed...since there's very little other reason for you to slow down save to piss him off... <_<

I don't see where you have much call to complain about said driver getting pissed...since there's very little other reason for you to slow down save to piss him off...  <_<

149415[/snapback]

I love it. I've been known to drop to 45 on the Baltimore Belt, for that very reason. I generally speed, and if 80 isn't good enough for you, tough. I've actually had one go psychotic enough to hit the guard rail crossing three lanes to try to pass at 90 on the right.

No, I didn't stop. Let 'em burn. Too bad.

That's the best you can do, implying that I am moronic? Moronic is defending or at least sounding as though you are, those who are responsible for the loss of decorum in our society. Yes it gets me pissed! That's exactly the reason for needing a few boatdrinks and a change in latitude/ attitude in the slow pace closer to the equator. And if I didn't know anything about that driver that cut me off, they just told me they're an A**hole via their actions behind the wheel.

For what its worth, I only responded to the original thread because of his comment about tailgating but also hating people who actually drive the speed limit. The contradiction immediately rang a bell that when I'm cruising down the road concocting a batch of perfect 'ritas in my portable blender that he's the idiot 6" off my bumper bitching about me having the audacity to do 55 in a 55zone.

The "private lane" comment and my response to you were just gratuitous potshots for my own amusement;-)

Cya

Tailgating. I mean I do the limit and theres some fool behind me doing at least 10 or over! I especially hate this in the morning when they decide to leave their bright lights on and then you have this glare while youre trying to drive. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: I cant wait til the snow hits,because I will let them pass me and just smirk when they end up in a ditch...all because theyre in too much of a damn hurry!